PDA

View Full Version : Next battlefield engine anyone?

mojoman0
04-20-07, 03:06 AM
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113866

Here's some screens of the latest frostbite engine which Battlefield: Bad Company will be using. Hopefull future battlefields for the PC will be using this. It looks pretty impressive to me. My fave is the bottom right.

CaptNKILL
04-20-07, 05:45 AM
Looks awesome.

I really like the Battlefield 2 engine, I hope this one is just as good.

johnkeel105
04-20-07, 07:08 AM
Hopefully the new engine is a bit lighter on memory requirements. Destructible environments will be very very cool.

SignorSalad
04-20-07, 08:28 AM
2 words for Dice: Native Widescreen!

Bman212121
04-20-07, 11:44 AM

+1

We'll have to see what they can come up with. When BF2 works it is cool, but it quite flakey sometimes and the weapons don't work well.

Vik1dk
04-20-07, 12:30 PM
Looks realy good, now add the gameplay and speed from BF2 without the crappy hit detection(and the other annoying bugs) and we could have a winner

FastRedPonyCar
04-20-07, 02:25 PM
I saw the video for the new BF game a while back. Pretty funny vid actually. It noted at the beginning of the vid that it was all in game, in engine video so what you see on the vid is what it will look like. I was very impressed. On par, if not better than the Unreal 3 engine and the destructable environment... oh man I REALLY hope they can pull that off the way EVERYONE is hoping they can.

J-Mag
04-20-07, 02:35 PM
Hopefully the new engine is a bit lighter on memory requirements. Destructible environments will be very very cool.

Asking for destructible environments and a smaller memory footprint?!? HAH!

I don't think I have ever seen a sequel to a game use less memory.

Madpistol
04-20-07, 08:43 PM
That looks very very nice. They really are starting to border reality with that engine. Put in some destructable environments, and this game might just be a winner. :D

$n][pErMan
04-20-07, 11:25 PM
As long as EA has nothing to do with it.. it will be a sweet game :) Otherwise... plan for a buggy POS. Of which I will never buy :p

stncttr908
04-21-07, 12:34 AM
No kidding. My roommate loaded up Tribes 2 today (one of his favorites) and that supported widescreen. :D

|MaguS|
04-21-07, 10:04 AM
No kidding. My roommate loaded up Tribes 2 today (one of his favorites) and that supported widescreen. :D

Lets play! Shazbot!

SH64
04-21-07, 05:39 PM
Nice geometry :cool:

Dazz
04-23-07, 04:27 PM
I saw the video for the new BF game a while back. Pretty funny vid actually. It noted at the beginning of the vid that it was all in game, in engine video so what you see on the vid is what it will look like. I was very impressed. On par, if not better than the Unreal 3 engine and the destructable environment... oh man I REALLY hope they can pull that off the way EVERYONE is hoping they can.
Thats Battlefield 2 Bad company, Consoles only at the moment.

Crisao23
04-23-07, 05:20 PM
http://ati.amd.com/developer/gdc/2007/Andersson-Tatarchuk-FrostbiteRenderingArchitecture(GDC07_AMD_Session). pdf (http://ati.amd.com/developer/gdc/2007/Andersson-Tatarchuk-FrostbiteRenderingArchitecture%28GDC07_AMD_Session %29.pdf)

The pdf shows everything about the new engine and its use on PCs

J-Mag
04-23-07, 05:35 PM
The pdf shows everything about the new engine and its use on PCs

Nice link. :thumbsup:

Good to hear confirmation that the engine is for PCs.
Edit: and multicore support w/ destructible/dynamic environments.