PDA

View Full Version : I heard that a PCI-E PPU is coming out soon

kevJ420
04-06-07, 04:06 PM
I read on Guru3d that we're finally getting a PCI-E version of the Aegeia PPU, that's ****ing cool, b/c it will be required to get maximum enjoyment out of all of the new UT 2007-engine games.

I just wish an exact release date was specified.

jAkUp
04-06-07, 04:10 PM
Yup I am waiting for this too...

J-Mag
04-06-07, 04:40 PM
What's the first game based on the UT 07 engine thats coming out?

kevJ420
04-06-07, 05:02 PM
What's the first game based on the UT 07 engine thats coming out?

You got me, but I would assume that ut07 will be the first game released to use its engine.

Redeemed
04-06-07, 07:01 PM
You got me, but I would assume that ut07 will be the first game released to use its engine.

:retard:

newparad1gm
04-06-07, 07:26 PM
If by UT 07 engine you mean the Unreal 3 engine, then Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas already use it. UT3 is not the first game to use its engine.

J-Mag
04-06-07, 08:25 PM
If by UT 07 engine you mean the Unreal 3 engine, then Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas already use it.

That's it, I had a sneaking suspicion there were already a few out there... Only, they are irrelevant to the current situation because we are talking about ageia and PPUs.

Does Rainbow Six even use Ageia's Novadex Hardware Acceleration?

nekrosoft13
04-06-07, 08:41 PM
well rainbow six vegas has these two files

PhysXCore.dll
and
PhysXLoader.dll

so it should use it

nekrosoft13
04-06-07, 08:42 PM
Yup I am waiting for this too...

why? don't you have a PCI version already? that you never use?

J-Mag
04-06-07, 08:43 PM
well rainbow six vegas has these two files

PhysXCore.dll
and
PhysXLoader.dll

so it should use it

That doesn't mean anything (unless you know something about the files specifically and what they do). The API can be used independently from the actual hardware accelerator. I remember a couple games using the Ageia Novadex (it is novadex, isn't it?) that didn't support the PPU itself.

ViN86
04-06-07, 08:55 PM
I read on Guru3d that we're finally getting a PCI-E version of the Aegeia PPU, that's ****ing cool, b/c it will be required to get maximum enjoyment out of all of the new UT 2007-engine games.

I just wish an exact release date was specified.
i doubt it will be required for maximum enjoyment.

im sure ppl without em will have just as much fun....

or WILL THEY? :firedevil

If by UT 07 engine you mean the Unreal 3 engine, then Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas already use it. UT3 is not the first game to use its engine.
i wonder if all the GoW glitches will be there... jk :p

XDanger
04-14-07, 07:52 PM
Is that ati gpu as ppu thing ever happening?

Joe Public
04-14-07, 08:38 PM
Keeping a computer is costly these days. Need good CPUs, lots of RAM, great graphics cards and now a PPU, which aren't really that cheap either. It's becoming an expensive hobby in the end. Oh well, thank god for overtime. ;)

Vagabond
04-14-07, 08:55 PM
if the PPU is going to be used by the majority of games it maybe worth the extra money.
But now it just doesnt....

Bokishi
04-14-07, 10:24 PM
why? don't you have a PCI version already? that you never use?

I also have the PCI card, but I can't use it since I'm out of available slots :thumbdwn:

PCI-E version would fit however.

gmontem
04-15-07, 03:46 AM
So when's the F@H, Aegeia PPU-edition coming out? :D