PDA

View Full Version : 8800 + Restart = No Signal

Pages : [1] 2

Blacklash
03-28-07, 06:56 PM
I am tired of this. It's not a "big deal" and annoying nonetheless.

When I select restart from the OS and restart the 8800 does not send a signal to my monitor until I turn it off then on again. The 7950 GX2 I had didn't do this and the X800 XL I have doesn't do this. The 8800 does it in the BX2 and the AW9D-Max.

I have tried using no driver, with drivers and four different OS. That's MCE 2005, Win XP SP-2, Win XP Professional x64 and Vista Ultimate. I've tried reseating the card. I've tried both dvi outputs.

The only way I can get a signal from the beginning is to shut down, wait about 10 secs or so then start the computer.

byte8086
03-28-07, 10:38 PM
I had the same problem with both of those branded boards myself using a BFG8800GTX and a EVGA 8800GTX, but if you try it in a EVGA 680i it will work.

If you have a Gateway brand 21 monitor, some of those do have sync issues according to Gateway tech support. R0, R1 revisions.

Best of luck

Blacklash
03-29-07, 03:59 AM
Interesting,

Well I am not buying another flippin' motherboard.

mike686
03-29-07, 04:05 AM
Could be from excessive overclock on that e6600. Try putting it at stock to see what happens.

Blacklash
03-29-07, 04:59 AM
Unfortunately, I've tried it with everything set stock and the BIOS @ default. No dice.

byte8086
03-29-07, 11:14 AM
What is your brand of monitor?

Blacklash
03-29-07, 11:30 AM
NEC 20WMGX2

BTW do BFG make their own 8800s or are they Foxconns with different cosmetics like everyone else?

byte8086
03-29-07, 04:46 PM
No idea on who makes them. I would contact EVGA to see if they have a bios to correct the problem. I was to lazy to bother :)

byte8086
03-30-07, 12:58 AM
Save yourself some time... I had a wild hair after reading this thread and thinking about it...so...

I flashed my 8800 to .40

ripped out my 680i and put in the BX2

Same problem

Not unless they would have a more up to date bios I'd say don't waste your time with it, but it is a real pain in the $%@

best of luck

Blacklash
04-11-07, 03:52 AM
Got the signal returning appropriately after "restart" from within windows.

I restarted in safe mode and removed the nVidia driver. Next I went to prefetch and cleared everything in it. I then shut down the computer. I disconnected the monitor then started my system up. I listened to it load and when it was silent I new it had reached the log on screen. I pushed the power button to shut it back down. I hooked my monitor up and restarted. When windows loaded it did that black flash and corruption business it usually does when you first install a video driver. It notified me it had "Installed a standard VGA device". When I did restart this time the signal returned appropriately. After installing the nVidia driver all is still good now. I can restart and have my signal recover|return appropriately now. I've tried restart six times in a row and it hasn't failed yet. So it wasn't the BX2 motherboard.

We'll see how long it lasts :p

Blacklash
04-11-07, 05:10 AM
Stopped working again and I haven't changed a thing. :thumbdwn:

Senisan
06-01-07, 09:39 AM
I'm having that exact same problem with my new rig! I have no idea what's going on. When i get home I'm going to try the last thing you did BackLash and see if I get any positive results. any update since then though?

Specs are: XP HOME|Antec P180 B|Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 |Corsair XMS2 (5-5-5-12) |ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX |BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB|Seagate Barracuda 320 GB

sniggle
06-01-07, 05:21 PM
I run dual monitors with the 20WMGX2 as my secondary. I've noticed that it never receives any video while the system is booting but as soon as I hit the desktop and multimonitor kicks in it works fine. My 7900GTX always showed mirror images in both monitors until the desktop. I figured the 8800GTX simply didn't show the signal in both monitors, but maybe it has something to do with the 20WMGX2. I'm too lazy to test though.

mynakedrat
06-02-07, 02:58 AM
wow. interesting. just happenedd to me also.... 8800 gts.?

Senisan
06-02-07, 05:30 PM
I tried what Backlash did and to no avail. This is really annoying. I have a 8800 gts

Trademark
06-03-07, 02:35 AM
Had this issue on a P5B board aswell. Sucked, I then got rid of the mobo and replaced it with my current one...

Blacklash
06-03-07, 03:16 PM
Had this issue on a P5B board aswell. Sucked, I then got rid of the mobo and replaced it with my current one...

You're very late to this thread and I'll reply anyway.

I was having the problem off and on with my BX2 motherboard. I am not currently experiencing it with the AB9 QuadGT.

ikjadoon
06-03-07, 04:39 PM
I have the same problem, too! Specs in signature, running 158.24 WHQL..

~Ibrahim~

Absu
06-04-07, 08:55 AM
I had this problem when I first built my system. Bad Axe 2, eVGA 8800GTS 640MB..

I fixed it by moving my sata boot hd to the top left port of the intel raid controller. Any other port, the 8800 wouldn't initialize the monitor. I have the marvell raid controller disabled.

kevp
06-10-07, 02:41 PM
I am currently experiencing this problem. The machine I just put together this weekend:
eVGA 680i LT SLI
intel E6600
eVGA 8800GTS
2gig OCZ mem
1 SATA harddrive
Vista 64bit home premium
Viewsonic 20" widescreen monitor

If I completely remove all nvidia display drivers, it functions normally, though its not very pretty (standard vga device). The nVidia motherboard drivers don't seem to be an issue and neither does nTune. If I then try to install video drivers (I have tried the two most recent sets of drivers), on the restart my monitor doesn't get a signal. The machine is functioning, I can hear it log in if I put in my password. Just no image on the monitor.

esir
06-10-07, 03:56 PM
same here :thumbdwn:
heres my rig:
E6400
Asus P5NSLI
Asus EN8800GTX
Samsung 940BW

kevp
06-10-07, 04:27 PM
I have the latest bios for my mobo.
I have tried disabling the nVidia GPU EX option in the bios
My PSU is a SeaSonic 515(ish)watt. This PSU was in my previous machine with a 7800GTX, so I very much doubt it is a wattage issue.

This HAS to be a driver issue. If you google "8800GTS no signal" there are more than a few forums with small threads on the issue. Its like the problem is out there, but it doesn't affect enough people for it to get soem brainpower going on it.

kevp
06-11-07, 07:10 PM
UPDATE: incase anyone is interested.

The problem persists. I've tried 3 sets of drivers. I even grabbed my old 7800GTX and reinstalled vista. It still persists on that install. When using the standard VGA adapter driver it works fine. It will even do my monitor's native widescreen rez. But if you try to put on the nvidia drivers, upon reboot the monitor will go to sleep when you hear the chime and know the vista log-on screen should be there.

I was hoping to avoid odd issues like this by buying an eVGA nVidia mobo and an eVGA nVidia video card; surely those two would play nice right? They won't

Instead, I shelved Vista for now and authorized an old copy of XP Pro I had. It installed perfectly and is behaving normally/stable. Games run like butter on it. Odd huh?

Senisan
07-03-07, 12:50 PM
UPDATE: I Bought a new EVGA GTS and it worked fine but it got crap benchmark scores compared to my BFG GTS. So I decided to switch back to the my BFG GTS just for kicks and used a new dvi adapter. Strangely it's been working ever since....problem solved...for now.

ikjadoon
07-03-07, 02:39 PM
New DVI adapter? The one that came with the BFG or eVGA?

My problems have somehow disappeared. I think mine might have been the DVI adapter, as well. Or it could've been the drivers, lol, I'm not sure!

~Ibrahim~