PDA

View Full Version : PCP&C 1000W or Tagan 1100W???

Labyrinth
04-13-07, 04:13 PM
I have enough money for either one, but I can't decide on which one. If I go with the PCP&C then I won't have enough for my WC setup right away, but if I go with the Tagan then I could get started on buying my waterblocks.

Which would you guys suggest? Thanks for your input!

kevJ420
04-13-07, 04:25 PM
I have enough money for either one, but I can't decide on which one. If I go with the PCP&C then I won't have enough for my WC setup right away, but if I go with the Tagan then I could get started on buying my waterblocks.

Which would you guys suggest? Thanks for your input!

The PC P&C. Tagan isn't quite as good.

Camp0rz
04-13-07, 04:28 PM
pcp is AMAZING.

Don't the tagan's come in briefcases? If they do, get the tagan. Briefcases are bad ass.

Banko
04-13-07, 04:55 PM
They are both good, and if I were in your shoes I would get the Tagan because water cooling is very nice :)

jAkUp
04-13-07, 07:32 PM
PC P&C :)

kevJ420
04-13-07, 08:08 PM
PC P&C.

However, if you don't plan to use all the amps on the 12V rail, then you could get the quad copper from PC P&C

Labyrinth
04-13-07, 09:19 PM
Or maybe I don't need to do either? Do you think my current 750W PC P&C would be sufficient for a watercooling setup with my current specs?

Maybe I should have included another option for neither and stick with what I've got.

kevJ420
04-13-07, 10:08 PM
Or maybe I don't need to do either? Do you think my current 750W PC P&C would be sufficient for a watercooling setup with my current specs?

Maybe I should have included another option for neither and stick with what I've got.

If water cooling is the only change, then the extra amps won't be necessary at all, as far as I know.

the 750 W PC P&C is definately enough for your system, plus water cooling, plus a PCI-E PPU when it's launched (should soon, it was recently announced on guru3d.)

I don't know about Quad SLI, but you could probably have dual sli plus a mid-range power consumption GPU.

JoKeRr
04-13-07, 10:08 PM
Buying a PSU with that much wattage is kind of dumb imo, especially considering the system you have. A quad FX system (dual 3ghz) with single GTX uses less than 480W, what on Earth would do you need 1KW??

Therefore I refuse to vote.

a12ctic
04-13-07, 10:09 PM
To run 2 quad core systems at once?

jAkUp
04-13-07, 10:29 PM
If water cooling is the only change, then the extra amps won't be necessary at all, as far as I know.

the 750 W PC P&C is definately enough for your system, plus water cooling, plus a PCI-E PPU when it's launched (should soon, it was recently announced on guru3d.)

I don't know about Quad SLI, but you could probably have dual sli plus a mid-range power consumption GPU.

Don't be so sure... An overclocked Core2 Quad + 2x 8800GTX's take more power than you guys think, just because it works doesn't mean the system is at its max potential. I was even being modest with the VCore.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=25058&stc=1&d=1176521340

A101Sugar
04-14-07, 01:24 AM
PC Power & Cooling!!

btw.... if you want to get rid of your old one, I've been looking to buy a PC P&C 750watt :)

|MaguS|
04-14-07, 06:57 AM
Silverstone, Its quieter then the PC&C and just as good.

Labyrinth
04-14-07, 12:14 PM
PC Power & Cooling!!

btw.... if you want to get rid of your old one, I've been looking to buy a PC P&C 750watt :)

Cool, I'll let you know! BTW, it's the orange one.

Heinz68
04-14-07, 03:01 PM
Get the 1000W Enermax Galaxy DXX Modular.
I have the PSU for second day and I'm very happy with it.

Before I had the 600W Enermax Noisetaker and was very happy how quiet it was before it did blow up. :)

kevJ420
04-14-07, 03:12 PM
Get the 1000W Enermax Galaxy DXX Modular.
I have the PSU for second day and I'm very happy with it.

Before I had the 600W Enermax Noisetaker and was very happy how quiet it was before it did blow up. :)

PC P&C's don't blow up like Enermaxes do, so I really don't recommend an Enermax.

As for the Silverstone, it's ripple noise rating isn't as good the PC P&C.

That matters to me more, but to most others the Silverstone will be better.

Heinz68
04-14-07, 03:47 PM
PC P&C's don't blow up like Enermaxes do, so I really don't recommend an Enermax.

As for the Silverstone, it's ripple noise rating isn't as good the PC P&C.

That matters to me more, but to most others the Silverstone will be better.
So how would you know that Enermaxes do blow up? What a dumb dumb general statement?

Beside do you believe if my blown up 600W Enermax was entirely Enermax fault that I would spend $300.00 and go buy Enermax again ?

There is not much need to read between the lines to realize that I must have been very happy with the Enermax.

Beside I had 3 years waranty and the 600W is being replaced and soon for sale.

I needed replacement right away and decided to go for something bigger.

Waiting for ever for AMD's new GPU and CPU I saved lot's off money so why not.

jAkUp
04-14-07, 04:02 PM
I've gone through many PSU's here is my list:

2 Enermax's died
1 PC Power and Cooling died
1 Antec died

However, ever since I bought a voltage regulator, and a black onyx 12 gauge power cable, nothing has died :)

Bman212121
04-14-07, 04:18 PM
I've gone through many PSU's here is my list:

2 Enermax's died
1 PC Power and Cooling died
1 Antec died

However, ever since I bought a voltage regulator, and a black onyx 12 gauge power cable, nothing has died :)

Your pc is probably on it's own seperate circuit. :p I think the 12 guage power cable is more of a novelity item anyway because I would guess that it is only 14awg to the wall plug. (Standard 15 amp residential is usually 14awg)

What Volt reg do you use? I wouldn't mind finding a stand alone reg for some of my other equipment. My main pc is covered by the AVR in my APC, but my server is only battery backed up, but I'm not sure if it does AVR because it is one of the smaller UPS devices.

@ the OP: I would PM Venturi for his take on the Tangan. He has 2 of them in his rig, so he would be able to tell you if they are good or not.

jAkUp
04-14-07, 05:10 PM
I use an APC voltage regulator. Yea the 12 gauge wire is more of a novelty, but thats ok :) I just wanted the cleanest, best power going to my PC since I went through so many PSU's in the past.

kevJ420
04-14-07, 05:31 PM
So how would you know that Enermaxes do blow up? What a dumb dumb general statement?

Beside do you believe if my blown up 600W Enermax was entirely Enermax fault that I would spend $300.00 and go buy Enermax again ?

There is not much need to read between the lines to realize that I must have been very happy with the Enermax.

Beside I had 3 years waranty and the 600W is being replaced and soon for sale.

I needed replacement right away and decided to go for something bigger.

Waiting for ever for AMD's new GPU and CPU I saved lot's off money so why not.

Well, I've read reviews on Newegg, and I've never seen a review that says any pc power blew up, but I've heard of enermaxes blowing up quite frequently.

kevJ420
04-14-07, 05:38 PM
Your pc is probably on it's own seperate circuit. :p I think the 12 guage power cable is more of a novelity item anyway because I would guess that it is only 14awg to the wall plug. (Standard 15 amp residential is usually 14awg)

What Volt reg do you use? I wouldn't mind finding a stand alone reg for some of my other equipment. My main pc is covered by the AVR in my APC, but my server is only battery backed up, but I'm not sure if it does AVR because it is one of the smaller UPS devices.

@ the OP: I would PM Venturi for his take on the Tangan. He has 2 of them in his rig, so he would be able to tell you if they are good or not.

I use a Tripplite LC1800 for my PC P&C.

It seems to be pretty good.

I just got this newer APC UPS for my older consoles and tv. It's 289.99 on newegg, gives a true sine wave, and accepts nom. input voltage down to 75VAC or some **** like that.

I haven't used my HDTV much, since i haven't played my x360 since last june, would've been last may, but my old 6800 GT died (or it's fan died.)