PDA

View Full Version : Auzentech X-FI card with DDL!?!?!?

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaptNKILL
04-16-07, 09:36 AM
From the front page:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/company/press.php

:eek:

Santa Clara, CA -April 16, 2007: Auzentech, Inc. developer of the world's first Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect PCI sound card, announces today a new sound card series based on the Creative X-FI chipset.
The Auzen X-FI Prelude 7.1 is scheduled for release near the end of May 2007. It will fully support EAX 5.0 and have the same expandability as the Auzen X-Meridian 7.1. Support for Dolby Digital Live real time encoding for Vista is scheduled for Q4 of this year.
The Auzen X-Fi Prelude marks the first time Creative has permitted a third-party soundcard vendor to use the Creative X-FI chipset in its own soundcard design.

“By building a soundcard based upon Creative's high-quality X-Fi chipset, we are fulfilling one of the most common feature requests from our customers,” said Stephane Bae, President of Auzentech, Inc. "When you're playing games, the Auzen X-Fi Prelude soundcard will output the best 3D audio and latest EAX effects. And when you're listening to music or watching movies, you'll enjoy an audiophile-quality experience."
"We’re excited to provide Auzentech with our award-winning X-Fi audio chipset and technology to provide an outstanding audio experience for Auzentech’s customers,” said Steve Erickson, VP of audio for Creative.

:eek:

My jaw was hanging open the entire time I was reading that.

I think this will be the first 3rd party Creative-powered sound card since the ancient old Sound Blaster cards from the early 90s (I think the Aztech Sound Galaxy was creative based... if it wasn't then this new card will probably be their first ever 3rd party sound card). This is totally insane! If this thing has the crystalizer and all of the other EAX effects it will be the only sound card anyone will need for a very long time. Digital encoding on a Creative-based card... totally freaking unbelievable...

In fact, I'm skeptical. If this had been posted at the Inquirer I would have immediately dismissed it.

What do you guys think?

nekrosoft13
04-16-07, 09:38 AM
nice, finally auzentech card that is worth anything.

hopefully it will have alchemy support also.

props to auzentech, they finally got tired of c-media bull**** too.

CaptNKILL
04-16-07, 09:41 AM
nice, finally auzentech card that is worth anything.

hopefully it will have alchemy support also.

props to auzentech, they finally got tired of c-media bull**** too.
Yeah, Auzentech still doesn't have a 64bit Vista driver for their x-plosion. :rolleyes:

Dazz
04-16-07, 09:41 AM
Yeah very nice, time to put my X-FI FPS up on ebay.

nekrosoft13
04-16-07, 09:42 AM
its not really their fault, c-media is the one that makes drivers.

now it seems like they finally got tired, and gonna ditch c-media.

Dazz
04-16-07, 09:45 AM
Yeah they will be using Creative drivers which are pretty good but slow to come out.

nekrosoft13
04-16-07, 10:00 AM
Yeah they will be using Creative drivers which are pretty good but slow to come out.

creative is still allot faster in releasing drivers then c-media

SwedX
04-16-07, 10:09 AM
woow cant belive this is happening!
Exactly what they wrote about in an article from elitebastards!

If Creative will survive they will have to start licening their product and see thay are allready :D

But one thing I wonder..

Can this card do EAX via digital conection ?

I gues it must, or whatelse is there to have as Creative have never had it them self!

nekrosoft13
04-16-07, 10:13 AM
umm, you do know that creative mentioned selling chips to other manufactures right when x-fi was first released. this is nothing really new.

auzentech is just the first to do it. I would say auzentech first went with c-media because they probably cheaper, but after seeing how much trouble c-media had in making drivers, and how long it took them to get updated driver releases. they are trying to go the other route now.

Xion X2
04-16-07, 10:52 AM
Yeah, Auzentech still doesn't have a 64bit Vista driver for their x-plosion. :rolleyes:

And how many people, exactly, use Vista 64-bit to game with right now? Even Vista 32 is buggy as hell right now when it comes to gaming. :)

This is great news, though. I love my Xplosion, so the Prelude will probably be my next sound card. I just hope all of the compatibility issues of the X-Fi like crackled sound and all that mess don't follow suit. I've never had a single issue out of my Xplosion w/ distorted sound. Not one.

nekrosoft13
04-16-07, 10:57 AM
i play games on vista 64bit, no complains. runs some games faster then xp.

with alchemy and x-fi is great

Xion X2
04-16-07, 11:09 AM
Well I'm glad it's working out for you nekro, but I've seen far more complaints about gaming in Vista than I have in XP right now. I haven't seen too many "my gamE wOnT STaaRTTT!!!!11" or "DxDLIGRDVR DisKRead MeMoRY Err0R!!!11 WTF!@!>" on XP lately, although it's far from perfect with Nvidia's all-around crappy drivers.

But it's good news if it's becoming more stable. I'd like to move to it by summer, so I hope they keep working the bugs out.

OrangeBlast
04-16-07, 11:24 AM
thank the gods for this! Its about damn time we get some competition going. Perhaps its because creative can't meet the demands of hi-end users like us. Especially in the drivers arena. Damn, what am I to do with my elite Pro now!??!

Dazz
04-16-07, 11:26 AM
Thats why i dual boot :)

nekrosoft13
04-16-07, 11:33 AM
thank the gods for this! Its about damn time we get some competition going. Perhaps its because creative can't meet the demands of hi-end users like us. Especially in the drivers arena. Damn, what am I to do with my elite Pro now!??!

i swear your post makes as little sence as kevpas

this still will be card based on x-fi, and creative will still be making drivers for these cards.

just like c-media was making drivers for c-media based cards.

it wouldn't suprise me if this new card from auzentech, won't be based on new x-fi 2

ynnek
04-16-07, 11:34 AM
This pretty much guarantee's the future will still have circular threads arguing EAX and DDL.. ;)

nekrosoft13
04-16-07, 11:36 AM
Well I'm glad it's working out for you nekro, but I've seen far more complaints about gaming in Vista than I have in XP right now. I haven't seen too many "my gamE wOnT STaaRTTT!!!!11" or "DxDLIGRDVR DisKRead MeMoRY Err0R!!!11 WTF!@!>" on XP lately, although it's far from perfect with Nvidia's all-around crappy drivers.

But it's good news if it's becoming more stable. I'd like to move to it by summer, so I hope they keep working the bugs out.

some people just bitch to get attention. i have over 50, maybe 60 games installed on vista. currently only one doesn't work. Deus EX IW, simply crashed, but that doesn't suprise me that game was a big mess from the start.

quite a few run faster in vista then on xp, most run about the same. about 2 (that i can think off ) run little slower.

Riptide
04-16-07, 11:46 AM
Yes they are taking way to long to come out with this. My x-plosion sits on my desk right now and I'm back to realtek onboard sound because this driver still isn't out yet. Lame.

superklye
04-16-07, 11:52 AM
Now, if only M-Audio would put out a card based on X-Fi with DDL and support for DigiDesign ProTools.

I really, REALLY want to get ProTools to start playing with it/learning it, but I have to either buy super-expensive DigiDesign hardware or less-expensive M-Audio hardware to use it.

I enjoy a lot of the features that Creative has, though their bloated and lacking drivers support is somewhat disappointing. DDL isn't a huge deal since I don't have digital speakers, but still...why not have it?

Absolution
04-16-07, 12:31 PM
holy !!!!! amazing, a soundcard worth buying now!

digital 5.1 suround sound! :D:D:D

they will sell boatloads of these

SwedX
04-16-07, 02:53 PM
Right what I want so finaly its easy to set up headphones/Surround, just jack in 2 optical cables in my Logitech receiver and switch opt1 / opti2 and no more hassle to get 5.1 to both sources, about damn time!

Thats how it should be nice and easy :D

Okey I know about merridian or what its called but that means no EAX so this is good news!

kevJ420
04-16-07, 03:00 PM
DDL is old-school. TrueHD is better.

PCI-E x1 boards would be cool.

SwedX
04-16-07, 03:05 PM

PCI-E x1 boards would be cool.

Okey kevpla that sounds nice :D

superklye
04-16-07, 03:05 PM
You dumbass.

DDL = Dolby Digital Live which is a hardware-based technology that allows the card to take a digital connection (coaxial or optical SPDIF) and split it to the 5.1 discrete channels on the card instead of needing software to do it (as all Creative cards currently do).

TrueHD = codec for lossless-quality compressed audio

Rakeesh
04-16-07, 03:17 PM
Personally I am not going to get anything like this unless its UAA compliant and supports either ADAT, 8ch LPCM, Dolby TrueHD, or DTS-HD.

DDL = Dolby Digital Live which is a hardware-based technology that allows the card to take a digital connection (coaxial or optical SPDIF) and split it to the 5.1 discrete channels on the card instead of needing software to do it (as all Creative cards currently do).

Well, not quite. DDL can be either hardware or software. DDL is just a layer that converts the 6 individual channels into a single dolby digital bitstream for transport over a digital connection. Creative cards don't support this at all, and afaik there isn't even any software solution available for this. Although kevpla1 is indeed a dumbass, he is almost on the right track here, but not quite.

Dolby Digital is pretty much obsolete now that the newer playback mediums and receivers are going to support much higher bandwidth lossless audio signals. Currently no soundcards that can deliver lossless digital surround exist however, which is what I am primarily waiting for.