PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Far Cry and 100 series drivers.

Mike89
04-22-07, 07:21 PM
I've encountered 3 bugs with both the 100.95 and 158.19 XP drivers with Far Cry.

1. The surface of the water with settings "High", "Very High", and "Ultra High" is opaque. Under the water looks fine but not the surface. Setting to "Medium" and the water surface gets clear (with the fish still showing which is kind of weird being the fish only showed up before with the "Ultra High" setting).

2. The heatwave coming from pipes now looks all messed up. Instead of the natural heat wave in the air, now it shows colored textures coming off the pipes.

3. The scope of a weapon now does not display the reflected image in front of you. I don't mean looking through the scope, I mean looking at the scope while carrying the weapon. Now there is no image there, just a small circle.

grey_1
04-22-07, 07:35 PM
Now that I think about it a bit, are you patched to the latest ..what is it 1.4?
That last patch screwed some IQ for me, enough to roll back from it.

I don't remember the particulars, just lavender grass in spots etc. Enough to drop it with out looking any further.

Mike89
04-22-07, 08:40 PM
Nope, didn't want any part of the 1.4 patch since I don't multiplay and it's a multiplayer patch. I'm still running version 1.3. I've played this game countless times and have never seen the issues I'm seeing now.

Mike89
04-22-07, 10:05 PM
Nevermind, I'm a dumb ass.

I installed the 1.32 patch and it fixed all 3 of those issues. I had stuck with the 1.3 patch all this time without issue, then the 100 series drivers come along and apparently exposed something the 1.3 patch didn't take care of.

grey_1
04-22-07, 10:11 PM
Glad you got it man.