PDA

View Full Version : What would it take to make you buy a Wii?

Namrok
04-05-07, 01:50 PM
In light of the PS3 thread, I got a better idea. I figure I'll do one for the 360 too. What would it take to make you buy a Wii?

H3avyM3tal
04-05-07, 01:56 PM
Where is the 'not going to buy' option?

Im not going to buy one, cuz there are no games that interest me on it.

Namrok
04-05-07, 01:57 PM

All of the above minus the last one? :D I made it multiple selection for just that reason.

vampireuk
04-05-07, 02:16 PM
Where is the option that simply says you want one?

The poll seems more like a whiney list than a vote.

Namrok
04-05-07, 02:23 PM
Where is the option that simply says you want one?

The poll seems more like a whiney list than a vote.

Yeah, I forgot it wasn't like the PS3 or 360 which are readily available.

Just say you already have one I guess. I probably could have thought about it more.

PeterJensen
04-05-07, 02:27 PM
My 50" HDTV cryes every time i turn the damn thing on. I'm so close to selling it as i have little to no games.

npras42
04-05-07, 02:30 PM
What would it take for me to buy a Wii??? Hmmm... how about one actually being there on the shelf to buy! These things are rare!

Hex
04-05-07, 02:46 PM
Nights + nostalgia made me buy one.
I have a PS3 to satisfy other gaming cravings, Wii is my system to have fun with and it really is fun.
I think alot of people expect too much from it which makes them kind of blind to what it is and why it is a good system.
It does still have some major issues I hope are taken care of soon though.

Games ..seriously get some 3rd party love and stop with the ps2 , xbox, gamecube, and psp ports.

1080i is not too much to ask for also (though it could really make aliasing worse I would imagine)

Online..get the online dev kits to devs, get this going and friend codes suck.

But all and all I am glad I bought it and will be interested to see what the future brings.
People that expect the wii to go toe to toe with the ps3 and 360 at it's price are destined for doom and gloom.

evilchris
04-05-07, 02:47 PM
Need "be able to find one". That's what it would take for me to buy one.

Mr_LoL
04-05-07, 02:48 PM
Some games I am interested in. Like Mario Kart.

nekrosoft13
04-05-07, 02:49 PM
i want wii, just because it would be fun to mess around when people are over.

no hd output was lame on part of nintendo

i still can't find one anywhere, while PS3 is collecting dust in every local store around my house.

vampireuk
04-05-07, 03:08 PM
The 360 isn't just a couple of weeks old in the UK though. ;)

Zelda_fan
04-05-07, 03:15 PM

translation:

where's the "i'M H3avyM3tal & i'M a f4GG0t! teeehehehehehe!" option

H3avyM3tal
04-05-07, 05:15 PM
translation:

where's the "i'M H3avyM3tal & i'M a f4GG0t! teeehehehehehe!" option

LAMO! The little elf lover not getting any love from the green elf?
Say, who dresses like princess zelda? You or Linky? Or do you do them both?

Edit:

Seriously, that was a funny post Zelda_fan.

|MaguS|
04-05-07, 05:19 PM
I own one, just wish there were more none party games on the console... I don't have people over my place every day. I want some good SP games.

NaitoSan
04-05-07, 05:20 PM
i already have one and it's really fun, affordable console. i just love virutal console so much that i spent a bit too much money. lol

maybe in future update, nintendo might offer HD feature, at least 720p. it'd be great to see n64 games being upscaled to that res. (not sure if it'll be possible).

Madpistol
04-05-07, 06:04 PM
I'm waiting for super smash bros. brawl until I make any kind of decisions. Until then, my PC bests any console on the market, so I'm happy.

six_storm
04-05-07, 06:12 PM
Nintendo could've done better than just 480p. But with the price range, you do get a great machine. I'd like to get one for friends and family to play with me one day.

kevJ420
04-05-07, 06:22 PM
It's a tie between the 1st 2.

However, if I absolutely had to choose, I'd go with the 1st one, b/c HD output simply means HD output. That's kind of vague. They could simply just upconvert the ****ty looking **** to 1280x720p and that could be considered "HD output"

Subtestube
04-05-07, 07:05 PM
I'd just like there to be a nice game library before I buy. I'm only now seriously considering a 360, because it finally has a nice list of titles that already exist that I want [in addition to some awesome looking ones on the horizon]. Both the PS3 and Wii are not currently options for me, because there's only about one game I'd buy for each. To me, that's crazy - further on down the track if I get one, I can still get the game that I could get now, but there's a chance of a better deal on the initial console purchase, and many other games then too.

Just my opinion on the gig :).

GamerGuyX
04-05-07, 08:10 PM
The Wii is the one console that I have not gotten on launch (at least in the past decade) and still do not own. The reason is simply because it does not interest me. When I do eventually buy one it will most likely be due to the Virtual Console.

No high-def output, the lack of appealing games, low end tech specs of the console itself and the gimmicky controller (IMO) are the biggest reasons for my lack of interest.

kevJ420
04-05-07, 08:29 PM
The Wii is the one console that I have not gotten on launch (at least in the past decade) and still do not own. The reason is simply because it does not interest me. When I do eventually buy one it will most likely be due to the Virtual Console.

No high-def output, the lack of appealing games, low end tech specs of the console itself and the gimmicky controller (IMO) are the biggest reasons for my lack of interest.

You're a genius.

I wish everyone was like you.

GamerGuyX
04-05-07, 08:44 PM
You're a genius.

I wish everyone was like you.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/1337_GamerGuyX/givea7zn.gif

Amuro
04-05-07, 10:05 PM
Wii is so kiddy. I bought one for my son, and he's loving it.

Saintster
04-06-07, 01:03 AM
I would have become a friggin Stoner,crackhead. Phuck the wii it's for self righteous people like Zelda Fan!