PDA

View Full Version : Aliens Getting The Next-Gen Flavour!

Peoples-Agent
04-11-07, 03:19 PM
Just a nice reminder to all doting Aliens fans out there.

http://www.sega.com/aliens/index.php

Shouldn't be too long now. ALIENS for the MOFO'ing WIN!

Ahhh Aliens FPS for the 360.... cannot wait.

J-Mag
04-11-07, 04:02 PM
Is it another AVP or purely aliens game?

grey_1
04-11-07, 04:09 PM
AHHHH I want it I want it I want it!!!

I love those games! If this is 360 exclusive looks like I'm getting a 360.

Thanks for posting PA!

Sabadin
04-11-07, 04:28 PM
Gearbox is one of the developers :(

Peoples-Agent
04-11-07, 05:08 PM
Two developers and what looks like to be two different games.

I assume that Aliens is the FPS, so what could Alien be morphed into? ....point and click action adventure type game perhaps? Odd.

I can never get enough of decent Aliens stuff, the Alien Vs Predator games were pure class, and there hasn't been a single game yet to match the suspense or have a hit detection or damage system asgood as that!!

Ahhh.... cannot wait to tear lead through Alien scurge!

That beeping motion scanner does it everytime..... *Shudder*

Peoples-Agent
04-11-07, 05:09 PM
Is it another AVP or purely aliens game?

Purely Aliens, based on the original movies I believe.

tornadog
04-11-07, 05:38 PM
Obsidian made NWN2 and KOTOR2, so its likely to be an action rpg, but in the alien universe seems kinda tricky. I am also leaning more towards an action adventure with rpg elements. Gearbox can make good games(BIA), not FPSs though :P

OWA
04-11-07, 05:41 PM
Sounds good but I hope when they say bringing the franchise to the next Next-Gen Systems that the PC is also included.

Peoples-Agent
04-11-07, 06:05 PM
Sounds good but I hope when they say bringing the franchise to the next Next-Gen Systems that the PC is also included.

And if not.... buy a console.

Why not?

Cheaper than the cost of a graphics card and will last more than a year.

Redeemed
04-11-07, 06:13 PM
And if not.... buy a console.

Why not?

Cheaper than the cost of a graphics card and will last more than a year.

The problem with that is he already has a couple killer gaming rigs. Thus all he needs now is the killer games. :D

Peoples-Agent
04-11-07, 06:16 PM
The problem with that is he already has a couple killer gaming rigs. Thus all he needs now is the killer games. :D

Thus the reason I bailed on the PC platform for awhile, and glad I did.

I'll be back mind, once the DX10 boom really kicks in and PC gaming becomes decent again.

OWA
04-11-07, 06:23 PM
I have a x360 and ps3 already and I really like the next gen-consoles. But, I still really struggle controlling certain types of games with the gamepad so that was the reason for the comment.

Redeemed
04-11-07, 07:17 PM
I have a x360 and ps3 already and I really like the next gen-consoles. But, I still really struggle controlling certain types of games with the gamepad so that was the reason for the comment.

I hear ya'. There are some game styles that are just best suited for the consoles. For me, it'd be primarily any game which is third-person. Most any other (first person, RTS, racing, simulation) plays best on the PC- in my opinion.

And considering how little I play of any kind of third person game, there is just no reason for me to buy a console.

I'll just hope they make a (decent) port of this game for the PC. ;)

Amuro
04-11-07, 09:07 PM
Looks like Sega's website is down. Page cannot be displayed.

sammy sung
04-11-07, 09:49 PM
Two developers and what looks like to be two different games.

I assume that Aliens is the FPS, so what could Alien be morphed into? ....point and click action adventure type game perhaps? Odd.

I can never get enough of decent Aliens stuff, the Alien Vs Predator games were pure class, and there hasn't been a single game yet to match the suspense or have a hit detection or damage system asgood as that!!

Ahhh.... cannot wait to tear lead through Alien scurge!

That beeping motion scanner does it everytime..... *Shudder*

Playing the marine missions in avp2 is one of the scariest gaming experiences ive had tbh,at a few times i had to shut it down and take a breather and get my heart rate down :D

OWA
04-11-07, 10:44 PM
Yeah, no kidding. They did a great job with avp2.

LycosV
04-13-07, 01:09 AM
I hear ya'. There are some game styles that are just best suited for the consoles. For me, it'd be primarily any game which is third-person. Most any other (first person, RTS, racing, simulation) plays best on the PC- in my opinion.

I totally agree. Third person games play great with a console controller, almost everything else I prefer the computer.

I kinda hope they don't take the AvP approach this time. The AvP games are fantastic, for the parts where you're the marines vs the aliens. The predator being in the mix always felt a little tacked on to me. Not to mention balancing multiplayer was next to impossible with the predator.

superklye
04-13-07, 07:02 AM
Oh, EFF yeah! Looks like I will be buying a 360 for sure, now. :D

nekrosoft13
04-13-07, 07:07 AM

yes this will be on PC, i don't know why this is console section.

games that are out for both PC and Console should be in gaming central.

some people just don't learn

superklye
04-13-07, 07:17 AM
Oh, if it's coming out for both, the need for a 360 isn't so great anymore...

nekrosoft13
04-13-07, 07:23 AM
from ex-xbox 360 owner, need for 360 is never great haha

Peoples-Agent
04-13-07, 07:36 AM
yes this will be on PC, i don't know why this is console section.

games that are out for both PC and Console should be in gaming central.

some people just don't learn

I assumed it was console only.

Soon find out I suppose.

Ninja Prime
04-13-07, 04:01 PM
Read this quote:

Obsidian Entertainment draws upon their wealth of design knowledge creating successful games such as the best-selling Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Lords and the award-winning Neverwinter Nights 2 to bring the Alien franchise to role-playing gamers for the first time. The role playing game will build upon the distinctive look and feel of the original films while utilizing next-generation technology to create an entirely different and unique Alien experience.

Aliens RPG? Lame, I was hoping for a new AvP, the PC versions were both awesome IMO.

Lyme
04-13-07, 04:09 PM
I'd like a spacehulk remake.