PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Source Engine (HL2) Server lists

Yaboze
04-09-07, 12:44 PM
I have HL2, CSS, HL2 DM, some mods, the whole deal installed and lately my server list is all scrunched up and to the right. I have to fix it every time I run each individual game, it's getting annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? It started after I had to delete some file in the HL2 folder that was preventing it from launching.

I am running Vista.

stncttr908
04-09-07, 03:38 PM
I have the same problem, and no idea how to fix it. It's annoying, but I'll live.

nV`andrew
04-09-07, 04:52 PM
i have the same thing

RAY16
04-09-07, 05:14 PM
This problem has been around for a long time and Valve doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry to fix it. It think they have an entry about it in their support database, but it's not very helpful. You'll have have to deal with it until they finally decide to fix it.

rflair
04-09-07, 05:44 PM
This happens when graphics resolution is changed.

Lets say you just installed steam based game, it starts at defualt resolution, if you get a server list at this resoultion and then exit the game, steam remembers your tab positions and their pixel width.

Now you restart said game and change resolution, the settings from the above are used, since its using the same pixel width the menu's now look screwed up.

Problem has been around for a good long time, maybe going back to defualt resolution and making the tabs wider and then switching to your desired resolution will fix it.

Bearclaw
04-09-07, 05:49 PM
Mine has always been like that. I gave up on trying to fix it and I don't even play any games anymore that require steam so screw it.