PDA

View Full Version : What do you think nintendo has done wrong this gen?

kevJ420
04-10-07, 07:16 PM
I wanted people's opinions on what Nintendo has done wrong this generation so far (if anything), b/c Sony gets most of the blame and I don't think it's fair that they do.

Also, I wanted to ask was, what would it take for you to prefer a PS3 over a wii? [This question is obviously not to the 10% of members here (including myself) who do prefer the PS3 as how everything is in the present]]

I just wanted to give my opinions on why I prefer the PS3:

The PS3 is a better deal and Nintendo's asking too much for the Wii.

The PS3 has better graphics and audio.

I think Sony will listen to the gamers more than Nintendo will. (Think the 1080i update, the free content, and the ultra reliable BD-ROM Drives, they learned from their previous 2 consoles being unreliable.)

I know Sony will be more respectful of their 3rd parties.

The PS3 has a traditional controller.

DVD's aren't enough storage for games to be as enjoyable as they could possibly be.

The PS3 uses a hard disk drive to help with loading

The virtual console sucks b/c the games are too damn dark (SM64 looks much better on its native N64), and there's genesis games, but not their more enjoyable Sega CD counterparts. Plus they're asking too much for them.

Sabadin
04-10-07, 08:02 PM
.............................................____, ,,---~`\,..............................................
................................,,,_.,-~"* . . . . . . . . ."\,............................................
.............................,/` . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "\, .........................................
......................... ,/. . . . : : : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :\-,.......................................
....................... ./. . . .: . :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : ::: -, .....................................
......................,/ . . . : . :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : :: -, .................................
...................,-/ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : : : :: : : :::: :::: ::::::;................................
......... *""\'''~~~~-______________________,,,,,,,,,,,,----~""""""""`/""*.............
............ \,/\,/'\,,/"\,,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/"\,/"\,/"\,/"\.,-"-/..................
.............."~~-,,_____,,,,__________,,,,,,,,_____________,,,,---~".................
..........................\lllllllllllllllllllllll llll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
...........................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(Ż`*,`,...............................
.............................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
...............................\,-*`Ż,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
...............................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
............................./.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\................ .............
.............................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)Ż`~,. ...................
.............................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
...........................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........Ż```*~-,,,,
...........................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
............................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.... .....
................................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
..................................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

kev13dd
04-10-07, 08:43 PM
It sounds like everything he talks about he read somewhere online once, and although he didn't understand it initially when he read it, he now trys to reproduce it here...

K

kevJ420
04-10-07, 08:52 PM
It sounds like everything he talks about he read somewhere online once, and although he didn't understand it initially when he read it, he now trys to reproduce it here...

K

I make my own opinions based on facts from reliable resources.

I don't plagarise.

I understand the sources perfectly.

I'm wrong sometimes, I'll grant you that, but everything in that post was my opinion based on facts 100% correctly interpereted by myself.

MustangSVT
04-10-07, 09:06 PM
Nintendo has done nothing wrong. You're an idiot.

Sabadin
04-10-07, 09:07 PM
If you want to put it that way...

1.The PS3 is a better deal and Nintendo's asking too much for the Wii.

2.The PS3 has a traditional controller.

3.DVD's aren't enough storage for games to be as enjoyable as they could possibly be.

4.The PS3 uses a hard disk drive to help with loading

1. Your opinion only, I have no need nor care for BD hence the system is a horrible deal for me as it offers me nothing that the X360 I've owned for over a year doesn't.

2. So what?

3. Varies by game, Twilight Princess for example would not have been made better by being on BD, Gears of War also seemed do fine without as well no?

4. Only because the read speeds on its BD drive are horrid in comparison.

kevJ420
04-10-07, 11:06 PM
Well I stand corrected.

|MaguS|
04-10-07, 11:11 PM
4. Only because the read speeds on its BD drive are horrid in comparison.

Which really hasn't shown too big of a negative impact. Look at Oblivion, it loads faster on the PS3 then the X360 version does with the HD.

nicorulez
04-10-07, 11:43 PM
Nintendo has done nothing wrong. You're an idiot.

LOL...nothing wrong. They have released a rebadged GameCube with a funky controller. The controller does not accurately depict physics. It is an estimation of your movement only; fine control is not present. The graphics plain and simple suck on a HDTV. Yes, I know that the majority of people play in SDTV, but that will change. The Wii is equivalent to a really nice CD player this gen. The XB360 is the Denon of DVD players. The Sony has the BR player, but I am not sure if the games of today really take advantage of the extra storage capacity. Maybe in the future. For now, the PS3 and XB360 are a wash graphics wise, although I suspect the PS3 may have more under the hood ultimately. Wii....hurts the eyes I tell you.

Amuro
04-10-07, 11:51 PM
LOL...nothing wrong. They have released a rebadged GameCube with a funky controller. The controller does not accurately depict physics. It is an estimation of your movement only; fine control is not present. The graphics plain and simple suck on a HDTV. Yes, I know that the majority of people play in SDTV, but that will change. The Wii is equivalent to a really nice CD player this gen. The XB360 is the Denon of DVD players. The Sony has the BR player, but I am not sure if the games of today really take advantage of the extra storage capacity. Maybe in the future. For now, the PS3 and XB360 are a wash graphics wise, although I suspect the PS3 may have more under the hood ultimately. Wii....hurts the eyes I tell you.
I heard Resistance: Fall of Man is 14GB. And there's a X360 game coming out that requires 4 9GB DVD discs, not sure what it is, could be Halo 3.

buffbiff21
04-11-07, 12:02 AM
EDIT wow this turned out f*cked up

…………………………………………………. __ . __……………………
……………………………………………….../’`: : `\,---`.„…………………
………………………………………………../|,-‘`ŻŻ`\(o)_\,----,,,_………..
………………„~*ŻŻ`”\,………... _„_………( `\(o),,_/` Ż : o : : :o `-, …...
……………../ : · :(“,.~;*’ŻŻŻ”\, (_,-- ``”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\…..
………….....| : · :,/`,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘` ``)/· ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : \…
…………….| : · / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` · · ): : : : : : : : : : : |…
……………..) : µ’` .\ (c) `Ż . . ·`), . ,-~`.. \ : : :| · · '”\, : : : : : : : : : : :/…
……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `\: :\ · · · · `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘ ….
……………`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, · · · · · · Ż”~---,--`…….
…„„………__\, · ‘, · . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ · · · · · · · · „-“…………
.( :·`\,-~*`Ż · · ·`Ż` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `1` / : | · · · ,---~*”`……………
. \·:··:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`ŻŻŻŻ/ / · · · · · ‘\,) , / : :| · · · ·\………………….
…`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`` . ( · · · ,.__| | · · · ·, `\„„/ ,/`: : / · · · · ·| ………………..
…………………….\`”””` · · ·`’~;-,„,,_)”`_-‘ : : / · · · · · · | ………………..
……… (`*”-,„,-”ŻŻ”`-;„· · · · · · , /'``,-~”`Ż: : : :/ · · · · · · |.………………..
………. | : :(,;-===-„, `\,· · · ,-`| · ·/ : : : | :,/` · · · · · · ·| ………………..
……… . \ : :\, · · · · \ · `\. ·)· / · / : :\ : :`~,_ · · · · · ./ …………………
………… \,_`~.,_„,.-*\, `/,/„/` ,/ : : :`’;-.„_ : Ż-, · · · /,…………………..
…………..`\,,`”| : :`-,„_„))’`"` ·,/`_„,~*’` · · ( · , ,`)· ·,-; `’\,………………..
……………..`*-\ : : : `~----~*` / · · · · · · · · “”~”` ·/` ·( _ :)………………
…………. ,.Ĵ-,--\ : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“`…..’-„,-‘……………….
…………..| |: :*:\ : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,---~*`……………………………
…………./ / : : : `~-„„„„„,.;;`,,.--`………………………………………….
…………| | : : : :|Ż : ,/ Ż ………………………………………………….
………….\,\,_,„./---~`………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………

1337_Like_ThaT
04-11-07, 12:07 AM
^^ :p

ViN86
04-11-07, 12:40 AM
.............................................____, ,,---~`\,..............................................
................................,,,_.,-~"* . . . . . . . . ."\,............................................
.............................,/` . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "\, .........................................
......................... ,/. . . . : : : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :\-,.......................................
....................... ./. . . .: . :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : ::: -, .....................................
......................,/ . . . : . :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : :: -, .................................
...................,-/ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : : : :: : : :::: :::: ::::::;................................
......... *""\'''~~~~-______________________,,,,,,,,,,,,----~""""""""`/""*.............
............ \,/\,/'\,,/"\,,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/"\,/"\,/"\,/"\.,-"-/..................
.............."~~-,,_____,,,,__________,,,,,,,,_____________,,,,---~".................
..........................\lllllllllllllllllllllll llll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
...........................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(Ż`*,`,...............................
.............................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
...............................\,-*`Ż,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
...............................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
............................./.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\................ .............
.............................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)Ż`~,. ...................
.............................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
...........................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........Ż```*~-,,,,
...........................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
............................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.... .....
................................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
..................................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
HAHAHA. omg Sabadin, i dont know who you are, but let me be the first to welcome you!

ROFL that post was pure forum GOLD.

Badboy_12345
04-11-07, 09:34 AM
I heard Resistance: Fall of Man is 14GB. And there's a X360 game coming out that requires 4 9GB DVD discs, not sure what it is, could be Halo 3.

and still Fall of man plays and looks like crap compared to Gears of war who only needed one dvd....

Its an j-rpg named blue-dragon and I think it required 3 dvds... all j-rpgs require alot of space beacuse of the 30 hour movies that they have

nekrosoft13
04-11-07, 09:48 AM
only one thing, no hi-def support

Amuro
04-11-07, 09:51 AM
and still Fall of man plays and looks like crap compared to Gears of war who only needed one dvd....

Its an j-rpg named blue-dragon and I think it required 3 dvds... all j-rpgs require alot of space beacuse of the 30 hour movies that they have
You sure Fall of Man plays like crap? I don't have the game but it's got great reviews everywhere.

Marvel_us
04-11-07, 09:51 AM

Not to mention RFoM and GoW are two very different games.......Which one is almost twice as long as the other and has almost 5 times more characters on screen.

Capt. Picard
04-11-07, 09:56 AM
EDIT wow this turned out f*cked up

…………………………………………………. __ . __……………………
……………………………………………….../’`: : `\,---`.„…………………
………………………………………………../|,-‘`ŻŻ`\(o)_\,----,,,_………..
………………„~*ŻŻ`”\,………... _„_………( `\(o),,_/` Ż : o : : :o `-, …...
……………../ : · :(“,.~;*’ŻŻŻ”\, (_,-- ``”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\…..
………….....| : · :,/`,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘` ``)/· ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : \…
…………….| : · / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` · · ): : : : : : : : : : : |…
……………..) : µ’` .\ (c) `Ż . . ·`), . ,-~`.. \ : : :| · · '”\, : : : : : : : : : : :/…
……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `\: :\ · · · · `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘ ….
……………`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, · · · · · · Ż”~---,--`…….
…„„………__\, · ‘, · . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ · · · · · · · · „-“…………
.( :·`\,-~*`Ż · · ·`Ż` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `1` / : | · · · ,---~*”`……………
. \·:··:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`ŻŻŻŻ/ / · · · · · ‘\,) , / : :| · · · ·\………………….
…`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`` . ( · · · ,.__| | · · · ·, `\„„/ ,/`: : / · · · · ·| ………………..
…………………….\`”””` · · ·`’~;-,„,,_)”`_-‘ : : / · · · · · · | ………………..
……… (`*”-,„,-”ŻŻ”`-;„· · · · · · , /'``,-~”`Ż: : : :/ · · · · · · |.………………..
………. | : :(,;-===-„, `\,· · · ,-`| · ·/ : : : | :,/` · · · · · · ·| ………………..
……… . \ : :\, · · · · \ · `\. ·)· / · / : :\ : :`~,_ · · · · · ./ …………………
………… \,_`~.,_„,.-*\, `/,/„/` ,/ : : :`’;-.„_ : Ż-, · · · /,…………………..
…………..`\,,`”| : :`-,„_„))’`"` ·,/`_„,~*’` · · ( · , ,`)· ·,-; `’\,………………..
……………..`*-\ : : : `~----~*` / · · · · · · · · “”~”` ·/` ·( _ :)………………
…………. ,.Ĵ-,--\ : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“`…..’-„,-‘……………….
…………..| |: :*:\ : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,---~*`……………………………
…………./ / : : : `~-„„„„„,.;;`,,.--`………………………………………….
…………| | : : : :|Ż : ,/ Ż ………………………………………………….
………….\,\,_,„./---~`………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………

Just like kevpla1's posts.

ralinn
04-11-07, 10:12 AM
looks like a Katamari

I agree with necrosoft btw, hi-def would have been great.

Kev, stop trying so hard, you don't need to post everything you hear from your barber. >.<

Amuro
04-11-07, 10:17 AM
Not to mention RFoM and GoW are two very different games.......Which one is almost twice as long as the other and has almost 5 times more characters on screen.
Yeah, and I heard its multiplayer is awesome too. Gonna pick it up some time.