PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi's are 30 now !! When did that happen?

XDanger
03-30-07, 07:32 PM
AND WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME!!!!
(dont answer that please)

pross
03-30-07, 07:40 PM
where? the 64M ones?

XDanger
03-30-07, 07:41 PM
the what now? The ones with memory?, NO

kevJ420
03-30-07, 07:45 PM
Keep in mind that's not quite $30, if you're talking about the entry level one.

Plus, they have to make a new one that's pci-e sometime, or else they might be out of the sound card biz.

$n][pErMan
03-30-07, 07:49 PM
Keep in mind that's not quite $30, if you're talking about the entry level one.

Plus, they have to make a new one that's pci-e sometime, or else they might be out of the sound card biz.
I doubt that. At least right now using PCI-E on a sound card is pretty damn useless and also causes a lot of signal distortion as far as sound is concerned. Not to mention for people who have SLi... unless they have 3 PCI-E slots I doubt that they are going to give up a slot for a sound card. I see PCI sound cards staying around for awhile.

XDanger
03-30-07, 07:50 PM
http://www.xtsit.com/browse/product_details.php?id=11254

Including postage comes to 30 ish

How much diffrence does 64mb of M make if you have 4gb(or just over 3 in xp)system ram and an overclocked core2?
Im sure the extra connections are nice though.

kevJ420
03-30-07, 07:55 PM
[pErMan']I doubt that. At least right now using PCI-E on a sound card is pretty damn useless and also causes a lot of signal distortion as far as sound is concerned. Not to mention for people who have SLi... unless they have 3 PCI-E slots I doubt that they are going to give up a slot for a sound card. I see PCI sound cards staying around for awhile.

How does it cause signal distortion? If it does, then wouldn't it have an emi shield and then that would eliminate the distortion?

XDanger
03-30-07, 07:57 PM
thats what spread spectrum is for but thats no good for oc
I dont see the need for a pci-e x2,x4 slot sound card,would just get in the way. enabling x2 slots does that not just clog up the bus or some junk.

Anyway ,30 is way cheap ,I want one now .

A lot of the frequency is wasted on people over 21 as we loose our hearing anyway.
I used to be able to hear all the electrical stuff in my house buzzing with the resonating loose (when I say loose I mean on a microscopic level) components/alternating current and such ,now not so much

ramble ramble...