PDA

View Full Version : WMV's

Buenamos
04-19-07, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, I just installed Vista Ultimate 32 bit yesterday and so far, I gotta say I really like it! The only problem i've run into is, I can't seem to get wmv files to play. Media player will open and sound will play, but no video will display.

I've tried installing the kazaa codec pack, and every other type of file I can imagine plays, but still no success with wmvs. Any suggestions?

Peoples-Agent
04-19-07, 08:18 PM
How strange, WMVs are MS' little baby!

Are they HD ones?

I would suggest installing the Windows Media Encoder, it resolved some WMV issues I was having.

Buenamos
04-19-07, 08:30 PM
How strange, WMVs are MS' little baby!

Are they HD ones?

I would suggest installing the Windows Media Encoder, it resolved some WMV issues I was having.

Yeah, it's very strange! I've tried both HD ones and SD ones with no luck. I just downloaded the Windows Media Encoder 9 it's still a no go.

.......ummmmm????

Buenamos
04-21-07, 04:54 PM
For any of you having the same problem, I figured out the problem. The 158.18 forceware drivers don't allow me to watch wmvs but as soon as I try the 165.01 drivers the problem goes away. Unfortunately, I prefer the 158.18 performance so I'll be sticking with them until nvidia gets their drivers up to snuff.

radekhulan
04-21-07, 05:26 PM
This is (probably) NVIDIA driver bug. Just uncheck HW acceleration of WMV in Windows Media Player 11. Had this problem with 165.01, but it is working fine with 158.xx.