PDA

View Full Version : 3dmark 2006 CPU test problems

cliveneo
04-04-07, 12:57 PM
I am having problems with the CPU test in 3Dmark 2006. The CPU test will load weird with lines in the load screen and complete only to lock up after the test completes. This mostly happens if I run the test and press ESC then try to run the test again. As soon as I try to run the test again the screen loads with the strange lines then the system locks up at the end. This only happens on the CPU tests NOT the GPU tests. I have my CPU overclocked to 2.8 however it still does it when I restore it to the stock speeds. any ideas???
Games like Stalker and Fear can run for hours w/no probs!! weird!!!

System Specs:

AMD Athlon FX 60 @ 2.8 200x14 Stock Volt
Asus A8N32 SLi x16 with 1305 Bois
MSI 8800GTS x2 in SLi
Kingston Hyper X PC3200 DDR
Hitiachi 250 gig SATA 150
Maxtor 80 gig SATA 150
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard
Razor Cooper Head Mouse
Sceptre 20.1 Widescreen LCD @ 1680x1050 XHD
Logitech X530 Speakers

3Dmark Score 10658 (when it completes)

cliveneo
04-04-07, 01:12 PM
Update!!!

Why can't I run nTune with out it crashing and locking up. I can't run nv monitor of anything else that pertains to ntune. WTF

Wolfhound
04-04-07, 02:42 PM
Do prime95 or Orthos beta test at least for 8 hours and see if it is stable

cliveneo
04-04-07, 05:14 PM
Ok I got nTune to work by uninstalling and reinstalling it. I will try P95 and see what it says. thx

cliveneo
04-04-07, 08:07 PM
Ran each cpu for 2 hrs so far no errors or warning on p95. tried a windows repair (maybe the switch from the evga sli x16 mobo to the asus a8n32 sli x16 messed something up) and still 3dmark 06 and 05 produce the samething on occasion in the CPU tests. the screen starts faded and thats how u know it will crash. like I said it will only happen if u run the test than escape it half way through. The test however WILL complete but when it tries to load the next test it locks. I dont understand!! I have not heard of anyone having similar problems and hundreds of people has the same setup.

cliveneo
04-05-07, 05:42 PM
Here is an update!!!

I removed one 1 gig stick of memory and WALA it works.. I spoke to a Kingston rep for a half an hour and he said that it could be a mixture of things. I even tried the memory in slots 2 and 4 IT still crashes!! Only when I have one stick of memory in the machine does it work. Looks like I am going to have to send the mem back to new egg and buy geil or ocz. First experience with Kingston is a bad one. Sry for the post I thought my gpu's might have been the culprit. Well that was four days a stress for nothing!!