PDA

View Full Version : Slow boot

d00mskull
04-18-07, 06:09 PM
I got this build Saturday, and its been running OK, but I noticed that Windows takes a while to boot. 10-12 blue bars. Wtf. Any suggestions? I'm considering a format.

d00mskull
04-20-07, 04:39 PM
Bump for great justice. :afro:

Dr.Nick
04-23-07, 06:59 PM
One of the best vista features is the new event logs; check there for any warnings/errors at startup. It can be found at Control Panel/System and Maintenance/Performance Information and Tools/Advanced Tools/View Performance Details in Event Log

d00mskull
04-24-07, 05:35 PM
One of the best vista features is the new event logs; check there for any warnings/errors at startup. It can be found at Control Panel/System and Maintenance/Performance Information and Tools/Advanced Tools/View Performance Details in Event Log

I don't use Vista though. :headexplode:

kam03
04-24-07, 06:51 PM
I don't use Vista though. :headexplode:

LOL, have you error checked, what have you installed before this slow boot started?

Dr.Nick
04-24-07, 10:30 PM
haha sorry. I keep forgetting it's not a Vista only section:)

d00mskull
04-24-07, 11:36 PM
LOL, have you error checked, what have you installed before this slow boot started?

Games and other small things. It happened after I started using CCleaner to clean up Missing DLLs after uninstallations. I defrag when I need it and I don't delete prefetch so I don't know what could be causing it.

Dr.Nick
04-25-07, 12:18 AM
Games and other small things. It happened after I started using CCleaner to clean up Missing DLLs after uninstallations. I defrag when I need it and I don't delete prefetch so I don't know what could be causing it.

That's probably your problem right there. File and registry cleaners usually do a lot more damage than good. Personally I've never had good luck with any of them(CCleaner included)

grey_1
04-25-07, 05:17 AM
Go into msconfig and uncheck your startup items one at a time, rebooting after each one. When it boots normally you know you've found your culprit.