PDA

View Full Version : Kingpin Life of Crime Location

Mr Bigman
04-20-07, 12:59 PM
From what i gathered in this definition of Kingpin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingpin:_Life_of_Crime

I would have to say, its New York in the 1930's. kinda like GTA San Andreas is to LA and San Fran is.

But their they don't say the name of the city in the game, but its obvious.
Radio City is a staple of NYC and the skidrow is kinda like Broooklyn.

Does anyone have an idea as to what city it is in the FPS that did good with the quake 2 engine?

kevJ420
04-20-07, 01:03 PM
From what i gathered in this definition of Kingpin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingpin:_Life_of_Crime

I would have to say, its New York in the 1930's. kinda like GTA San Andreas is to LA and San Fran is.

But their they don't say the name of the city in the game, but its obvious.
Radio City is a staple of NYC and the skidrow is kinda like Broooklyn.

Does anyone have an idea as to what city it is in the FPS that did good with the quake 2 engine?

it came out in 1999 so of course it's great.

I recommend buying it.

They did an excellent job w/ the Q2 engine.

about 33% of words spoken in the game is "****."

also, it's developer's went to gray matter and ported tony hawk 2 (I think, for the PC) in y2k and then in 20-01 RtCW was released.

They have a pretty damn good track record.

Ignore PC Gamer's rating of 53%.

Mr Bigman
04-20-07, 01:36 PM
Ive had the game since it was released. damn good game beaten many of times but of course it left off with the chopper and the female so it has to continue wouldn't it sooner or later.

But the location is so NYC.

MaXThReAT
04-20-07, 02:12 PM
Yeah Kingpin was an awesome game. I should reinstall it. Model damage deformation, I think you could shoot off limbs and beat people to a bloody pulp. Plus it has music from Cypress Hill. LOL, my game manual says 3D Acceleration and 95/98/NT required. Wow, hope I can run it.

Mr Bigman
04-20-07, 05:25 PM
game runs just fine in XP wiith new hardware.

kevJ420
04-20-07, 06:14 PM
game runs just fine in XP wiith new hardware.
May God be praised.

Tygerwoody
04-20-07, 07:38 PM
Kingpin is probably one of the best first person shooters of all time. Especially when playing online.

NaitoSan
04-20-07, 08:15 PM
"A sequel to the game went in production in Interplay in 2005. Work got as far as creating a playable demo version of a level, but after a string of disastrous decisions of the company's CEO, the project was cancelled and soon afterwards, Interplay itself practically collapsed."

DAMMIT!!! WHY!?? STUPID INTERPLAY. :(

Mr Bigman
04-20-07, 10:30 PM
Greed!. I was hoping for a sequal and they left it open too. ****heads. Can someone confirm it its NYC. I think it is cuz of some scenes in the games sure look like the bronx or queens.

SH0DAN
04-21-07, 02:36 AM
I bought it when it came out,paid full price at EB,and had allot of fun with it.This was made by the same people behind the redneck rampage series (which I am also a proud owner of both titles.) Smallish levels for its time,but pretty cool none the less. :)

I would love to play a sequel... AND would certainly support it with cash at the register.

CaptNKILL
04-21-07, 07:31 AM
I've played this game but I've never beat it.

From what I remember its pretty awesome. Good graphics for its time too. I remember it had some of the sharpest, most realistic scenery textures around.

It did suffer from the Quake 2 engine's blobby, crawling model problem though. I think Soldier of Fortune (1) was the only Q2 engine game to get around that.

crainger
04-21-07, 08:33 AM
Yup. For it's time Kingpin looked great. Had some really nice lighting and reflections too. Plus the intro with Lightning Strikes playing in the background was just awesome.

NaitoSan
04-21-07, 08:45 AM
Yup. For it's time Kingpin looked great. Had some really nice lighting and reflections too. Plus the intro with Lightning Strikes playing in the background was just awesome.and motion captuing was great at that time. i was impressed after seeing animations and i was like, holy ****, that look real.

yeah i love the style they went with kingpin... it feels crowded, gritty and dark. i just love the atomosphere. i know my spelling sucks but who care, im semi drunk haha. :p

Mr Bigman
04-21-07, 11:24 AM
They had some good mods over at Planet Kingpin that made some enhancements to the worlds and charactors too.

It was the answer to Half Life during the summer of 99 to compete with it.

I played some Kingpin last night and was cool like always. I even have command scrpts to make things happen in game and its funny.

tag lines:
you piece of crap:
**** you punk:
eat lead:
die you rat ****:
takesome:
****a:
I give ya a crowbar for a dolla:
man, don't be lookin at my bitch motha ****a:

Thats some of the funniest lines in anygame.