PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Warranty Upgrade!

kev13dd
04-03-07, 11:51 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm

My favorite addition

If we repair your Xbox 360 after the warranty period has expired, while you will be responsible for the repair costs, your repaired console will be returned to you with a new, one year repair warranty.

This has me very very excited considering I have a console long out of warranty. I'm pretty sure it's going to die, and I've always hated the idea of paying 150 dollars to get it repaired, then it could die the next day and I'd be screwed. I don't like the idea that Microsoft has to upgrade the warranty because of cruddy manufacturing in the first place, but at least they are doing something? Heh

K

S.I.N
04-04-07, 01:49 AM
This is what you call a undercover mass recall.

Bearclaw
04-04-07, 01:53 AM
Ya....what shady fellows..

ViN86
04-04-07, 09:45 AM
meh, usually it was the older consoles that failed and have since been fixed.

newer consoles are more reliable, thats probably why they expanded the warranty. they made themselves look better without really changing their workload.

Lyme
04-04-07, 11:07 AM

Most places do not warranty out of warranty repairs. For example take your out of warranty receiver and when you go to get it fixed ask for a warranty on that, they probably will refuse.

The other changes to the 360 warranty are good improvements, there have been quite a lot of complaints about the 360 warranty service.