PDA

View Full Version : TiKi RIG DOWN!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:03 PM
Holy Crap! Of all the sucky things that could happen today my brand new rig is broken. It will boot on for about 30-45 seconds and then just shut off (I have been able to get to windows but then it shuts off again). I have reseated the memory. Cleared the BIOS many times. Replaced the battery. Switched the memory positions. Insured all of the connectors are connected. Everything was working perfect last night and this morning. Now when I get home from work the rig is broke. What the heck has happened?

I wonder if it's a power supply issue...although I kinda doubt that.

Guys I need your help.:(

lduguay
03-28-07, 04:07 PM
Looks exactly like a PSU issue, or some component that shorts out the 12v or 5v leads causing the PSU to shutdown. Try unplugging your components one by one.

jAkUp
03-28-07, 04:08 PM
Yea, sounds like a PSU issue, but it could also be mobo or grounding. Possibly even CPU overheating. I suggest to turn it on, get into your BIOS and check the CPU temp as fast as possible.

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:10 PM
Looks exactly like a PSU issue, or some component that shorts out the 12v or 5v leads causing the PSU to shutdown. Try unplugging your components one by one.

Ok let me try that. I have unplugged and replugged quite a few. I just understand what would make it have this problem for the 5 hours I was away from it. By the way the rig was turned off for that 5 hours that I was gone.

methimpikehoses
03-28-07, 04:10 PM
So no BSOD... just a shut down? Does the mobo light go out?

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:11 PM
Yea, sounds like a PSU issue, but it could also be mobo or grounding. Possibly even CPU overheating. I suggest to turn it on, get into your BIOS and check the CPU temp as fast as possible.

Let me check the CPU temp. Just a sec.

spaceigg
03-28-07, 04:11 PM
Hey, I had almost the same problem when I built my rig and it was the processor overheating... I just re apply Arctic silver 5 and that fixed it.

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:14 PM

HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!

The CPU temp was 104C. I just was in the BIOS this morning when it was 35C. DID MY FREEZONE BREAK!!!

:banghead:

OOOOOO nooooooo!

lduguay
03-28-07, 04:15 PM
Ooops, at least you know the problem now.

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:16 PM
Ooops, at least you know the problem now.

Man....what possibly could have caused this when I did nothing to it.

superklye
03-28-07, 04:17 PM
This is what happens when you try to pressure your friends into spending $970 they shouldn't spend. ;)

Seriously though, that sucks man. I hope you can get it fixed quickly. :o

Xion X2
03-28-07, 04:18 PM
Dude, dump that Freezone and never look back. Honestly. Half the people I've seen with those have had it break on them.

You have a good spot in the top of your case for a dual-fan radiator to cool that quad down with. I would go with a custom water solution if I were you. Much more reliable/effective.

J-Mag
03-28-07, 04:19 PM
Man....what possibly could have caused this when I did nothing to it.

The pump is probably hosed.

DiscipleDOC
03-28-07, 04:19 PM
You need to get on the phone with coolit!

jAkUp
03-28-07, 04:20 PM
ha I knew it, check to make sure the molex connector is connected, probably the pump isn't turning. Also try turning on your PC and tapping the pump. with a screwdriver to see if it starts spinning.

DiscipleDOC
03-28-07, 04:20 PM
Dude, dump that Freezone and never look back. Honestly. Half the people I've seen with those have had it break on them.
I'm still happy with my freezone! :p

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:21 PM
I feel like I'm going to :barf:.

Xion X2
03-28-07, 04:24 PM
I'm still happy with my freezone

I'm glad, and I hope it works out for you, bro. But this is the 4th one just on these forums I've seen break/not work properly so far. Malficar, slawter, and now Tiki. There was one other, but I can't remember who it was.

Thank God Tiki had the thermal control turned on in his BIOS. That thing may have melted right to his motherboard. Sorry, pal. Hope you get it fixed soon.

DiscipleDOC
03-28-07, 04:28 PM
You guys are getting me paranoid now. I'm enjoying having my rig overclocked over 3.o Ghz at 25 degrees.:(

Xion X2
03-28-07, 04:31 PM
You guys are getting me paranoid now. I'm enjoying having my rig overclocked over 3.o Ghz at 25 degrees.:(

Sorry, man.. not trying to. I'm sure most of these are still working fine, but I've seen what I would call an "abnormal" amount of these fail on people since it was released.

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:31 PM
:cry:

FETCH!!!! JUST LOOK AT THE BUBBLES IN THE TUBING!

http://imageigloo.com/images/8958bubbles.JPG

LORD-eX-Bu
03-28-07, 04:35 PM
yeah the Fr33z0n3 is Teh SuXxoRz.

didn't we express some concern over it before? I wouldn't touch one of those things, they can burn your house down. Look very low quality.

Get some real liquid cooling going man:)

DiscipleDOC
03-28-07, 04:38 PM
Sorry, man.. not trying to. I'm sure most of these are still working fine, but I've seen what I would call an "abnormal" amount of these fail on people since it was released.
Don't worry...I know things like that have a tendency to fail...if it does, so be it.

TiKiMaN1
03-28-07, 04:38 PM
yeah the Fr33z0n3 is Teh SuXxoRz.

didn't we express some concern over it before? I wouldn't touch one of those things, they can burn your house down. Look very low quality.

Get some real liquid cooling going man:)

CoolIt Systems specifies on their site that this cooler will work with Kentsfield. I'm really not certain that is the case.:(

The Freezone worked perfect for my E6700 but this really sucks!

Xion X2
03-28-07, 04:39 PM
Where did you get it? Is it under warranty? If it is, and if you can get your money back out of it, I'd at least go with something similar to this, instead. You could get cheaper if you go custom, but this would be the "easiest" replacement solution, IMO:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108076

Comes complete w/ green coolant which seems to suit your style. :)

Sorry, pal.

One of the things about liquid-cooling is you really have to make sure you go with a good, reliable pump. I'm not even sure what the Freezone uses, but this is only one of a # of occasions I've seen where it seemed like it didn't even kick on for someone after hitting the power switch.