PDA

View Full Version : One more for the Pc!

Pages : [1] 2 3

SwedX
04-07-07, 06:00 AM
Pc Looking strong and things can only get better from here :D
Edited my post as it could be taken offended by some ppl!

http://www.avault.com/index.php?p=119

"Where is it all going? What do you see happening in the next five years and beyond?

JR: Right now MMOs, mobile and PC episodic are really polarizing into the newest most important segments in gaming. Next-gen console is big but its future isn’t too bright with the emergence of cheap PC multi-core processors and the big change the PC industry will go through during the next 5 years to accommodate the new multi-core-centric hardware designs. My prediction is that the game console in the vein of the PS3 and XBOX 360 is going to either undergo a massive rethink or GO AWAY altogether. The Wii has the perfect design for a console that doesn’t pretend to be a PC and is geared more toward casual gamers than hardcore gamers. The hardcore gamers are going to either be playing on their PCs or a new PC-like platform that sits in the living room but still serves the whole house over wifi, even the video signal."

Okey its John Romero speaking but more and more devs and even one from MS divison says the same so clearly theres something to it :D

Redeemed
04-07-07, 07:56 AM
Dude, you have to be trolling. Why are you just trying to stir the pot? Are you deliberating wanting to start a flame-war?

Console gaming is not gonna' fade out, if anything console will just become more and more like PC's- maybe consoles will end up replacing media center PCs (or being an alternative to). But they aren't gonna' disappear.

Stop trolling.

SwedX
04-07-07, 09:03 AM
Okey I can see your point and it's only leading to trouble and that's not good so im sorry..its only that I love pc gaming with a passion and probably most who are here!

But you are right this only stirs up the pot and to what use!
PS! Edited my first post.

OWA
04-07-07, 09:21 AM
Avault is back online? I use to visit that site frequently to download demos but then they just seemed to stop updating. Actually, looks like it's quite a bit different now.

Redeemed
04-07-07, 09:25 AM
Okey I can see your point and it's only leading to trouble and that's not good so im sorry..its only that I love pc gaming with a passion and probably most who are here!

But you are right this only stirs up the pot and to what use!
PS! Edited my first post.

Thanks. I'm glad you understand. And don't worry, I prefer gaming on a PC myself- it is just not everybody feels that way and as such we should respect their preferences.

Thanks for understanding, and thanks for editing your post.

Good find btw. :D

six_storm
04-07-07, 09:38 AM
As long as their are poor people around, there will be consoles. Not everyone can afford a $2K PC . . .

K007
04-07-07, 11:23 AM
normally this kinda crap pops in console forums..

Haven't seen these types of threads in this section...in along time -.-..and i wish it stayed that way.

Xion X2
04-07-07, 11:25 AM
I think eventually high-end consoles like the 360 and PS3 will fade out and you'll just have kiddie consoles like the Wii around to give kids an alternate option to a PC. I mean, think about it. Ken Kutaragi sees it going in that direction by advertising the PS3 as a "supercomputer" left and right before its debut. The 360 has a ton of PC-like features. Both have talked about adding a mouse and keyboard option. Sony's debuted up the price charts closer to that of the cost of a PC. At times, it seems as if both are having a battle of identity crysis'.

There's really no need for both a high-end console and a PC. A PC can do so much more. DX10/Vista, when it gets going with Crysis, Alan Wake, etc.. is going to make a lot of jaws drop and turn some much-needed attention to PC-gaming.

Then people will see the light. ;)

The only thing I see standing in the way of this is the price of hardware still needs to come down a lot. Most kids out there aren't going to have 500$ to spend on a videocard to play games like Crysis with or 200-300$ on a good Core 2 Duo/AMD to run it with. Then again, most kids don't pay for their own consoles.. mom and dad do. And I'm sure mom and dad would find a PC a much more compelling purchase since it could also benefit them in other ways besides just holding a joypad in your hand all the time.

Peoples-Agent
04-07-07, 11:33 AM
I think eventually high-end consoles like the 360 and PS3 will fade out and you'll just have kiddie consoles like the Wii around to give kids an alternate option to a PC. I mean, think about it. Ken Kutaragi sees it going in that direction by advertising the PS3 as a "supercomputer" left and right before its debut. The 360 has a ton of PC-like features. Both have talked about adding a mouse and keyboard option. Sony's debuted up the price charts closer to that of the cost of a PC. At times, it seems as if both are having a battle of identity crysis'.

There's really no need for both a high-end console and a PC. A PC can do so much more. DX10/Vista, when it gets going with Crysis, Alan Wake, etc.. is going to make a lot of jaws drop and turn some much-needed attention to PC-gaming.

Then people will see the light. ;)

The only thing I see standing in the way of this is the price of hardware still needs to come down a lot. Most kids out there aren't going to have 500$ to spend on a videocard to play games like Crysis with or 200-300$ on a good Core 2 Duo/AMD to run it with. Then again, most kids don't pay for their own consoles.. mom and dad do. And I'm sure mom and dad would find a PC a much more compelling purchase since it could also benefit them in other ways besides just holding a joypad in your hand all the time.

You mention a couple of games that aren't even out yet.

What has happened on the PC platform over the past 12 months?

It's been a complete joke, and certainly not worth forking out hundreds of ús / $s for. No way!

Won't be worth bothering with until Vista gets fixed. It's a buggy mess right now.

K007
04-07-07, 11:36 AM

It's been a complete joke, and certainly not worth forking out hundreds of ús / $s for. No way!

Won't be worth bothering with until Vista gets fixed. It's a buggy mess right now.

Yes..i am sure those console games programmed them self..without the aid of a PC.

Peoples-Agent
04-07-07, 11:39 AM
Yes..i am sure those console games programmed them self..without the aid of a PC.

WTF are you on about? ..Idiot!

The game releases for the PC have generally been a joke. I can think of like 2 games that have been exclusive, and not buggy ports of console games.

Darth Rancid
04-07-07, 12:03 PM
PCs have all the fun games... a pity that in the "high-end" lifetime of a computer, one may be lucky if there's one game worth the time... int the usable gaming life of a PC there's often like 3-6 games worth the time.

Right now, Stalker is the game for me, and this computer I'm using now was timed to go with Stalker. So.. can a few games, (maybe even just one, Stalker, if the gaming season goes bad), be wirth the horrendous amounts of money that has gone into this computer?.....

Yep. :D

Zelda_fan
04-07-07, 12:28 PM
As long as their are poor people around, there will be consoles. Not everyone can afford a $2K PC . . .

Consoles are more expensive than PCs when you go all out. Not everyone can afford a HDTV and a high end 5.1 surround system.

NaitoSan
04-07-07, 12:49 PM
Consoles are more expensive than PCs when you go all out. Not everyone can afford a HDTV and a high end 5.1 surround system.Actually no. PC is more expensive if you want high end one. 5.1 surround system, large monitor that does 1080p, high end sound, video and maybe physics card. SLI setup, quad-core cpu with liquid cooler, etc. It all adds up and you have to take good care of it by cleaning inside the rig, etc.

SwedX
04-07-07, 12:51 PM
Thanks. I'm glad you understand. And don't worry, I prefer gaming on a PC myself- it is just not everybody feels that way and as such we should respect their preferences.

Thanks for understanding, and thanks for editing your post.

Good find btw. :D

No thank you for putting things in the right way, as you say it up to the individual to play on whatever systems suits you best..
and as I said I play consoles now and then but sold of my 360 for my upcoming rig and couldent be happier..
As Xion2 said and Romero is that consoles should be like wii..thats what the right way to go for them and I will sure buy a wii after my new comp, the perfect match as Nintendo is console and doesnt try to be a Pc!

For high end gaming its Pc and a quick fix Mario do that :)
But I better not to start threads like this I suppose, in this thread one allready speaks of the Console superioraty and calling other IDIOTS..yeah thats grown up and the same crap one dude calling me idiot and fanboy and fuc.. animals ..I shiver these guys seems really mature heh.

Xion X2
04-07-07, 01:33 PM

It's been a complete joke

*Sigh*

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Condemned: Criminal Origins, GRAW, Prey, Test Drive Unlimited, Fear: Extraction Point, Half Life 2 Episode I, Stalker, Dark Messiah, etc etc etc.

There have been plenty of good games come out for the PC in the past 12 months. Stop being such a freaking console fanboy.

Yeah, no sh*t. That's why I said "once it gets going." And it will. Anyone who thinks (and I'm not talking about you specifically here) that Vista will remain a buggy mess for long just enjoys playing the conspiracy theorist.

Zelda_fan
04-07-07, 01:46 PM
*Sigh*

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Condemned: Criminal Origins, GRAW, Prey, Test Drive Unlimited, Fear: Extraction Point, Half Life 2 Episode I, Stalker, Dark Messiah, etc etc etc.

There have been plenty of good games come out for the PC in the past 12 months. Stop being such a freaking console fanboy.

Yeah, no sh*t. That's why I said "once it gets going." And it will. Anyone who thinks (and I'm not talking about you specifically here) that Vista will remain a buggy mess for long just enjoys playing the conspiracy theorist.

I've played 90% of the games you just listed and I think they suck.

I would much rather prefer Kameo, GoW, Zelda, Mario, etc.

Zelda_fan
04-07-07, 01:48 PM
Actually no. PC is more expensive if you want high end one. 5.1 surround system, large monitor that does 1080p, high end sound, video and maybe physics card. SLI setup, quad-core cpu with liquid cooler, etc. It all adds up and you have to take good care of it by cleaning inside the rig, etc.

A high end 1080p plasma will cost you $7000. That right there blows away the cost of any PC.

A high end home theatre sound system will cost you upwards of $100,000.

I would love to know what PC approaches that kind of cost? And you are speaking to someone who has a liquid cooled Core2 setup with a 8800 series video card.

|MaguS|
04-07-07, 01:53 PM
I think people who limit themselves to one system are a joke. If you consider yourself a gamer then you should gow here the games you want to play are. Neither Console nor PC Gaming is ever going to disappear, there is just too much money to be made on either side of the field to keep both going, BUT I can see Console gaming growing far quicker then that of PC Games due to just the larger profits from the console industry.

Saintster
04-07-07, 02:01 PM
A high end 1080p plasma will cost you $7000. That right there blows away the cost of any PC.

I would love to know what PC approaches that kind of cost? And you are speaking to someone who has a liquid cooled Core2 setup with a 8800 series video card.

Go back to the console forums you friggin fanboy freak. We all know that the wii and consoles are king in your world. Do you ever have anything that not condescending towards anyone that has an opinion that differs from your own? EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT YOU WORSHIP THE WII!!! DAMN you probably sacrifice xbox 360 and ps3 games and parts to satisfy the only good game maker...the console GOD!!! Geesh get a life. I will promise you this I will never respond to your crap again. Done STFU!!!

Zelda_fan
04-07-07, 02:05 PM
Go back to the console forums you friggin fanboy freak. We all know that the wii and consoles are king in your world. Do you ever have anything that not condescending towards anyone that has an opinion that differs from your own? EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT YOU WORSHIP THE WII!!! DAMN you probably sacrifice xbox 360 and ps3 games and parts to satisfy the only good game maker...the console GOD!!! Geesh get a life. I will promise you this I will never respond to your crap again. Done STFU!!!

wow, you sure showed me with that highly though out and intelligent response.

I'll just have to do like you said, and go back into the console forums where we practice Wii worship and sacrifice our PS3 games to satisfy the almighty console deity. Clearly, I am nothing more than a "friggen" fanboy freak who is not worthy to step into the hallowed grounds of the PC gaming forum.

Zelda_fan
04-07-07, 02:08 PM
Saintster:

dur hur, kUnSoLe'S r 4 l00s3rs wh0 wh0rship teh fAgBoY Wii. tEhEhEh! i'M uH pC gHEYMAR!

Zelda_fan
04-07-07, 02:18 PM
I think people who limit themselves to one system are a joke. If you consider yourself a gamer then you should gow here the games you want to play are. Neither Console nor PC Gaming is ever going to disappear, there is just too much money to be made on either side of the field to keep both going, BUT I can see Console gaming growing far quicker then that of PC Games due to just the larger profits from the console industry.

I don't think I've ever said that PC Gaming is going to shrivel up and die. I happen to enjoy one or two PC games which is why I have the system that I have.

But if someone is saying that PC gaming kills console gaming in every aspect and they only reason people buy consoles is because they can't afford a nice PC, then I'm going to have to digress.

NaitoSan
04-07-07, 02:20 PM

I would love to know what PC approaches that kind of cost? And you are speaking to someone who has a liquid cooled Core2 setup with a 8800 series video card.i still consider pc more expensive because of upgrading every year or so if you want to stay high end with new cpu, video or whatever coming in.

you don't "upgrade" your consoles (unless you want to mod it or something) and they're good for around 5 years. you probably spent more on pc than a wii. :p

Zelda_fan
04-07-07, 02:24 PM
i still consider pc more expensive because of upgrading every year or so if you want to stay high end with new cpu, video or whatever coming in.

you don't "upgrade" your consoles (unless you want to mod it or something) and they're good for around 5 years. you probably spent more on pc than a wii. :p

That's true, but you *do* upgrade your home theatre equipment once in a while, and that certainly isn't cheap.

TBH, that's one of the things I like about consoles more. I don't have to worry or mess around with upgrading stuff all the time. I can just buy it, relax, and enjoy the games.

Of course if you enjoy keeping up with computer technology and having the latest video cards and CPUs, then PC gaming might be better suited for you. All I'm saying is don't pretend that you are into PC gaming because it has better games.