PDA

View Full Version : Stange network problems

berger
04-02-07, 04:21 PM
I have the DFI lanparty nF4 SLI - DR board motherboard, and I am having trouble with the network. The entire thing worked fine until I PCS'ed to a different place got a new network, router, and modem. The Marvell Yukon port works with the router but not a direct connetction to the modem, but it is SLOW to no end (about 256kb upload). The Nvidia NIC card works only when connected directly to the modem but will not work when connected to the router, this port is very fast and i get about 7 meg up which is what i am paying for. I know it is not a firewall (software), because i do not have one installed and the windows one is dissabled. I think it MIGHT be something to do with the router. Does anyone have any ideas?

retsam
04-02-07, 05:22 PM
I have the DFI lanparty nF4 SLI - DR board motherboard, and I am having trouble with the network. The entire thing worked fine until I PCS'ed to a different place got a new network, router, and modem. The Marvell Yukon port works with the router but not a direct connetction to the modem, but it is SLOW to no end (about 256kb upload). The Nvidia NIC card works only when connected directly to the modem but will not work when connected to the router, this port is very fast and i get about 7 meg up which is what i am paying for. I know it is not a firewall (software), because i do not have one installed and the windows one is dissabled. I think it MIGHT be something to do with the router. Does anyone have any ideas?
its your cable...change out your ethernet cable and that should do it.

berger
04-02-07, 06:08 PM
ok that didnt do anything. Now my Marvell Yukon port does not work at all. I have tried a different router and everything> WTF!!!!

retsam
04-02-07, 06:11 PM
do you have the yukon set to autonigotiate the port speed?

berger
04-02-07, 10:02 PM
Srry for the outburst, this has been driving me nuts for the last 3 days. I did get it fixed another way, but i also tested the cord afterward... you were correct, it is a faulty cord. Thank you for your help.