PDA

View Full Version : No Mic Jack?

gulizard
03-30-07, 08:20 PM
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels is what I just got. I paid 99 bucks for at Computers Plus. I got it home and according to the manual the "Flexijack" on it can be used for several things including a mic. However I have yet to get it to work.

I've gone to the recording controls selected microphone, and everything. Still nothing..

I have all the drivers install yet still no mic playback through TS or even through Windows Hardware Test.. How do I get this to work, if someone could figure this out I'd be thankful.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-30-07, 10:16 PM
I use my X-Fi platinum rear jack as a mic-in... In game mode (never use the others), click settings at the bottom, and in the box labelled "Digital I/O" Flexijack Mode, select "Mic-In / Line-In" ands thats it.

Oh and make sure mic is the selected and not mic2 as the input source :)

gulizard
03-30-07, 10:25 PM
Nothing like that here for me... no clue why it doesnt show. I have microphone showing.. and a Line in.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-31-07, 12:03 AM
What mode are you using? Try switching to game mode and doing it that way...I believe its different for each mode, well, the method for getting it...

Here, I was nice enough to make you a little guide (http://ngz.ath.cx:88/t/core/D/My%20Pictures/xfi01.jpg) :)

EDIT: Oh, and the mic plugin is the LAST connector on the card, the one farthest from the motherboard.

gulizard
03-31-07, 02:10 PM
Fixed had to unplug front port audio connector. It was for some reason giving issues.