PDA

View Full Version : Is it the vid card problem?

Technoholic
04-02-07, 11:16 AM
This past weekend, I've been trying to play for hours and hours straight with BF2. The system was unstable.

I had several of voltages upped a little bit. And hitting on 3.2GHz with E6400. I was assuming that it was unstable. I reduced down to 3GHz. And it's still unstable. Now I have my CPU and RAM at stock speed. With 3GHz, the system was stable, but now it's not.

I was trying to install a different sound card and driver. I had extremely hard time with it, especially with the ASUS website down. So I stayed with whatever works with my speakers without SoundBlaster drivers installed.

When I play, I get blue screen stating whatever the errors would be. One time it would say usbhub.sys, then other says video card driver, and on and on. I tried downgrading from 100's drivers for vid card to 93.71. And memory dump too.

When I just do the internet surfing, the computer is fine. With music on, it crashes after 15 minutes straight of use.

This was not my weekend I was actually looking forward to. :(

But a friend told me if I OC my RAM, 7900GT KO won't like it, is that true?

Technoholic
04-02-07, 12:34 PM
Even the BF2 won't stay on desktop. It just shuts off when I use.

Technoholic
04-02-07, 12:47 PM
Then there's an error stating physical memory dump.

It's

0x0000000 (0x70000503, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804E2058)

Physical memory dump tells me RAM. I ran the memtest 3 hours, it came out fine. It has to be the video card?

kevJ420
04-02-07, 03:41 PM
Although the Asus website is down, I'd try to update to the latest bios, that could very well be an issue.

Try reducing the clocks on your vid card to stock clocks and set the fan speed higher.

kevJ420
04-02-07, 03:44 PM
Also, BF is buggy as hell, but maybe drivers earlier than 93.71 would be good.

Id personally use drivers in the 80's or 70's.

I've thought that there drivers have gone downhill each release since 61.77. I pretty much used that the whole 2 years w/ my 6800GT.

Another possible issue is a virus or registry error.

Camp0rz
04-02-07, 04:07 PM
I'd set everything to stock settings and format. Then just take it from there.

Technoholic
04-02-07, 06:01 PM
Everything was at stock. My CPU and RAM was not, but I turned it back to stock speed, and it doesn't help.

But other times, I played BF2 with the newer drivers like 90's, it worked great for me. Maybe it's just that people with more extreme hardwares see it more than I do.

After having the Raptors RAIDED, it has been problematic since then. I'm tired of formatting my computer two-three times in a weekend. I'm not gonna do anymore.

I'm back at college now after a weekend at home, I'm going home again on April 13th weekend. Hopefully, before that date I will buy all the upgrades and I'd STFU from there. I was hoping I would have this solved so I can use it for my last night worth playing before coming back. And make it even useful for my brother's high school spring break, so he can play on my computer with better settings. This just plainly sucks. :(

I will attempt RMAing the video card anyway, I suspect it's bad. Because it's not like before. After RAIDing the harddrives, the game ran fantastic. It ran FEAR fantastic too. I should have tested FEAR to see if it's same thing as BF2. Bah.