PDA

View Full Version : Physical memory dump..which hardware!!?!?!

Technoholic
04-15-07, 05:42 PM
Every time I try to play BF2, as soon as I get in the game, my computer crashes, freezes, gets blue screen, etc etc etc.

First I assumed it was the video card, I got the 7950GT KO. And I still get the blue screen, physical memory dump. Turned back to 7900GT KO with the same error. Then I started to assume that it was the sound card, so I got X-FI XtremeGamer sound card. And I still get the blue screen.

I'm starting to think that it's my RAM that's been bitchy the whole time, but I ran the MemTest86+ for 6.5 hours, and passed without any errors.

I used Drivers Cleanup removing completely the sound drivers and video card drivers. And this blue screen still happens. But am I suppose to reinstall after swapping the video cards between 7950GT KO & 7900GT KO?

Why am I still getting this blue screen, stating Physical Memory Dump? As far as I know.. it could mean anything. But which one should I focus on? Since it's not VC, not the SC, but could it be actually RAM?

grey_1
04-15-07, 09:02 PM
You must be getting some type of stop error code on your screen? Google that code and see if it points you in the right direction.

Edit: fwiw, I've had memtest go a whole night and still say bad ram was ok.

Technoholic
04-16-07, 11:36 AM
The error is 0x7F. That's related with RAM... But every time I try to play, it runs for a good time, but it restarts without any blue screen. Sometimes I go back to the desktop. Sometimes it restarts. Blue screen once out of more than 5 times.

I've decided to sell the RAM and get Corsair XMS2. Because my RAM is not recommended for gaming, and I'm hoping this will help. If not, then I'll throw my computer out of the window.

Maybe I'll try to refund, if not, then sell. If I'm able to refund, then I will get something better than PC2-6400.