PDA

View Full Version : Some very useful Vista features...

CaptNKILL
04-17-07, 02:29 PM
[H] has made a small article covering 12 very useful tweaks and features of Vista.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMyNywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I use some of them already, but others I didn't know about. Very cool stuff. :)

grey_1
04-17-07, 03:36 PM
Thanks Capt!

GamerGuyX
04-17-07, 06:32 PM
Awesome. :)

|MaguS|
04-17-07, 06:40 PM
I really want to try out vista, I have it sitting right here on my desk but I just keep ignoring it. I had it installed on another drive but it BSOD after an nvidia driver install so I never went back.

$n][pErMan
04-17-07, 08:07 PM
I really want to try out vista, I have it sitting right here on my desk but I just keep ignoring it. I had it installed on another drive but it BSOD after an nvidia driver install so I never went back.
Id at least install it as duel boot if I was you and get used to it now so when DX10 is in full swing you are ready :) I set this computer up as duel boot when I built it a few weeks back... and to be completely honest once I got Vista setup on like the 3rd day of having this machine I have never booted back into XP :)

Bman212121
04-18-07, 11:14 PM
there were a couple of good tips at the end. I was looking through the list of Windows Features in Tip 10, and it just happened to mention Windows Meeting Space. I found it under Windows collaboration in the program files directory. Netmeeting lives again. :) I want to know who actually uses that thing? It's been in Windows since 95, and I've never seen the need for it.

Bman212121
04-18-07, 11:17 PM
[pErMan']Id at least install it as duel boot if I was you and get used to it now so when DX10 is in full swing you are ready :) I set this computer up as duel boot when I built it a few weeks back... and to be completely honest once I got Vista setup on like the 3rd day of having this machine I have never booted back into XP :)

I have a quad boot right now cause I figured I would end up back on XP. I just activated my XP install yesterday because of TDU. That was the first thing that I've really felt the need to go back to XP for. Everything else seems to run good, and there are a few things in which Vista smokes XP. If anyone uses Windows shares with a lot of content in them, Vista is a lot better at looking through the share.

Peoples-Agent
04-19-07, 04:49 PM

Don't do it , its rubbish!

I recall when XP first came about, infact I was working in a tech support environment and it was nowhere near asbad as Vista has been for me.

It's asbad as Windows ME if you want to compare a mess.

The only workable difference, that you will ever notice in daily use is the flashy Aero nonsense. Apart from that, nothing else plus added bugs and interference that is supposedly in the name of security.

I absolutely dread the day when XP will be gone for good, and I have never said that about a previous operating system before, never ever ...going right back to 3.1 !

GamerGuyX
04-19-07, 11:51 PM
Windows Vista is the best OS I've used to date. Well, except for possibly Mac OS X...