PDA

View Full Version : hardware support question

Pages : [1] 2

kevJ420
03-31-07, 12:48 AM
I while ago I read a long ass detailed report of a list of every hardware function (in 1999) for the voodoo3 and it gave a yes or no answer.

So, I was wondering if anything exists today for modern cards, and if it does, where could I find it?

I don't remember what the name of it was but it was the sandra system info ****, or some **** like that I think I think.

buffbiff21
03-31-07, 01:04 AM
?

Bearclaw
03-31-07, 01:13 AM
I'm sure there is. There are probably a million info sheets like that, just use google.

SwedX
03-31-07, 06:46 AM
Oh man just take a breath and relax..start enjoy your games insteed ;)

SLippe
03-31-07, 06:51 AM
WGAF? You worry about some of the oddest sh!t.

Xion X2
03-31-07, 08:15 AM
^ Especially for having an 8800GTX SLI system. Instead of playing games w/ it, he's going to go fill out hardware forms.

|MaguS|
03-31-07, 09:09 AM
You need to discuss this with scotmi1@cox.net, Im sure he will share his knowledge of the subject with you.

SwedX
03-31-07, 09:17 AM
^ Especially for having an 8800GTX SLI system. Instead of playing games w/ it, he's going to go fill out hardware forms.

He just filling up this forum with s.h.i.t no one even heard about or dont give a fu..

Man who is that troll :headexplode:

scotmi1@cox.net
03-31-07, 03:57 PM
You need to discuss this with scotmi1@cox.net, Im sure he will share his knowledge of the subject with you.

i dont know if this is a joke or not because i have some pretty good knowledge about functons of different video cards so maybe you are trying to put me down but in any case i could care less until they put z-buffer culling rgss inside every new game that is released

kevJ420
03-31-07, 04:11 PM
i dont know if this is a joke or not because i have some pretty good knowledge about functons of different video cards so maybe you are trying to put me down but in any case i could care less until they put z-buffer culling rgss inside every new game that is released

Z-culling is automatically done in the g80's rendering pipeline.

RGSS must be supported by hardware other than the 3dfx voodoo 5, to be in current games.

Sazar
03-31-07, 04:49 PM
Ban em.

ASUSEN7900GTX
03-31-07, 05:09 PM
is it sisfot sandra youre after?

it is a system benchmark not like PC mark

sissoft sandra give you all youre system infoe there is and you can do various benchmarks as well

anyways i donīt give a rats ass about benchmarks games is the melody dude you gotta keep up canīt rely on benchmarks to see how fast youre system is
since games is teh only way to see what it does if games suck then you need to dearcese settings

anyways thatīs that

kevJ420
03-31-07, 05:33 PM
is it sisfot sandra youre after?

it is a system benchmark not like PC mark

sissoft sandra give you all youre system infoe there is and you can do various benchmarks as well

anyways i donīt give a rats ass about benchmarks games is the melody dude you gotta keep up canīt rely on benchmarks to see how fast youre system is
since games is teh only way to see what it does if games suck then you need to dearcese settings

anyways thatīs that

you should've realised by now that I'm as against benchmarks as anyone, and if I had my own tech site, I would neither show, nor base a gpu's rating on benchmarks.

Anyways, I found out what it was, it was Direct X Caps, I haven't ever had DX problems, so I've never used it.

Thanks everyone.

methimpikehoses
03-31-07, 05:41 PM
Well that was worthwhile. :) :headexplode:

$n][pErMan
03-31-07, 06:06 PM
you should've realised by now that I'm as against benchmarks as anyone, and if I had my own tech site, I would neither show, or base a gpu's rating on benchmarks.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... then how the hell would you compare hardware?!? Even comparing FPS in different games over different hardware is technically a benchmark. If your talking just 3dmark and stuff then of course there is some bias in those... but even so it can still tell you where you stand compaired to other systems.

kevJ420
03-31-07, 06:28 PM
It's all in the IQ, if I knew how to compare screenshots and if i were a tech editor, then I could compare
1. by IQ,

2. temps,

3. and talk about the board, the gpu, and list any incompatibilities or stabilty issues and add user's problems w/ hw to the end of my review and update it every day.

Even though I've not said this until now, I've known who scotmi1@cox.net is after reading a post or 2. It's a person and 2 people he just met and they hated me before they even saw me or even heard my name mentioned. They only like him b/c his dad owns a mansion bought in recent years.

methimpikehoses
03-31-07, 06:38 PM
It's all in the IQ, if I knew how to compare screenshots and if i were a tech editor, then I could compare
1. by IQ,

2. temps,

3. and talk about the board, the gpu, and list any incompatibilities or stabilty issues and add user's problems w/ hw to the end of my review and update it every day.

Even though I've not said this until now, I've known who scotmi1@cox.net is after reading a post or 2. It's a person and 2 people he just met and they hated me before they even saw me or even heard my name mentioned. They only like him b/c his dad owns a mansion bought in recent years.

kevpla1 nothing you have posted all day has made any sense. Reread your last paragraph. Do you think anyone has any clue what you are talking about? The details are sketchy, but it sounds like 3 people who hate you are using scotmi1@cox.net on this site, and 2 of them like the other one because his dad bought a mansion.

That simply doesn't mean anything. What is your point here? Is there a Civil War raging at cox.net?

kevJ420
03-31-07, 07:12 PM
kevpla1 nothing you have posted all day has made any sense. Reread your last paragraph. Do you think anyone has any clue what you are talking about? The details are sketchy, but it sounds like 3 people who hate you are using scotmi1@cox.net on this site, and 2 of them like the other one because his dad bought a mansion.

That simply doesn't mean anything. What is your point here? Is there a Civil War raging at cox.net?

It was 2 people that gave the idea to the person who's lives in a mansion. Sometimes peoples' mansions draw someone to be their friend b/c if you live in a really nice house, then people will want to meet you.

Let me know if there's anything else you need explained.

I think it's clear as pure H20, but then again that's just me.

Madpistol
03-31-07, 07:31 PM
It was 2 people that gave the idea to the person who's lives in a mansion. Sometimes peoples' mansions draw someone to be their friend b/c if you live in a really nice house, then people will want to meet you.

Wow... you should work for HGTV. You'd fit right in. :rolleyes:

Sycario
03-31-07, 08:21 PM

Let me know if there's anything else you need explained.

I think it's clear as pure H20, but then again that's just me.

so... 2 people like this guy because he lives in a mansion. Does the guy in the mansion hate you because your mansion is bigger or is there some other reason for him to hate you?

Sorry, I just don't understand 99% of the crap this guy says.

$n][pErMan
03-31-07, 08:31 PM
My E-Pen0s is bigger than yours...

kevJ420
03-31-07, 08:32 PM
so... 2 people like this guy because he lives in a mansion. Does the guy in the mansion hate you because your mansion is bigger or is there some other reason for him to hate you?

Sorry, I just don't understand 99% of the crap this guy says.

i don't have a mansion, I have a large house to some people but not a mansion. The guy in the mansion doesn't really hate me, he just talks ****, but we don't have any serious beef with each other.

scotmi1@cox.net
03-31-07, 08:36 PM
i don't have a mansion, I have a large house to some people but not a mansion. The guy in the mansion doesn't really hate me, he just talks ****, but we don't have any serious beef with each other.

you don't know what your talking about my dad bought a mansion for me not my brother or sister to brag about also he bought me a gamecube and ps3 over 2 months before they were even on store shelves i have no clue what your talking about maybe you should come to my house and get schooled

BronzeGod
03-31-07, 08:51 PM
wow, someone please kill these two idiots PLEASE !

Sycario
03-31-07, 08:55 PM
wow, someone please kill these two idiots PLEASE !

You don't need to kill them, just cut their hands off so they can't post here anymore.