PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2 all grey

oneils
04-07-07, 04:09 PM
Hi guys, I just built a new computer with Windows Vista. I've installed a few games (oblivion, css, and titan quest).

I just installed Call of Duty 2 and updated it with the most recent patch. When I start the game, the main menu is fine. But after I load a mission, everything is grey. I can hear everything fine and see my objectives on the screen, but everything is grey.

My components are:

Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
e6300
Asus P5B-E
2 gb Patriot DDR-667 Ram
BFG OC2 8800GTS
2x Pioneer 212d DVD Writers (SATA)
2x 320gb Samsung Barracuda HDs (SATA II)

On a hunch, I installed the most recent version of Direct X 9.0c, but it changed nothing.

I haven't set any settings in the nvida control panel for this game.

Any ideas what's wrong?

edit - just realised that when i run the game, windows pops up a "known compabitibility issue" window. It says that I should make sure I have the most recent version of macromedia flash installed (and I do). Anyone else get this pop-up?

grey_1
04-07-07, 04:18 PM
I think that was either a problem with AA or AF. Pretty sure it was AA, try disabling that.

oneils
04-07-07, 04:21 PM
I think that was either a problem with AA or AF. Pretty sure it was AA, try disabling that.

Cool thanks, and weird coincidence - your name is "grey_1."

I'll try it out.

oneils
04-07-07, 04:23 PM
That was it grey_1. Thanks! :captnkill:

grey_1
04-07-07, 04:23 PM
Cool thanks, and weird coincidence - your name is "grey_1."

I'll try it out.
I was going to post "Not ME" ! :p

Bman212121
04-07-07, 09:07 PM
I'm pretty sure if you force AA in the CP it will still work and won't have grey on the screen.

oneils
04-08-07, 02:17 AM
I'm pretty sure if you force AA in the CP it will still work and won't have grey on the screen.

Thanks Bman. I'll try it out. I installed it on the new rig just to see what it looked like. I forgot how great the game is. I ended up playing it all the way through. The action is so intense I never noticed the lack of AA.

grey_1
04-08-07, 06:39 AM
I couldn't believe how crazy intense that game is. I just might have to fire it back up again.