PDA

View Full Version : PC Gaming on the Rebound!

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
04-23-07, 11:31 AM
Good news :D

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/23/technology/23gaming.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Anita Frazier, an industry analyst for the NPD Group, a market research firm, noted that in the first two months of 2007, domestic retail sales of PC games reached $203 million, a 48 percent increase over the $136.8 million in the period a year earlier. She noted that these figures do not include revenue generated by PC game sales online, or online subscriptions to play PC games.

methimpikehoses
04-23-07, 11:53 AM
That's a big jump! And why don't they include revenue from online sales and online subscriptions? :headexplode: That's gotta be a huge share of the market.

NaitoSan
04-23-07, 12:29 PM
(nana2)

That's indeed a great news for us hardcore pc gamers. As much as I miss playing games on PC, we just need next-gen titles. :) I never consider next-gen consoles replacing PC, I love both especially I grew up with a PC since apple IIgs / 486.

J-Mag
04-23-07, 12:35 PM
Looks like the demographic is expanding. The more available cash flow in the market, the more software innovation we should have. :thumbsup:

Now all we need is a little competition in the GPU arena.

SwedX
04-23-07, 12:42 PM
Next gen Consoles is allways a joke compared to a high end Pc ;)

agentkay
04-23-07, 12:49 PM
That's gotta be a huge share of the market.

And its increasing every month. I predict it will overtake retail sales within 2-4 years. Im not a big fan of digital distribution but the industry definitely is and they will keep pushing it and making it bigger (and hopefully better).

mullet
04-23-07, 01:33 PM
I can't wait till UT3, QW:ET, Alan Wake, Crysis, COD-4 hits the shelves, along with all the new hardware hitting this year, wow just wow. 2007 is the year of the PC gamer!!!!!!!!!!1

J-Mag
04-23-07, 01:36 PM
I can't wait till UT3, QW:ET, Alan Wake, Crysis, COD-4 hits the shelves, along with all the new hardware hitting this year, wow just wow. 2007 is the year of the PC gamer!!!!!!!!!!1

I bet 50% of those games you just listed wont be out till '08 :(

CaptNKILL
04-23-07, 03:06 PM
Awesome!

Glad to see it making a come back. :)

Camp0rz
04-23-07, 03:17 PM

there is a constant stream of new hardware/games for every year, 07 is no different.

Redeemed
04-23-07, 04:32 PM
there is a constant stream of new hardware/games for every year, 07 is no different.

There isn't a constant stream of huge jumps in performance like what we saw with the 8800GTX and the Core2- nor are there constant streams of games like Crysis or Alan Wake every year.

In that regard, this year is gonna' be a great year. :D

Another thing not included in those reports is the sale of gaming hardware and accessories for you PC (gaming mice, mouse pads, keyboards, speakers, etc). If everything was included in those reports I'm sure the total revunue would be mind-boggling.

TiKiMaN1
04-23-07, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty much thinking sales of Crysis will put those sales numbers right through the roof.:D

Peoples-Agent
04-23-07, 04:36 PM
Next gen Consoles is allways a joke compared to a high end Pc ;)

Unfortunately, without the games that actually work and aren't excessively bugged, I beg to differ.

It's picking up now, but c'mon ...most of last year was dead as could be.

I think FEAR was the last real game out for the PC.

nVidia and MS sort this Vista mess out , get DX10 cracking and then it will start to bloom.

NaitoSan
04-23-07, 04:37 PM
i still need to upgrade to core2duo. :o

TiKiMaN1
04-23-07, 04:41 PM
Yep, pc gaming is definately dead... :p ;)

I had some (crazy):retard: at a game store try to explain to me how PC Gaming was on it's way out. I just laughed at him and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. I asked why his game store didn't sell PC Games. He told me because they don't sell. Again I laughed.:lol:

And wouldn't you know it his precious game store went out of business 2 months later.:D

:lol2:

agentkay
04-23-07, 05:21 PM

Where you living under a rock in March? That month offered a load of decent games for PC. :p

nekrosoft13
04-23-07, 05:22 PM
Unfortunately, without the games that actually work and aren't excessively bugged, I beg to differ.

It's picking up now, but c'mon ...most of last year was dead as could be.

nVidia and MS sort this Vista mess out , get DX10 cracking and then it will start to bloom.

bla bla bla, i like to bitch

back to topic

thats great, go PC gamers!!

nekrosoft13
04-23-07, 05:24 PM
I had some (crazy):retard: at a game store try to explain to me how PC Gaming was on it's way out. I just laughed at him and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. I asked why his game store didn't sell PC Games. He told me because they don't sell. Again I laughed.:lol:

And wouldn't you know it his precious game store went out of business 2 months later.:D

:lol2:

they closed down two EBs and one gamestop by my house, while frys got tons of PC games and they sell!

i for one will never show at EB and gamestop again

GamerGuyX
04-23-07, 05:27 PM
PC gamers can do anything!!!11!one!!!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/1337_GamerGuyX/animfreeyourmind9ui.gif

J-Mag
04-23-07, 05:29 PM
^ WTF was that idiot jumping off the building?

ynnek
04-23-07, 05:29 PM
The B&M store of Fry's in Oregon is on my blacklist. Never going there ever again.

nekrosoft13
04-23-07, 05:30 PM

he probably tried to get away from GamerGuyX

methimpikehoses
04-23-07, 05:33 PM

Please, WTF is that?

J-Mag
04-23-07, 05:35 PM
he probably tried to get away from GamerGuyX

Hehehe...

Hey, btw whats your sig say? "He who decides for peace, prepares for war." Something like that?

Redeemed
04-23-07, 05:35 PM
I'm sure PA hasn't heard about Stalker- otherwise he'd know that FEAR was not the last game released for PC. :D