PDA

View Full Version : dq6 temps

kevJ420
03-28-07, 07:35 PM
does the dq 6 have superior temps to the evga board w/ fan installed, everything else being the same?

also, would i have to get a new copy of xp if i were to switch mobos?

also, are evga 680i boards really that likely to fail after a few months of use?

Why is so much complete and total **** released?

QC needs a serious overhaul.

A serious ****ing overhaul.

buffbiff21
03-28-07, 08:04 PM
does the dq 6 have superior temps to the evga board w/ fan installed, everything else being the same?
southbridge, yes. "everything else" no. i have owned a DS3, but the 2 should be similar.

also, would i have to get a new copy of xp if i were to switch mobos?
no you would not have to purchase a new copy of Windows XP. You just use the disc you have. if you are intent on fresh installing software then you can get away with uninstalling the ethernet/usb/raid drivers on your current mobo and then installing the ones for the new one thereafter.

also, are evga 680i boards really that likely to fail after a few months of use?
no

Why is so much complete and total **** released?
wow.

QC needs a serious overhaul.
not really. for every 1 person that has a problem there are probly 1000 that do not. sure there are some thunderstruck unlucky ones (XionX2) around, but for the most part I dont see people having problems.

I have had 3 of these boards - 1 from november and two from march. (3 in total) I ran high voltage memory on all of them. Big CPU OC on all of them. High voltage on other areas of the mobo, one with a RAID array, and they all worked perfectly fine with me. (I believe i killed one of them ith my own hands, but so be it.) Point is, they dont need better qc . I cant explain all the occurences of the problems, but they dont seem to be that significant - especially now.

A serious ****ing overhaul.[/QUOTE]
wow.

ok i need a drink. :headexplode:

kevJ420
03-28-07, 09:04 PM
southbridge, yes. "everything else" no. i have owned a DS3, but the 2 should be similar.

no you would not have to purchase a new copy of Windows XP. You just use the disc you have. if you are intent on fresh installing software then you can get away with uninstalling the ethernet/usb/raid drivers on your current mobo and then installing the ones for the new one thereafter.

no

wow.

not really. for every 1 person that has a problem there are probly 1000 that do not. sure there are some thunderstruck unlucky ones (XionX2) around, but for the most part I dont see people having problems.

I have had 3 of these boards - 1 from november and two from march. (3 in total) I ran high voltage memory on all of them. Big CPU OC on all of them. High voltage on other areas of the mobo, one with a RAID array, and they all worked perfectly fine with me. (I believe i killed one of them ith my own hands, but so be it.) Point is, they dont need better qc . I cant explain all the occurences of the problems, but they dont seem to be that significant - especially now.

wow.

ok i need a drink. :headexplode:[/QUOTE]

thanks, you're great.