PDA

View Full Version : Coutner Strike:Source on vista ...

kam03
03-29-07, 06:05 PM
When i load css and play the game i get no problems, everything runs fine but when i minimize the game to check msn etc then maximize the game, the game jumps to 15 fps and stays at 15-20 fps all the way.

Basically when i minimize the game, 3D aero theme loads back but after maximizing the game it should go to basic mode but it doesn't, which is why the game becomes slow.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

$n][pErMan
03-29-07, 09:39 PM
You could manually put your system in basic mode for the duration of the game then put it back to normal when your done playing....

rflair
03-30-07, 04:55 AM
If your using -heapsize in your CS:S command line remove it.

Vista doesn't like it for some reason, I guess its the way Vista handles memory.

six_storm
03-30-07, 10:11 AM
I don't wanna sound like an ass, but why not just not minimize CSS? Why not close the game, check your stuff and reopen the game? I remember minimizing games and my system will work pretty hard to do so, so I quit. Just a thought.

Bearclaw
03-30-07, 12:40 PM
I don't wanna sound like an ass, but why not just not minimize CSS? Why not close the game, check your stuff and reopen the game? I remember minimizing games and my system will work pretty hard to do so, so I quit. Just a thought.
Or you could just get 2 monitors and be doing the email and gaming at once.

Riptide
03-30-07, 01:09 PM
How about playing the game in a window? Anyone ever done that?

Bearclaw
03-30-07, 01:28 PM
I do that for most of my games.

kam03
03-30-07, 07:51 PM

lol, how do i do that?

kam03
03-30-07, 07:55 PM

well I do that on xp every time and it only takes my system 1 sec to minimise and 2 sec to maximise, doesn't even stress the system, its as fast as using alt+tab on xp and same on vista but when its maximised its a whole new story.