PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4 Announcement Coming ?

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
04-21-07, 04:49 AM
This time there better be a PC version :mad:
An Infinity Ward community representative has put up a somewhat vague message update on the forums listing several major events that occured on April 28th throughout history, indicating a major announcement might be coming next week Saturday. Rumor immediatly spread that Infinity Ward may be revealing the first details about Call of Duty 4.
http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,247.0.html

SebC
04-21-07, 06:29 AM
Wooo!

NaitoSan
04-21-07, 08:48 AM
well, we pc gamers didn't get call of duty 3 so... i think we WILL be getting pc version of call of duty 4. i mean, this time it'll be by infinity ward, not treyarch.

can't wait though, and if im correct, it won't be based on wwII. it'll be modern or vietnam war (think heavy metal jacket). woot. :)

|MaguS|
04-21-07, 10:02 AM
Wasn't the rumors before that CoD was not going to be WW2 aswell?

mullet
04-21-07, 11:43 AM
Wasn't the rumors before that CoD was not going to be WW2 aswell?

Yes, it is suppose to be current warfare. I can not wait!!!!!!!1 I still love COD-2.

Mr_LoL
04-21-07, 12:03 PM
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare I hope. I cant wait :D Hopefully the games got DX10 features.

Shaitan
04-21-07, 12:18 PM
Yup, make it Modern. ww2 has had its run.

SebC
04-21-07, 01:17 PM
Theres the question whether the general public would rebuke a game set in the modern conflicts though.

OWA
04-21-07, 02:01 PM
This time there better be a PC version :mad:

Yeah, I hope so too. Thanks for the link.

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-21-07, 02:49 PM
i havenīt played COD3 so much on the 360 but it is in no way a bad COD it is rather cool actually and to be a console game really good graphics.

so COD 4 might be a multi platfomr or PC first and console later

anyways it is gonna be so darn good and dare i say DX10?

well is it too much of a problem to realese DX10 for Win Xp thought be easier to do games adn get it wotl on XP since Vista seems to be a problem package rather than a OS for all kinds of folks gamers like office workers it is too much problems

LT.Schaffer
04-21-07, 03:17 PM
well, we pc gamers didn't get call of duty 3 so... i think we WILL be getting pc version of call of duty 4. i mean, this time it'll be by infinity ward, not treyarch.

can't wait though, and if im correct, it won't be based on wwII. it'll be modern or vietnam war (think heavy metal jacket). woot. :)

You mean "Full Metal Jacket":)

rudedog
04-21-07, 03:25 PM
I just hope they follow through with their promise to listen to the community and take into consideration what the customer wants (both platforms). They also better do a better job on the PC port this time around.

NaitoSan
04-21-07, 07:21 PM
You mean "Full Metal Jacket":)
...yeah full metal jacket. :o

jAkUp
04-21-07, 10:33 PM
Nice :D I liked COD2 MP.

TiKiMaN1
04-21-07, 11:40 PM
Fetch this better go to the PC. I have loved the whole COD series (for the PC at least).:D

Richteralan
04-22-07, 12:53 AM
I'm getting tired of WWII themed games.

TiKiMaN1
04-22-07, 02:57 AM
I'm getting tired of WWII themed games.

This one is suppose to be in modern times I believe.:D

Quickstar
04-22-07, 03:18 AM
Vietnam isn't modern so i doubt it'll take place there...

kev13dd
04-22-07, 05:24 AM
Theres the question whether the general public would rebuke a game set in the modern conflicts though.
The general public doesn't buy games

Well, ya, part of it does, but you get what I mean. Not many people see a game like COD and go out and buy a computer or console for it. Usually the ones who buy it are the gamers that were gamers before the game came out. I don't think there are many gamers who will refuse to play it because it's set in modern conflict. The people who "rebuke" it are going to be the people who wouldn't play it or buy it no matter what the setting

Gamers are tired of WWII, it's only logical that a game will eventually take the step towards becoming modern. Gamers drive the market for games, not the "general public"

The only problem I see with moving a game to be modern is you can't base it on anything real anymore. I don't want to spark a "did we win" debate, but no war since WWII has really had a huge victory in the US or any other country's favor. The reason WWII games work is because there is a clear cut direction to a clear cut ending with dramatic scense that go great for games. Any game that's set in today's time frame isn't going to have a dramatic victorious ending. So if the next COD game is modern, I'm thinking it's going to have a fictional setting

K

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-22-07, 06:11 AM
actually no call of duty to PC game has ever taken up the subject of US vs Japan before only medal of honor has

so perhpas COd 5 will deal with the japan conflict then?

i know PS2 and xbox got a japan conflict game

OT now

well might be about the Iraq conflict or so

like said might be hundreds of years in the future where the earth isnīt with us anymore and aliens and other factions kida like lost planet naah a futuristic game isnīt gonna sell a call of duty like COD COUO and COD2 did

if it does then because it is simply a COD name on it but COd might be donw for if they get aliens on us like aline monsters on a planet never heard of like in alien movies.

naah iīll stick to more relistic scene of war as WWII for example

mullet
04-22-07, 12:44 PM
True, imo the best MP game of 05/06.

Yeah, The game play is good, the netcode is good but I am getting tired of WWII games we need something new.

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-22-07, 02:44 PM
i think it will be like BF 2142 futuristic with mechs and stuff

or perhaps a vietnam game ...like we havenīt had alot of those :)

i donīt know but i guess we will soon enough

kilmas
04-22-07, 03:26 PM
i found a video on youtube that looks like a leaked video from a new call of duty game,set in modern times.it looks you are playing as russian ,how is the enemy i dont now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdFTDsgC_w

i found this on infinity ward forum,i dont now what is the trueth.i dont understand why a other developer want to make a cod copy game.

"This footage is from a new game under development at Illusion Softworks/Pterodon, for the PS3,X360 and PC.

Illusion Softworks is known for Hidden & Dangerous 1/2, Mafia, while Pterodon previously made Vietcong 1/2.

While details are slim to none, the game will be set during present time, or in the nearby future, and rumor has it that it's called Moscow Rhapsody.

Rainier
WorthPlaying.com"
http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,19.msg266.html#msg266

Quickstar
04-22-07, 03:38 PM
i found a video on youtube that looks like a leaked video from a new call of duty game,set in modern times.it looks you are playing as russian ,how is the enemy i dont now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdFTDsgC_w

I sure hope thats not the next COD, it looks like ****. I want a new engine!

SebC
04-22-07, 04:18 PM
That looks pretty damn good actually. I doubt it's COD4 but it does look good.