PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six Vegas. Sound Stuttering (Voice only)

K007
04-22-07, 11:24 AM
Well i got the game recently, and after putting in the SLI profile for it..it is actually pretty good and playable with 35-40 min fps so i dont have a problem, and mostly it drops in outdoor with alot of view area, but avg is over 50's..and smooth.

The only problem i have is with sound stuttering...wtf is with that? Every time someone talks..it stutters..and only the voice..it is annoying and the voice dialogs dont seem to sync well...sometimes everyone talks at the same time and its bloody annoying to follow it..

I downloaded 1.04 and patched right away before playing the game on 1.00...so i am not sure what is going on..also i saw there is two 1.04 patches...i am not sure if i got the updated one or not...but i dont know what the difference is between them..

Any advice? ATM i am enjoying/loving the playing style, similar to republic commando which was an awsome game as well, but this voice stuttering is very annoying.

SLippe
04-22-07, 11:27 AM
Are you using a sound card or onboard sound?

K007
04-22-07, 11:30 AM
onboard ><.

I cant find any sound options either.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/8361088135

over here it says to edit KellerEngine.ini..but i cant find anything related to that..ie..the file is not there to be found..anywhere :/..not in my documents folder or the game folder

K007
04-23-07, 12:44 AM
Still cant seem to figure out why its stuttering.

There is no HDD swaping going on when it happens or low fps...and only the voice just stutters. Main characters voice is perfect..but team mates sometimes stutter but bad guys always stutter..for example

If it is "Enemy Spotted, I need Backup"

It goes
"Ene-Ene-Enemy Spotted, I need Backup"

As you can see..it can get pretty god dam annoying -.-

SLippe
04-23-07, 02:07 AM
onboard ><.

I cant find any sound options either.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/8361088135

over here it says to edit KellerEngine.ini..but i cant find anything related to that..ie..the file is not there to be found..anywhere :/..not in my documents folder or the game folder
I did a search for that file and here is what it found;

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=25220&d=1177308417

K007
04-23-07, 02:56 AM
Yea i found the file/etc, but none of the sound changes helped..i am wondering why there is no sound option in the game anyway...sometimes games use EAX and it kinda sounds lame on my end, and i use headphones..dunno if that is effecting the gameplay..

Eitherway i am not sure what to do other than just go with it -.-. Other sounds like music/movement/gun shooting all sound perfect..no fps drop no hdd going crazy...no freezing game..just voice only stutters..

SLippe
04-23-07, 03:19 AM
I don't know. I didn't have the voice stutters and I just did the tweak for the hell of it and it played fine also.

I did the no blur tweak as well and that I can tell a major difference! Looks great! I played MP on server with PB enabled and no problems.

I don't know what your audio problem could be. Are you using NForce Audio or the Realtek Audio?

Arachnid
04-23-07, 06:02 AM
A few things you could try -

a) Update / Reinstall Sound Card Drivers.

b) May be a long shot, but it did work for me in a couple of games, have you tried lowering the Hardware Sound acceleration level via the dxdiag panel?

c) Checkout this thread -
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/9151085715?r=9951095715#9951095715

d) Reinstall game.

K007
04-23-07, 06:31 AM
yea i tried both drivers, realtek and nforce ones..both give strange effects. the realtek ones work great..cept when i shoot the gun..every second bullet sound is a blank noise...

Arachnid
04-23-07, 06:34 AM
yea i tried both drivers, realtek and nforce ones..both give strange effects. the realtek ones work great..cept when i shoot the gun..every second bullet sound is a blank noise...

Oh ok, what about reducing Hardware Sound Acceleration?

K007
04-23-07, 06:45 AM
I will give that a shot, atm a bit busy, but i will test it out. I remember this seem to kinda fix alot of problems, the change in hardware accerleration.

K007
04-23-07, 07:56 AM
No luck. Lowering the Sound Acceleration thing didnt change anything -.-.

I do have nero premium installed..i am wondering if that causes problems..gonna try uninstalling it...

Those

"W-W-W-What the ****"

noises after awhile get really annoying