PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War Update (April 2007)

ViN86
04-13-07, 05:41 PM
sorry if this has been posted already.

new update for GoW will patch glitches and add a new gametype: Annex. Annex is a King of the Hill gametype.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/09/gears-of-war-update-annex-gametype-today/

awesome Epic, awesome :D

kev13dd
04-13-07, 06:45 PM
I enjoy it! I actually started playing again after I heard about the addition, but the lag at times is so bad I can't stand it (and before people start shouting "I don't get any lag!" I do- and you can't argue that)

My only complaint with the patch is what it did to VGA. I guess they claim that the patch fixes VGA issues. I never experienced VGA issues though. The game looked and played perfectly over VGA at 1024x1280 or whatever resolution I use. Now though? Widescreen only. I lost fullscreen!!!! Very upsetting

K

ViN86
04-13-07, 07:03 PM
yea i play on my 2407 at 1920x1200 and when its not at that, i play on my HDTV at school (1080i) so i never have any problems with res.

yea i get lag sometimes, too. its usually my fault but sometimes its a ****ty host. its kind of unfair the advantage that the host gets. yea its cool that they have the blood splatter, but host shotty is unstoppable when executed correctly.

havent played the new gametype yet. but i will be this weekend :firedevil

ViN86
04-13-07, 09:08 PM
Whoa? XBox Live has the players actually host games? I thought since you paid for the service they would have central servers.
hey, if you want to **** on my thread, go start another one and do it.
i dont **** on the PS3 every chance i get, so dont come into one of my threads and start ****. gtfo.

this is news, not a debate.

Peoples-Agent
04-13-07, 10:12 PM
Whoa? XBox Live has the players actually host games? I thought since you paid for the service they would have central servers.

Some games do, but the difference between Xbox Live and PC gaming servers, is that a home user can comfortably host a 12 person plus server.

Try doing that in any PC title AND expect to play at the same time yourself.

Impossible.

Generally, the netcode for most games over Xbox Live is pretty astonishing.

I can host 16 player games comfortably in GRAW 2.

kev13dd
04-14-07, 04:33 AM
hey, if you want to **** on my thread, go start another one and do it.
i dont **** on the PS3 every chance i get, so dont come into one of my threads and start ****. gtfo.

this is news, not a debate.
o_O

K

Imbroglio
04-14-07, 09:44 AM
wow, awsome, might have to find some time between graw2/tiger woods/pes to actually get back to playing some gears :D

and wow where have you been. this has been one of the few things the sony fanboys and plugs alike had on xbl. either you didn't know or this is a blatent troll, either way, that is pretty ****ing lame

ViN86
04-14-07, 12:32 PM
O_o
good. that was the reaction i was hoping to stir up. :|

didnt feel like dealin with anybody's ****. if you want to debate XBL, start a thread and have at it.

sorry, ive just been really touchy towards threadcrappers lately :o

kev13dd
04-14-07, 04:53 PM
and wow where have you been. this has been one of the few things the sony fanboys and plugs alike had on xbl. either you didn't know or this is a blatent troll, either way, that is pretty ****ing lame
I didn't learn this till about 5 days ago when I started experiencing lag and tried to look into it. I always thought that XBL hosted the servers themselves, so I don't think he was trying to be a troll. I've had an Xbox for 4 years, and a 360 with an XBL Gold account for months, so it's not impossible to miss

K