PDA

View Full Version : At what price would you buy a PS3?

Namrok
04-05-07, 10:55 AM
More and more I'm in doubt that I'll ever buy a PS3. At first I figured I'd pick one up when MGS4 comes out. But its slowly been sinking in that the price may just never be right for me. I know it comes with a bluray player, and folding@home, and all these other bells and whistles, but what it comes down to is this.

When I was looking for a place to move to, some guy offered to rent me his condo is I paid $4000 up front for his furniture. Now his furniture was definitely worth it. It even included a plasma TV mounted on the wall. But in the end I had to ask myself, did I really want $4000 furniture in the first place?

So now I've been asking myself, well I ever really want a $600 console in the first place? What about you?

Redeemed
04-05-07, 10:57 AM
I'd take it for free... and not a penny more. ;)

I'm a PC gamer, consoles just aren't full-filling enough for me. Though I do play my girly's PS2 and friends 360 every once in a while.

nekrosoft13
04-05-07, 10:58 AM
maybe if it was $50 i would, but probably not, its still would be to ugly to have it anywhere near my entertaiment center. Even PS2 looks better then PS3.

so if you factor in the ugly aspect, sony would probably have to pay me a monthly fee so i would advertise it for them

Redeemed
04-05-07, 11:00 AM
maybe if it was $50 i would, but probably not, its still would be to ugly to have it anywhere near my entertaiment center. Even PS2 looks better then PS3.

so if you factor in the ugly aspect, sony would probably have to pay me a monthly fee so i would advertise it for them

:lol:

That is actually a good idea... :p

Stoneyguy
04-05-07, 11:01 AM
I voted for 300 bucks, but really it would be more around 250.

sytaylor
04-05-07, 11:17 AM
I said $400 but thats 200, bearing in mind the premium 360 is 280 here. It also hinges on exclusive AAA titles other than Gran Turismo.

GamerGuyX
04-05-07, 11:18 AM
$600 - because that's what I paid for mine. Would do it again if I had to.

Mr. Hunt
04-05-07, 11:23 AM
More and more I'm in doubt that I'll ever buy a PS3. At first I figured I'd pick one up when MGS4 comes out. But its slowly been sinking in that the price may just never be right for me. I know it comes with a bluray player, and folding@home, and all these other bells and whistles, but what it comes down to is this.

When I was looking for a place to move to, some guy offered to rent me his condo is I paid $4000 up front for his furniture. Now his furniture was definitely worth it. It even included a plasma TV mounted on the wall. But in the end I had to ask myself, did I really want $4000 furniture in the first place?

So now I've been asking myself, well I ever really want a $600 console in the first place? What about you?

That guy should have paid YOU four grand to take a plasma... yuck.

Medion
04-05-07, 11:26 AM
It's not that I have anything against the PS3, it's just that for the longest time, my limit on a console was $200. I got my Genesis for $120 (with a pack in game). I got my Saturn for $150 (with 3 pack in games). I got my PS1 for $150, my Dreamcast for $200, my PS2 for $150, and my GameCube for $100. My XBox cost me $300, but it was returned since Halo was the only game at the time I liked. I paid $250 for a PSP, but I was deployed and needed SOMETHING in Iraq to keep me entertained.

I could see me dropping $300 on a PS3 or X360, just not anytime soon and not for the price they want.

S.I.N
04-05-07, 11:29 AM
Oh another one of these threads. Hey guys when I buy a car I shouldn't be forced to have air conditioning or a stereo in it. There forcing me to buy these things.:rolleyes:

Peoples-Agent
04-05-07, 11:44 AM
I'd pay 300 tops for one, but then again they just reduced them to 399 already. LOL

Price cuts and it only launched days ago.. wtf!

tornadog
04-05-07, 11:47 AM
Heres what I paid for it; $440 for a 20 GB PS3 from Ebay + 2 games(resistance and Motorstorm) + Used Modded PS2(8MB memory card)

Now you tell me was it worth it????;)

On a side note, I am happy about the panic the online community generated, that is the only reason I could get this deal. I hear the same thing is happening with the HD-DVD player, I might pick one when they put it on clearance for $99...lol

evilchris
04-05-07, 12:48 PM
I'd say $399, in line with the X360 Premium. I refuse to pay extra for a forced movie format.

H3avyM3tal
04-05-07, 01:00 PM
I'd say $399, in line with the X360 Premium. I refuse to pay extra for a forced movie format.

So the ps3 sucks or not?

OT: I would pay 600$, since I get what I pay for.

Mr_LoL
04-05-07, 01:02 PM
Oh another one of these threads. Hey guys when I buy a car I shouldn't be forced to have air conditioning or a stereo in it. There forcing me to buy these things.:rolleyes:
Out of interest sin do you have a ps3?

Lyme
04-05-07, 01:21 PM
I would pay $300. I personally don't care about the cell, or the technical specs of the innards, it is simply about how much I would pay for the PS3 to fit a niche, and the only one left is Blue-Ray player.
The Wii is played by my wife and son.
The 360 is primarily used as a windows media extender and a dvd player.
The PC is primarily used for mmorpgs.

It isn't a question of: is the ps3 a good system or not, or are the games good or not. It is simply a question of: what role would it fill in my household and what would I pay for that.

Amuro
04-05-07, 09:59 PM
Price doesn't really matter. It's the games. If there's a game a really wanted, I would buy the console, which I did. And I'm just glad that we have the cheapest PS3s in the world. The 60GB model is only a little over US$480.

Mathesar
04-05-07, 11:23 PM
Next gen console + bluray support for $600 is not that bad if you think about it. I have no regrets ,although I was actually looking forward to bluray movie playback so the price seemed fair to me.

nrdstrm
04-05-07, 11:53 PM
I said $300...I just can't pay more than that for a console...I already spend enough on my PC...

kevJ420
04-06-07, 12:12 AM
Any amount if it had a game I wanted to play.

Saintster
04-06-07, 01:00 AM
If the ps3 had games I would pay 600.00 but it's bad enough that I don't even use my 360 because I have played every game I want to so far. As far as that goes I only play Stalker 9on my pc and really have been playing ps 2 games as of late,GOW 2 and both Dark Cloud games.

ViN86
04-06-07, 01:01 AM
anyways, i said same price as 360. when more games get released, it will be worth more. but atm, its not worth the $600 pricetag.

Toss3
04-06-07, 10:25 AM
You know bluray can be used for games also, don't ya? :rolleyes:

I bet you hated the DVD when it replaced the CD. I mean 5 cd-games would rock!

The capacity of a bluray disc might not be needed today, but in about two or three years it will come in handy. And I bet a lot more developers would utilize the extra storage room, if it weren't for the xbox360 only supporting DVD games. The dvd is a limiting factor as most developers want to have their games on both systems to maximize profits.

Namrok
04-06-07, 10:32 AM
The capacity of a bluray disc might not be needed today, but in about two or three years it will come in handy.

Then in 2 or 3 years we'll all get PS3's :p And hopefully by then the PS3 is less than $400. It's win/win!

ViN86
04-06-07, 11:04 AM
Then in 2 or 3 years we'll all get PS3's :p And hopefully by then the PS3 is less than $400. It's win/win!
:rofl

so true hahaha.