PDA

View Full Version : Super Paper Mario

Pages : [1] 2

zoomy942
04-09-07, 09:16 AM
So, Super Paper Mario comes out tomorrow. Is anyone as excited as I am? This is probably in my top 5 of games I am looking forward too.

Good times:).

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933012.asp

Namrok
04-09-07, 09:44 AM
I'd probably get this game if I haven't been trying to curb my gaming purchases. Sadly, I just purchased Guitar Hero 2 after I promised myself I'd wait, and I got God of War 2 not long before.

No new games for me for a while :(

tornadog
04-09-07, 10:53 AM
reviews are looking good. Zoomy I will wait for you to try it out and let me if its more of a platformer or an rpg. If its the former, count me in....

zoomy942
04-09-07, 02:07 PM
imsnagging in on my way back home from salt lake:) tomorrow night will be paper mario night:)

ill keep you informed

Zelda_fan
04-09-07, 10:01 PM
reviews are looking good. Zoomy I will wait for you to try it out and let me if its more of a platformer or an rpg. If its the former, count me in....

From what I've heard and seen it is like a fusion between both genres. It plays like a platformer (with a lot of new elements), but it has an RPG twist to it like you can level up, gain new abilities, you have an inventory, can switch between characters, buy things, etc.

tornadog
04-10-07, 01:10 PM
that and the lengthy dialogue trees...

Parts
04-10-07, 02:07 PM
the last Paper Mario game for Gamecube had a ton of text too though.

zoomy942
04-10-07, 02:10 PM
i wont mind alot of text as long as the gameplay lasts longer than the text scrolling. Grandia 2 had ALOT of text, but you spent even more time playing the game

Zelda_fan
04-10-07, 04:29 PM
God forbid an RPG has text. Oblivion should be docked 4 points due to how much text there is.

tornadog
04-10-07, 04:29 PM
just watched a 30 minute gameplay video from the first chapter at gamespot. And it does seem like the old one, tons of scrolling text. Oh well, guess I will just rent it whenever it becomes available at Blockbuster.

christos
04-11-07, 08:03 AM
Picked up this game yesterday. Once you get past the initial dialogue which sets up the story (there is quite a bit of dialog here), the game is like 95% action platforming. I'm loving it so far.

tornadog
04-11-07, 09:59 AM
wowee thats good to know...rethinking now, maybe this weekend!!!

PaiN
04-11-07, 10:57 AM
..someone needs too make "Mario" into a FPSer for PC :clever:

zoomy942
04-11-07, 12:04 PM
i played it for about 2 minutes last night before bed. once i got through all the stupid dialoges at the beggining, i REALLY liked it. it was extremely fun and i cant wait to get home and play it some more!

christos
04-11-07, 12:51 PM
I played for 2.5 hours last night, got up to world 2-1. I really took my time and tried to find as many hidden things as I could. I'm loving this game and definitely see myself playing this straight through to the end before resuming Zelda:TP. Between this and Stalker for the pc, I'm set for at least the next couple of weeks.

zoomy942
04-11-07, 01:03 PM
then you can answer this for me.. is it like mario 3 and mario world where i can go back and play previous levels?

christos
04-11-07, 01:06 PM
Yes, once you completely finish a world, you can choose at anytime to go back to a section of that world (ex: I can now re-play 1-1, 1-2, 1,-3, or 1-4 since I'm up to 2-1 and look for things I missed) .

zoomy942
04-11-07, 01:10 PM
fantastic news:) now i am REALLY excited to play more

Zelda_fan
04-11-07, 10:18 PM
..someone needs too make "Mario" into a FPSer for PC :clever:

That would actually be pretty sweet. As weapons you could shoot fireballs, throw hammers, etc.

zoomy942
04-12-07, 09:19 AM
i played it for a little over an hour last night.

i love it!

its mostly platforming, but that switching to 3d adds a completely new element to the game. i love being able to wiggle around enemies, and choose my own path to something. its a blast.

100% recommend it.

Mathesar
04-12-07, 09:37 AM
Ive never played previous paper mario's but bought wii's version last night , im up to level 1-4 and must say this game defiantely rocks, Lots of fun.

zoomy942
04-12-07, 09:45 AM
Ive never played previous paper mario's but bought wii's version last night , im up to level 1-4 and must say this game defiantely rocks, Lots of fun.

i agree. its a blast. good ol' mario fun. i had a blast playing it.

mathesar... is that a name from a certain movie? galaxy quest?

SwedX
04-12-07, 10:07 AM
The more I see of this game the more I want it, will be perfect to relax in the couch from my Pc time to time :D

nemecb
04-12-07, 10:09 AM
That would actually be pretty sweet. As weapons you could shoot fireballs, throw hammers, etc.
Hmm, maybe we've discovered the reason for MP3's delay?:)

That would be sweet though. Maybe something like Super Smash Brothers but an FPS.

And I have to say I'm not feeling the Nintendo drought much. There's too many games out right now that I want to play. This game sounds sweet, I'd like to try Godfather, I want to at least rent Medal of Honor, I have to pick up Tiger Woods at some point, and I still haven't finished any of the games that I currently own.

zoomy942
04-12-07, 10:16 AM
Hmm, maybe we've discovered the reason for MP3's delay?:)

That would be sweet though. Maybe something like Super Smash Brothers but an FPS.

And I have to say I'm not feeling the Nintendo drought much. There's too many games out right now that I want to play. This game sounds sweet, I'd like to try Godfather, I want to at least rent Medal of Honor, I have to pick up Tiger Woods at some point, and I still haven't finished any of the games that I currently own.

i agree. i love the games i have (check sig) and i havent finished any of them besides COD3. Tiger woods is a blast. i love that game, and there are games coming out all the time that i want to try. i'm loving it.