PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 ZS

Technoholic
04-01-07, 04:42 PM
I do not know if the sound card is causing the problem, but I'm assuming it is.

When I leave my computer on for internet browsing, without music. It's fine. But when I use computer to browse internet with music after few hours of use or so, and my computer crashes.

Just now I played BF2, and it crashed and causing repeating sound. I plan on to upgrade my sound card to X-Fi, but it's just too early because I have others to spend on first.

If I have my sound card, what is really necessary to install? I have the only latest Augidy 2 ZS DRIVER installed. Nothing else.

kevJ420
04-01-07, 05:18 PM
I do not know if the sound card is causing the problem, but I'm assuming it is.

When I leave my computer on for internet browsing, without music. It's fine. But when I use computer to browse internet with music after few hours of use or so, and my computer crashes.

Just now I played BF2, and it crashed and causing repeating sound. I plan on to upgrade my sound card to X-Fi, but it's just too early because I have others to spend on first.

If I have my sound card, what is really necessary to install? I have the only latest Augidy 2 ZS DRIVER installed. Nothing else.

Are you running vista? You made need the latest version of ALchemy if so, although that's only game related.

I do have some advice, however. I think the upcoming pci-e audio card from asus looks very promising, although the SupremeFX is with you mainboard, so they may be very similar.

Technoholic
04-01-07, 11:38 PM
Is it actually recommended to use the sound card? It's realllly annoying especially when I got in the game, I was actually on the roll for the first five minutes, and there goes my roll. Actually, I'll try and see if there's any difference...

I'm running XP Home Edition....... I'll add that in my Sig too.

-Aerows-
04-02-07, 11:17 PM
Your motherboard uses the AD1988 chipset, so it would probably be decent. Realtek is horrible, but the AD1988 actually properly uses EAX. Personally, though, I'd use the Audigy. Even better, I'd upgrade to an X-FI. I was suspicious of people saying that the X-FI was so much better, but it's true. You can immediately tell the difference.

You shouldn't really need anything besides the drivers, though you may not have certain features without them, like the equalizer, etc. At least I do not without the Creative Control Panel (mine's an X-Fi though, it's been a while since I've had an Audigy).

Technoholic
04-02-07, 11:37 PM
Your motherboard uses the AD1988 chipset, so it would probably be decent. Realtek is horrible, but the AD1988 actually properly uses EAX. Personally, though, I'd use the Audigy. Even better, I'd upgrade to an X-FI. I was suspicious of people saying that the X-FI was so much better, but it's true. You can immediately tell the difference.

You shouldn't really need anything besides the drivers, though you may not have certain features without them, like the equalizer, etc. At least I do not without the Creative Control Panel (mine's an X-Fi though, it's been a while since I've had an Audigy).
Thank you SO much for that input. I really appreciate it a lot. So basically, you're actually encouraging me to get X-Fi. I will have to find a way how to work out my budget to get that card.

The way it sounds, the way the price looks, how about this one? XtremeGamer Fatal1ty (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102005).

Meanwhile, you say AD1988 uses the EAX properly, then how do I have it installed? It came with the motherboard on the CD, but I was unable to install it because it ask me to have HDA Bus driver installed. I do not have it? Where do I need to find it? I tried googling too, but damn it's hard?