PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed my UPS...need some quick suggestions ASAP..

Tr1cK
04-16-07, 06:06 PM
My APC Back-UPS 1000XS is no more. It decided it wouldn't come off battery and run my system again for the 4th time. I gave it a few more chances not plugged into anything and all that, but still no go. SOooo I bashed it into my basement floor. I just couldn't help myself today. Its been a BAD day....freekin Tech Massacre, a good friend being found dead, and this suck ass weather....then I come home to my recently upgraded system not being allowed to run by the damn UPS? Tr1cK don't play that.

Long story short...I need quick suggestions for a new UPS. Prefer a local type of store like BB or CC cause I want a new one ASAP. System is my main rig.

kevJ420
04-17-07, 03:04 PM
My APC Back-UPS 1000XS is no more. It decided it wouldn't come off battery and run my system again for the 4th time. I gave it a few more chances not plugged into anything and all that, but still no go. SOooo I bashed it into my basement floor. I just couldn't help myself today. Its been a BAD day....freekin Tech Massacre, a good friend being found dead, and this suck ass weather....then I come home to my recently upgraded system not being allowed to run by the damn UPS? Tr1cK don't play that.

Long story short...I need quick suggestions for a new UPS. Prefer a local type of store like BB or CC cause I want a new one ASAP. System is my main rig.

I'm a bit confused. was it completely defective before it was bashed in the basement floor? or was the battery just dead? I had always thought apc made the best products.

anyways, a good alternative to a ups is the tripplite lc2400, they may or may not have it @ bb, but provantage has it, and the difference you'd pay for really fast shipping would be negated by the extra money you'd spend at best buy.

however, if you still need something with a battery, i would recommend buying the most expensive ups bb/cc have. or close to it.

Sorry about the tech loss. this morning channel 3 news came to my school's campus and there was a moment of silence/rememberence.

Tr1cK
04-17-07, 03:15 PM
It wasn't switching off battery before it met the concrete floor. It had happened a few times before; I always had to fudge with it to make it go back to AC power. After everything yesterday, I just thought it better to take it out on the piece of junk. That was my 2nd APC and hopefully my last. It was only 2 years old or so and the battery was still in excellent shape. I really find no reason for it to bug out other that it just being junk.

Thanks for the reply, I got a new one last night. I bought a 900VA Cyberpower unit from Best Buy. The appearance, features, and everything already have me more impressed than the old APC UPS. Looks to have about 15 minutes worth of idle time on my PC which should be good enough.