PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get three video cards working in a system?

tomb18
04-12-07, 05:48 PM
Ok, I currently have an nvidia 680i board with 3 PCIe slots. Two are filled with 8800GTX's and are working fine in SLI mode.
Today I decided to add another video card to the PCIe16(x8) slot a 7100GS. This card would be used for a second monitor since with SLI I can only have one (silly nvidia).
So, I put it in the computer and boot Windows XP and it gets recognized as a standard vga but cannot intall the driver. In the device manager it tells me there is a problem with the card. Ok, I try to install drivers but there is obviously a hardware conflict.

So I reboot into Vista and during the booting it reboots but I didn't notice why. I then rebooted, and it wnet into windows fine and installed the 7100GX driver (but I was now in standard VGA screen mode (640x480). So I finished the install by rebooting and then during the boot I got a blue screen in the nvidia driver.
Is there a special trick to install a third card?
Thanks

Cyant
04-12-07, 06:01 PM
Will only work when Nvidia release SLI 2.0 drivers.

BUT you might be able to run an ATI card in the 3rd slot like a x1300 to have 2d screen tho.

tomb18
04-12-07, 07:43 PM
Will only work when Nvidia release SLI 2.0 drivers.

BUT you might be able to run an ATI card in the 3rd slot like a x1300 to have 2d screen tho.

Heck they don't even have sli 1.0 drivers yet....more like 0.9 beta:D