PDA

View Full Version : Zelda questions

Hex
04-04-07, 06:23 PM
I am going to hell

Anyway...
I picked up Twilight Princess for Wii, havent plugged it in yet.
Confession time...I have not played Link to the Past (or if I did not for long) and I have not played Ocarina of Time.
I plan on grabbing them from the VC though.

A) Is their any reason to play them first?
B) If I do decide to get them does anyone know how big they are? (so I will know if I have to wait until I grab a mem card or not)
C) which is the most comfortable controller to pick up, a GC controller or the Wii Classic?

|MaguS|
04-04-07, 06:39 PM
GC for VC since it will work with both titles just fine. Neither are needed to play first since the stories have no relation. I would play OOT though since its the hardest of the three...

kevJ420
04-04-07, 06:49 PM
GC for VC since it will work with both titles just fine. Neither are needed to play first since the stories have no relation. I would play OOT though since its the hardest of the three...

I've always thought a link to the past was hardest, but I guess I'm the only one, but I do remember Miyamoto saying that he tried to make OOT easy to beat.

I've always thought it was weird how none of the zelda's can be connected. The only theory I can make about continuity is that the OOT took place before all of them, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

I always thought the OOT's ending was so dwangy damn sad.

|MaguS|
04-04-07, 06:55 PM
None of the Zeldas have any relation... this has been stated MANY MANY times. The closest thing you can say is that every link is taken place in another time period.

Link to the Past is too easy, the dungeons puzzles are not nearly as difficult as Ocarina of Times.

Lyme
04-04-07, 07:05 PM
Get the nintendo wavebird (wireless n64 controller), it is worth it. I've been playing Zelda on the Wii for a while now off and on, the game is fun and looks good but I prefer the cell shaded graphics of Windwaker.

buffbiff21
04-04-07, 07:11 PM
[I][SIZE="1"]I have not played Link to the Past (or if I did not for long) and I have not played Ocarina of Time.
:afraid: Man, you are going to hell.

Not really, but you still MUST play them! :captnkill: They are THE two best Legend of Zelda games.

B) If I do decide to get them does anyone know how big they are? (so I will know if I have to wait until I grab a mem card or not)
Judging by the ROM files that I have, I think LotP was about 5 MB and Ocarina was something like20mb.
C) which is the most comfortable controller to pick up, a GC controller or the Wii Classic?[/QUOTE]

Gamecube controller is very comfy, but in all honesty you should go get a copy of the game and buy an SNES and N64 to get the real feel of the game. :)

Zelda_fan
04-05-07, 12:56 AM
None of the Zeldas have any relation... this has been stated MANY MANY times. The closest thing you can say is that every link is taken place in another time period.

Not true. Eiji Aonuma confirmed the timeline theory to be true during an interview.

Zelda_fan
04-05-07, 12:58 AM
I am going to hell

Anyway...
I picked up Twilight Princess for Wii, havent plugged it in yet.
Confession time...I have not played Link to the Past (or if I did not for long) and I have not played Ocarina of Time.

C) which is the most comfortable controller to pick up, a GC controller or the Wii Classic?

You don't need to play them to understand Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess stands on it's own very well. But I strongly recommend you download them on VC, as they are two of the best game of all time.

The Wii Classic or gamecube controller should work just fine. I envy you in a way. You are about to experience the Legend of Zelda awsomeness back to back to back for the first time.

Zelda_fan
04-05-07, 12:59 AM
Not really, but you still MUST play them! :captnkill: They are THE two best Legend of Zelda games.

I don't know... I'm on the verge of declaring Twilight Princess the greatest Zelda game of all time.

buffbiff21
04-05-07, 04:40 AM
I stand corrected:

Link to the past: 1 mb.
Ocarina of time: 32 mb.

I don't know... I'm on the verge of declaring Twilight Princess the greatest Zelda game of all time.
Nope. sorry. way too easy. ;)
Plus I dont like how when you are human Link, when you want to run full speed he kind of hops before he runs.

i.e.
youre standing still as human Link.
you throttle the joystick full blast, and he takes a small step before he runs. this just bugs the ***** out of me.

of course this is a personal annoyance of mine and TP was still good.

Zelda_fan
04-05-07, 12:23 PM
Nope. sorry. way too easy. ;)
Plus I dont like how when you are human Link, when you want to run full speed he kind of hops before he runs.

I'm not sure if Twilight Princess was easy, or that I'm just so damn good at the game.

At any rate, if you want the "hardest" zelda game, by FAR the hardest in the series is Zelda II Adventure of Link.

And BTW I wouldn't say that the cave of ordeals is a complete cakewalk (especially the second time through as it adds more enemies).

slick
04-05-07, 02:56 PM
Link to the Past will always stand as the greatest Zelda adventure in my heart.

Whether or not the LoZ games take place in a time line has long been debated, but there is absolutely zero concurrence between games. No Zelda game is tied to another's story line, though they all take place in the same familiar universe.

buffbiff21
04-05-07, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure if Twilight Princess was easy, or that I'm just so damn good at the game.

At any rate, if you want the "hardest" zelda game, by FAR the hardest in the series is Zelda II Adventure of Link.
Yeah I couldnt really tell if it was easy either. I am GOD of Ocarina, so that carried over to MM (which I thought was semi difficult - just way too short) and WW (which was way too easy, and way too short)

:Adventure of Link sucked ass:

I like LOZ games for their puzzles. The dungeons keep me coming back. When they are too easy, I dont feel like im getting a brain massage that I like to get. TP is lightly disappointing to me in this respect.
And Ocarina of Time will always stand as my favorite Zelda game of all time...if not my FAVORITE game period.

I enjoyed the thrill of playing as young Link, and then growing up and becoming a total badass.
Yeah same here ^. But all those memories as a kid playing through Link to the Past, I just cant declare any winner. :o

Madpistol
04-05-07, 06:10 PM
Ocarina of time was so freakin epic! I mean, I've tired about 6 zelda games since then, and there has only been one that even comes close to Ocarina of Time; Twilight Princess. Honestly, the 2 are neck and neck, but Ocarina of Time was such a well made game, and seeing link in a 3d environment for the first time was breathtaking. Yes, Twilight Princess looks far superior, but the feel of the controls for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess just seems "easy" and pre-planned, where as Ocarina of Time felt more like you had absolute control over Link's every move. That's why I think Ocarina of Time was better.

In terms of temples though, I actually like Twilight Princess better. The temples are just a little more innovative. I do have to gripe though that it seems like nintendo is starting to reuse some of its temple ideas.

kevJ420
04-05-07, 06:17 PM
Did Zelda Twilight Princess change (other than to the wii) during development? The first trailer was a few years ago and they looked way better than what was released.

I wish they hadn't changed what became Majora's Mask. Same for the Phantom Hourglass.

One other question, does the gamecube version have just as good of graphics as the wii version does? I'm trying to gather up opinions or facts on this.

ralinn
04-05-07, 07:35 PM
Wind Waker was set after Majora's Mask wasn't it? I seem to remember in Wind Waker there was a little story of the people of Hyrule waiting for the 'Hero of time (?)' to return, but he never did. Then Hyrule was pretty much drowned. I may have to play Wind Waker again but I'm sure it went something like that.