PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - blue screen of death?

Sc0rp10n
04-22-07, 11:48 AM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. just gave me my 1st and only BSOD on my system ever. I've installed the 1.0000000001 patch or whatever it was, but the game is definately still buggy. My system specs are below. I'm running other games (WoW, DMoM&M, Far Cry, HL2, Quake 4, etc) and haven't had any BSOD's yet. This BSOD happened after the 1st time I died in the game and it went to load the last save game.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
dual 8800 GTX's in SLI config.
158.18 graphics drivers
15.00 platform drivers

grey_1
04-22-07, 01:48 PM
I went through bsod hell with this after installing the 158.18s first time.

What I did.

Uninstall drivers through the device manager.

Reboot into safe mode.

Manually remove every NV driver file. All the files start with nv and if you hover your mouse over each it will tell you if its a driver file.

Read tomb18s faq here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89754) and remove the registry entries he has listed under "uninstalling or upgrading"

Re-installed and they've been for me since.

One thing, good idea to make a system restore point before doing this, I forgot to and regretted it.

Hope this helps.

Sc0rp10n
04-22-07, 02:44 PM
Thanks. No wonder people flock to consoles with all this crap we have to endure on the PC side. I think I'll wait until the next non-beta nVidia drivers come out AND there is a substantial patch for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. In the meantime I'm going back through Far Cry and enjoying the heck out of it.

Any luck getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to show up in Vista's Games Explorer?

grey_1
04-22-07, 03:02 PM
I jsut drag the icon to it and it shows up. Hardly ever use it though.

Sc0rp10n
04-22-07, 08:22 PM
I know you can drag it, but you don't get all the pretty box art and stuff.