PDA

View Full Version : STALKER MP

DiscipleDOC
04-09-07, 02:00 PM
Have anyone played this over the internet yet? If so, how good is the mp?

Does anyone here want to setup a server for the nvnews crowd to get on? :D

XxDeadlyxX
04-09-07, 08:19 PM
It's good, its DM/TDM is like CSDM... buy what u want and frag away.

Artifact Hunt is like CTF... but more interesting, having the artifact spawn randomly is pretty neat, its often quite hectic getting it back to base without dying. After a while though you can predict where they will probably be, so you instantly head off at start of a round and often find them just as they spawn :D

Game doesn't handle lag very well at all, any 100+ pingers start warping, and playing with 100+ ping means there is a delay in shooting. When pings are 80 or under though its ok.

Luckily Australia has a dedicated server up for Artifact Hunt, so thats better than nothing :cool:

CaptNKILL
04-09-07, 08:19 PM
I haven't had a chance to play MP since the beta. I liked it but firing guns was effected by lag, which makes it ridiculously hard to aim. Just about any game I've played online in the past 7 years has had some way around this, so its a bit hard to get used to. They may have fixed it in the full version or a patch though.

nutcrackr
04-09-07, 08:35 PM
My opinions after playing it are that
1)Movement speed/run speed is too fast for the maps
2)bullet damage is too much to get decent firefights going

So essentially what could have been a very cool CS type game turns into a bit of s spam fest where you see idiots run over the maps and spam a few shots to kill people. Not to mention if you reduce run speed lag would be much less noticeable.