PDA

View Full Version : Scary Games!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ATOJAR
04-22-07, 08:56 AM
Im after some peoples opinions on some scary/spooky games to get, It may also give other people the chance to try games they have never heard of!

The games can be from any year(past & present).... even future games that look scary that are not released yet!

Up to now ive got.....

1) Doom 3.

2) F.E.A.R. Extraction Point.

Thats about it from me lol.

Help me out with some more scary(the kind where you sit there and they make you jump out of your skin lol)games!

|MaguS|
04-22-07, 08:59 AM
Doom 1/2
F.E.A.R. & Expansion
System Shock 1/2
Dark Messiah (at some points)
Vampire Bloodlines (at some points)
Clive Barkers Undying
Silent Hill 2/3/4
Penumbra Ep1

8800gtsfan
04-22-07, 09:01 AM
Clive Barkers Undying

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-22-07, 09:26 AM
Condemned about the freakiest and creepy game iīve ever played never did finnish too scray.

undying
F.E.A.R + Extraction point.

canīt think of anymore right now

SH64
04-22-07, 09:28 AM
Nosferatu : The Wrath of Malachi

JamesDax
04-22-07, 09:39 AM
AvP - Atari Jaguar version

System Shock 2

Alone in the Dark

Resident Evil 1 & 2

kevJ420
04-22-07, 11:10 AM
Agree with previous poster.

RE1 and 2 are scary in different ways.

Try the gamecube remake, although if playing the original get the pc version even though it's rather difficult to find.

I thought Alone in the Dark was scary as ****, it was the first survival horror game. I liked the 3rd one the best, but it wasn't scary like 1. 4 was scary. 2 and 3 weren't really that scary.

As a side note Alone5 is coming out this year and it's the game I'm looking most forward to this year. Done by test drive 5's development team.

Finally, my own personal recommendation: Splatterhouse 3. I know it's old and is a console game, but it's scariest game I've ever played, so I didn't play it for very long. That's the only game I've played to this day that I'm too scared play.

|MaguS|
04-22-07, 11:14 AM
You find splatterhouse scary? I mean I was scared of it when I was 8 but now its nothing more then a sidescroller beatem up.

OWA
04-22-07, 11:37 AM
Another vote for AvP2.

ralinn
04-22-07, 12:17 PM
AvP PC (I didn't like AvP2... lost the spark the first had)

LycosV
04-22-07, 12:50 PM
Another vote for AvP 1 & 2. But only the marine missions; the alien and predator campains aren't scary at all.

Gaco
04-22-07, 01:00 PM
Only three games that have ever really spooked me was System Shock 2 and AvP1 & AvP2 :scarey:

|MaguS|
04-22-07, 01:02 PM
System Shock 2 still scares me and I have played it countless times... its seriously the first game I always install after a fresh reinstall of my OS.

mojoman0
04-22-07, 01:18 PM
Aliens vs Predator is the scariest game I've ever played in my life

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-22-07, 01:35 PM
second on that
damn i played the marine demo years ago and when that alien jumped up on me i just got so damn scare so my buddy almost fell of his chair so it is scary yes indeed it is

wrathofgod
04-22-07, 01:36 PM
Another good scary game that seems to be fairly unknown is Penumbra: Overture. Good stuff!

Xion X2
04-22-07, 01:39 PM
Fatal Frame 1 & 2.

'Nuff said. Every other is a p**** by comparison.

Before there was Samara (The Ring girl) or the F.E.A.R. girl, there was Kirie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KqPIgF0NdI&mode=related&search=

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-22-07, 01:41 PM
well RE 1, 2, 3 when nemesis jumped though a window i got so stressed and cared man those RE games are scary AVP1 then these photo ghost games for PS2 and xbox can be pretty scary too bad they arenīt for PC they are pretty spooky.
well i think i have found somewhat the scaeriest games iīve played ohh yeah
RE4 on PS2 was one scary game.

iīve played some scary games on PS1 PS2 PC and Xbox 360

alone in the dark 3 and 4
where pretty scary

jAkUp
04-22-07, 01:41 PM
FEAR and Resident Evil 1 and 2 for me :)

|MaguS|
04-22-07, 01:57 PM
Fatal Frame 1 & 2.

'Nuff said. Every other is a p**** by comparison.

Before there was Samara or The Ring girl, there was Kirie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KqPIgF0NdI&mode=related&search=

The Fatal Frame series is so amazing, I can't wait to see the game on the X360 or PS3. :D

Xion X2
04-22-07, 02:06 PM
The Fatal Frame series is so amazing, I can't wait to see the game on the X360 or PS3. :D

:)

There seriously isn't another horror game that can even come close, and I've played all of them. Few things ever really get to me, but FF does. I don't even believe in ghosts, but that game had me seeing and hearing things all around me for days.

And the game is deep, too. Much deeper storyline than Silent Hill or any other horror game out there.

What surprises me is there are so many out there who've never played it but always mention Resident Evil or Silent Hill when the topic of scary video games comes up. If only they knew... stick them in a haunted mansion w/ nothing to fight ghosts and spirits with but an antique camera and a 90lb. chick that feels like she's running on a treadmill most of the time and let 'em say that.

I might have to get me a PS3 just so I can play the next one. It's been over 2 years since I've played them, and just watching that youtube video gave me the freakin chills.

Xion X2
04-22-07, 02:27 PM
Damn, even that video is scary as hell!

Yeah but it's much scarier when you're actually playing it. The game has some really crazy crap in it.. ghosts walking through walls, little kid ghosts playing tag w/ you and giggling.. the backstory w/ Kirie and all the twisted rituals that took place.. all kinds of twisted #*!#.

Here's a decent trailer that shows different parts of the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3NiX3EarB_0

I don't know how good it would look today, but it was ahead of its time, graphically, when it came out on the PS2/Xbox. The game looked exceptional and had some really cool effects w/ the ghosts. It was one of the few titles where you couldn't tell much of a difference between gameplay and cinemas.. the characters and environments were very detailed.

Probably the creepiest thing of all was playing as that defenseless chick. She ran like she was on a treadmill.. slow enough so the ghosts could almost always keep up with you. It was like a nightmare that you couldn't escape from, and all you had to defend yourself with was this crappy little antique camera.. *LOL* :D

Awesome game. Both of them came out on Xbox and the PS2, but I don't know if they ever made the Xbox version backwards compatible w/ the 360.

LT.Schaffer
04-22-07, 02:38 PM
The orphanage level in battle outta hell creeped me out:thumbdwn: because it involved shooting kids:nono:

BioHazZarD
04-22-07, 02:45 PM
Condemned had a preety sick atmosphere through out the whole game if that games does not scary anyone at night then i dunno you gotta have a heart of steel to play through that game.

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-22-07, 03:00 PM
i second that it was somewhat a sick game with the warehouse and all i never did finnish it.