PDA

View Full Version : 360 Games Drought!

Pages : [1] 2

Peoples-Agent
04-10-07, 06:13 AM
Has anyone else noticed, been a serious games drought for the 360 lately?

Feels like forever since a decent game came out, and seeing as I don't classify Guitar Hero 2 as a game and refuse to play it anymore.... it's getting seriously boring.

Badboy_12345
04-10-07, 06:21 AM
WHAT!?!?!

then you havent checked the release list

I think its too many games... maybe beacuse I have a job and other things in life to do :p

Monster Madness - Battle For Suburbia [2007-04-27]
Two Worlds [2007-05-09]
The Darkness [2007-05-18]
Mass Effect [2007-05-25]
Forza Motorsport 2 [2007-05-25]

these are the european release dates

Peoples-Agent
04-10-07, 06:40 AM
End of May, and The Darkness has been pushed back, Mass Effect may also be getting pushed back.

Two Worlds also looks set for a June release.

Last big title was early March, and through to the end of May ....that's a pretty steep wait for a "next-gen" console.

nekrosoft13
04-10-07, 06:55 AM
if that Two Worlds you are talking about is from Reality Pump, then yeah thats delayed.

Badboy_12345
04-10-07, 07:56 AM
End of May, and The Darkness has been pushed back, Mass Effect may also be getting pushed back.

Two Worlds also looks set for a June release.

Last big title was early March, and through to the end of May ....that's a pretty steep wait for a "next-gen" console.

well if thats true then I can agree with you it sucks :p
but there isnt much else on the wii, ps3 or pc... so its not just the x360

ViN86
04-10-07, 08:37 AM
i agree, to an extent.

yes, there is a drought now, but come June and then into December, you wont be able to keep up with the game releases (check my sig for the next three im getting :D)

ENU291
04-10-07, 08:45 AM
There has been somewhat of a slow down in games but didn't GRAW2 get released like a month back? and if you're an Oblivion fan the Shivering Isles expansion was released about a week or two ago. There is usually a drought of new titles around spring time but some highly anticipated games should be arriving in about a months time.

thor1182
04-10-07, 08:52 AM
there was C&C 3 for PC.

MustangSVT
04-10-07, 08:53 AM
I'm waiting for Forza 2 patiently. Once that comes out, I will be busy for about a year. :D

NaitoSan
04-10-07, 08:54 AM
i'm glad there's not much games i want to buy in upcoming months or previous because im really broken. lol

it's bad enough to keep up with pc, x360, wii and ps3. :S oh yeah blu-ray movies and other expenses. i'm a college student, dammit.

|MaguS|
04-10-07, 09:15 AM
Im so hope it lasts awhile, I have soo many games to play its not even funny.

Badboy_12345
04-10-07, 09:21 AM

same here :p
I have games that I havent even touched spread out on the floor...

LurkerLito
04-10-07, 09:25 AM

Thats the reason I stopped buying games immediately at release. I wait, it goes on sale, I get it cheaper, and I can actually play it ;). I think God Of War 2 was the last game I bought on release day.

|MaguS|
04-10-07, 09:28 AM
Thats the reason I stopped buying games immediately at release. I wait, it goes on sale, I get it cheaper, and I can actually play it ;). I think God Of War 2 was the last game I bought on release day.

I have 90+ PS2 titles and have only completed probably 10 of them... if that...

Think I got ADD...

Mr. Hunt
04-10-07, 09:31 AM
Getting that time of year for every system to go through a drought of some sort.

Amuro
04-10-07, 10:11 AM
I got a huge backlog of games to play on my PC and a few on the PS3, so I am going to try to hold off getting any new **** till I finish all the old ****s. But ETQW is coming in less than two months, so... I don't know.

Lyme
04-10-07, 02:30 PM
Worms is out on xbl.
New maps are out for halo2
Settlers of Catan should be coming soon.

NaitoSan
04-10-07, 02:35 PM
Glad I'm not alone. :) Too many games that needs to be played or finished.

npras42
04-10-07, 06:25 PM
Just completed FFXII yesterday so I've been glad of the break while I finished up with that... Tell ya what though its not the actual games I miss but rather the news and info on upcoming games. Apart from names of new games being announced and a few SS, I see little other hands-on info of new top-quality games.

Also, most new games look like they are going to be FPS or 3rd person adventure/shooters. Really want to see some new platformers, RPGs, ... Don't get me wrong I like those games, but seems to me that MS is really trying to sell to that US audience that really goes for this stuff, and forgetting everyone else. I still think my PS2 is well beyond XBOX or X360 for variety of gaming, even for new releases late in its life.

kevJ420
04-10-07, 06:35 PM
Yeah I know. I haven't played mine since last june.

It would've been May had my 6800gt not ****ed up.

It just sits there. It's just been completely ****ing silent.

evilchris
04-10-07, 06:39 PM
I dloaded the demo for Armored Core. Piece of **** game. Japanese game just tend to suck.

Peoples-Agent
04-10-07, 06:49 PM
I dloaded the demo for Armored Core. Piece of **** game. Japanese game just tend to suck.

Not even any bikini clad hentai to oogle at? LOL

I got so desperate with the games drought, I went and installed Vista.... nicely suprised so far mind.

OWA
04-10-07, 07:26 PM
Same here. I need time to catch up. I don't know how people keep up with gaming on 2 or 3 consoles and possibly a PC. It's a little overwhelming.

Amuro
04-11-07, 01:38 AM
I really like AC4 = (
Me too. I like the whole series.

Most Japanese gamers think the opposite. They just can't stand the gameplay and art styles of most American games. A matter of differences in taste rather than superiority of taste, I guess.

PaiN
04-11-07, 05:37 AM
Since I got off the WoW tit ..I was all over the place, playing(and wasting money on) a ton of games and enjoying not much of it :( ....I decided it was time to get focused and play\finish one at a time. On 360 I'm completeing CoD3 then GoW (yes I know ..just started playing 360 ) on PC its all Oblivion I'm questing in the ton of new content from KotN and SI....I'll be busy forever ;)
The only game I plan to buy between now and fall is Forza2