PDA

View Full Version : 4gb ram with readyboost...

kam03
04-02-07, 10:52 AM
is it worth having readyboost if you have 4gb ram?

thanks

LycosV
04-02-07, 12:04 PM
Probably not. I think Toms Hardware did some benchmarks of readyboost on high-RAM systems and the results were barely any difference.

Of course if you've got a flashdrive just sitting around it's not likely to hurt anything.

XDanger
04-04-07, 07:54 PM
I need to buy a Handy Steno ht203 200x before I fill up on ram and readyboost becomes pointless!!!!

Burnt_Ram
04-05-07, 08:32 AM
does ready boost automatically launch if you put in the right type of mem stick ?

Sazar
04-05-07, 08:39 AM
does ready boost automatically launch if you put in the right type of mem stick ?

You have to enable it.

And it's basically to assist with your system (smaller file fetches) so you may not see a discernible difference.

It's not really designed to speed-up the system, but it does feel like it makes certain applications open more snappily.

Burnt_Ram
04-05-07, 09:25 AM
You have to enable it.

And it's basically to assist with your system (smaller file fetches) so you may not see a discernible difference.

It's not really designed to speed-up the system, but it does feel like it makes certain applications open more snappily.
and how do you enable it? sorry ;)

Dr.Nick
04-05-07, 11:48 AM
and how do you enable it? sorry ;)

If the stick is fast enough it will ask you if you want to enable readyboost when you plug it in;)

Burnt_Ram
04-05-07, 12:32 PM
If the stick is fast enough it will ask you if you want to enable readyboost when you plug it in;)ohok, cool. ty