PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 1 drivers

Pages : [1] 2

Matthyahuw
03-21-03, 02:00 PM
I heard you can use Audigy 2 drivers on your Audigy 1, is this true? Is it any better?

I'm still having audio issues in BF1942 with the latest patch, and sometimes my MP3 skip...it's driving me NUTZ!!!

I'm currently using the 12/31/2002 drivers from their site.

The stupid thing is, I said I'd never get a Creative card again, and here I am trusting them...:rolleyes: shame on me

LTech221
03-21-03, 02:03 PM
Yes it is possible, adds better overall sound quality and support for 64 hardware accelerated channels over the previous 32. U may need to download the Full driver disk for the A2 first, then run the upgrades as u wish. But when I did it I got the Audigy 2 driver disk (downloaded version .283) then I downloaded teh newest drivers and used WinRAR to extract the update driver. If you dont do that it will say Audigy2 not found install willnot proceed. But once extracted I just ran CTZAPXX within the driver and selected update driver, took a minute or 2 and all was done. No problems yet, pretty much fixed all the minor issues I was having.

Matthyahuw
03-21-03, 07:15 PM
So your card actually shows up as an Audigy2???

interesting...got any linkage?

thanks man

LTech221
03-21-03, 07:25 PM
No just says Audigy, even teh A2 just says Audigy in control panel, but the A2 will obviously have better general sq over the A1 due to the improvements made to the card. Not sure whre to download the drivers & apps (a2cd) anymore, place where I got them from doesnt seem to be up anymore, but i'll try to find some other links.

Matthyahuw
03-21-03, 07:59 PM
ok, thanks for trying...I'll check P2P stuff...

Cereal-Killer
03-22-03, 03:22 PM
Go to www.warp2search.net and search for "audigy 2 driver", you'll find all the info there. Some people reported problems with the hacked A2 drivers, but it worked fine for me.

Smokey
03-22-03, 08:46 PM
-nt-

VeritechK7
03-23-03, 01:06 AM
so the full CD IS required? I'm just looking for the drivers though. Would it be sufficinet that i just download the driver set and extract and update it only via the driver folder?

Cereal-Killer
03-23-03, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure if you really need the full CD, but that one has the speaker settings, EAX console, surround mixer and so on. You'll need all that if you want to twaek your settings to get the most out of your Audigy 1.

LTech221
03-23-03, 06:32 AM
Never seen a driver only package, just the upate drivers that creative offers. But theres nothing really "hacked" using a normal Audigy2 disc, everything installed except I had to go extract the driver and install via CTZAPXX, works like a charm everytime for me. As for the software, not sure if its needed but the speaker setting fixes some bugs where if set to 5.1 or 4.1 ppl would only get stereo etc.

Matthyahuw
03-23-03, 02:20 PM
I got the CD off of eDonkey, I'm gonna try it later today...I'll report back...

Matthyahuw
03-24-03, 01:56 AM
went well

Music sounds better. Don't know if that's a setting Creative uses in software, but I have the effects disabled...

Played BF1942, intro music sounded better as well. In game sound effects sound about the same. I'll let ya know if I have any issues in th future...

VeritechK7
03-24-03, 09:09 AM
which cd are you guys referring to again? the audigy one or two CD? I'm still trying to find my original audigy disk

ragejg
03-24-03, 09:58 AM
to further confuse things: :rolleyes::)

Can't you also use an Audigy (1? 2?) driver for an SBLive5.1? What kind of benifits are there to that?

VeritechK7
03-24-03, 10:07 AM
supposedly that'd be teh case or so i've heard so far

Matthyahuw
03-24-03, 11:49 AM
Get the Audigy2 CD, run the setup which installs the Audigy2 drivers, then get the latest Audgy2 driver patch from Creative, and run that, it will say YOU BIOTCH, YOU DON'T HAVE AN AUDIGY 2, at this point, DON'T hit OK, run to your windows temp folder, and find the folder with the CTZAPXX.EXE, copy that directory out of the temp folder, hit ok, then run that CTZAPXX.EXE file, now you are all good!

Smokey
03-24-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ragejg
to further confuse things: :rolleyes::)

Can't you also use an Audigy (1? 2?) driver for an SBLive5.1? What kind of benifits are there to that?

Yes you can, just run the file Matt said and not the setup.

http://users2.ev1.net/~dallasstar/sb_install_multilang.rar

Thats a link to the full cd, 107mb I think, this is the fastest link I have found.

Sound is good, and cpu usage is meant to be much less.

saturnotaku
03-24-03, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
Get the Audigy2 CD, run the setup which installs the Audigy2 drivers, then get the latest Audgy2 driver patch from Creative, and run that, it will say YOU BIOTCH, YOU DON'T HAVE AN AUDIGY 2

Does it really say that? :p If so, that's pretty danged funny. :D

VeritechK7
03-24-03, 12:23 PM
coolness ..thanks for the link :)

VeritechK7
03-24-03, 12:37 PM
should I uninstall my current sound drivers?

VeritechK7
03-24-03, 01:12 PM
update : installed like a charm although i got a few error messages when using the original CD but otherwise the update works fine. Tested a few games and found that UT ran a bit smoother for some reason. Tested some winamp. Whats' a better test though? direct sound or wave out? I typically use waveout but if direct sound is better, let me know so I could test it out some time later.

thanks guys !

Smokey
03-24-03, 07:55 PM
I use Foobar2000 (http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/) and use Kernel streaming, you dont need any pluggins,it has a very basic interface, just a great music player that will play all your mp3s oggs and cds :jammin:

VeritechK7
03-24-03, 08:31 PM
gonna check it out.. kernal streaming ..sounds interesting to learn :) thanks .. i thought you meant foobar by the actual word ..foobar :p

VeritechK7
03-24-03, 08:47 PM
for some reason kernal streaming won't playback. what sound card do you have?

ragejg
04-03-03, 06:47 AM
any updates, people?

I haven't had ANY issues doing this with my SBlive5.1... It'll be done on my audigy shortly...

I wonder if there's any driver improvements/hacks for those poor souls with PCI128 cards (hack to sblive value?) and the SBLive Value (hack to x-gamer?)

here's to wishing...:rolleyes: