PDA

View Full Version : your opinion on z-buffer coordinates

scotmi1@cox.net
03-31-07, 05:12 AM
i was playing tmnt and the z-culling coordinates in the game are rediculously close together makeing the special effects totally unrealistic, maybe if they put RGSS inside the game it would be a little bit better but I doubt it. maybe Nvidia should do something about the whole z-buffer thing especially in vista although only an idiot would use vista at this point, i mean lets face the facts it still has tons of bugs and lacks RGSS of all things. how reduculous is that. most of you will probably flame me for this but i just would like some serious opinions on this. I mean the shadow effect of z buffering could have a huge effect on games in teh future such as crysis, even though crysis looks like sh1t at this point in time, just another wannabe game that doesnt support rgss. pathetic.

buffbiff21
03-31-07, 05:37 AM
:rofl

are you kevpla's brother?

SLippe
03-31-07, 05:55 AM
:rofl

are you kevpla's brother?
I was thinkin' something very similar! Are you sh!tt!n' me? I can't handle two of you!

SLippe
03-31-07, 06:01 AM
Hmmm, one is on the west coast and the other on the east coast, however, I thought the one on the west coast was on the east coast last time I checked, but in a different state.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was another douchebag I was thinking of. As you were...

kevJ420
03-31-07, 06:35 AM
What the ****?

That's not even what z-buffer is.

The only thing I could guess is that it's my teacher from high school.

If it's not them, then I don't know who this person is.

kevJ420
03-31-07, 06:55 AM
i was playing tmnt and the z-culling coordinates in the game are rediculously close together makeing the special effects totally unrealistic, maybe if they put RGSS inside the game it would be a little bit better but I doubt it. maybe Nvidia should do something about the whole z-buffer thing especially in vista although only an idiot would use vista at this point, i mean lets face the facts it still has tons of bugs and lacks RGSS of all things. how reduculous is that. most of you will probably flame me for this but i just would like some serious opinions on this. I mean the shadow effect of z buffering could have a huge effect on games in teh future such as crysis, even though crysis looks like sh1t at this point in time, just another wannabe game that doesnt support rgss. pathetic.

RGSS is a ****ing hardware AA technique that I want available and to be implemented thru the drivers, not something that the developers put in the game.

It's the best and was created by 3dfx.

Z-culling is early elimination of pixels that won't be seen.

TMNT has no problems with the current z-buffer and z-culling, however, if you haven't seen a recent thread of mine, then see it and you'll know my opinion.

|MaguS|
03-31-07, 07:04 AM
oh ****, hes starting to argue with himself...

Lfctony
03-31-07, 07:07 AM
I think the OP is just taking the piss...

Xion X2
03-31-07, 07:14 AM
Just great. Two of these toolbags, now. I say we sabotage the whole cox.net server.

Edit: It's either the same guy or a parody. Two windbags w/ cox.net email addys and both talking about "RGSS," which I'd never heard a thing about before kev signed on.

crainger
03-31-07, 07:19 AM
Man the @cox.net brothers are on a roll tonight!

kevJ420
03-31-07, 07:54 AM
Like I said, I'm really not sure who this cox.net guy/girl is.

I hope all of you know that it's none other than someone making ****in fun of me.

SwedX
03-31-07, 08:11 AM
So when comes the 3'd brother ..
Split personalty I say!

kevJ420
03-31-07, 11:31 AM
If it's truly a split personality of me, then I think you'd love it, considering how much you hate me.

It's not me, it's someone making fun of me.

russ_3d
03-31-07, 11:41 AM
you sound like my friend ed who has some weird autistic tendancies (not a joke)

hope your doing cool

SwedX
03-31-07, 12:21 PM
If it's truly a split personality of me, then I think you'd love it, considering how much you hate me.

It's not me, it's someone making fun of me.

Never said I hate you mate heheh

scotmi1@cox.net
03-31-07, 02:55 PM
well maybe yous dont think z-buffer coordinates come from tmnt but i sure as hell have seen them with the halos and such, showing that the game defintely has some issues with the buffer. i appreciate your input on the subject and maybe the damn game delvelopers will wake up and put in better surface culling features in teh future

nemecb
03-31-07, 03:14 PM
Oh man, this is too good.:rofl

(popcorn)

kevJ420
03-31-07, 03:15 PM
well maybe yous dont think z-buffer coordinates come from tmnt but i sure as hell have seen them with the halos and such, showing that the game defintely has some issues with the buffer. i appreciate your input on the subject and maybe the damn game delvelopers will wake up and put in better surface culling features in teh future

As my friend would say, "Yo momma smoked some heavy ass bud when she had you." I think she might have also drank 17 oz of scotch everyday she was pregnant with you.

But thanks for appreciating my input.

Camp0rz
03-31-07, 03:17 PM
this is awesome.

SwedX
03-31-07, 03:19 PM
go go kevpla i love you man hahah ;)

scotmi1@cox.net
04-01-07, 03:36 AM
As my friend would say, "Yo momma smoked some heavy ass bud when she had you." I think she might have also drank 17 oz of scotch everyday she was pregnant with you.

But thanks for appreciating my input.

honostly i dont know who you are nor do i care. just because we have the same damn domain name doesnt mean you can start raggin on me and accuse me of making fun. the issue with tmnt and z-culling is beyond the scope of the subject and i say truly say now that it needs to be implementied a little more carefully int he game since mountain settings and such seems to be cut out by the LOD blending

methimpikehoses
04-01-07, 03:47 AM
:wonder:

Mr_LoL
04-01-07, 12:03 PM
Mikec uses a cox.net email server so we cany ban it.