PDA

View Full Version : New build please help?!

mxmightymc
04-23-07, 08:09 PM
I build my PC(spes on sig) and I'm experiencing alot of crashes I cant play games at all! I try almost all the drivers I could find but no results! :(

Rummy
04-23-07, 10:02 PM
Try running at stock speeds first. Your computer is probably not stable. It is very nice by the way.

DRen72
04-24-07, 08:46 AM
Right, always start testing and gaming at stock speeds and work your way up from there. Every PC configuration is different...even if they are the same components due to manufacturing variances, so a 3.4GHz overclock, while relatively mild for a water cooled quad core, maybe too much...or it could be the RAM voltage or any number of other things. Try stock and then raise the multiplier to 11, then try 12, etc.

XFX Support
04-24-07, 12:22 PM
I agree with Rum Cooler and DRen72 start with normal clock speeds for all componets and take it from there. Also do you get and error codes when your system crashes?

XFX Support

mxmightymc
04-24-07, 01:57 PM
My overclock was really stable everything seen to have the right temps. The cpu was between 50c to 55c on load and the MB was 33c. I did and now my motherboard is not working properly. Whats the best (stable) bios for the striker extreme?

nippyjun
04-24-07, 03:01 PM
I'm confused. Are these crashes a new event or have you been having these problems from the start? If these problems have occured after overclocking then obviously you need to start over again.

Also, what are you using to test stability? What OS are you using. Which drivers for the vid card?

rombat
04-24-07, 03:28 PM
mxmightymc, hmmm if you already set your cpu to stock setting and still crashing. I would check to see if Asus released a new bios for your board. If they did I would update the bios. You need to talk to TiKiMaN1 he has almost the same setup as you. Plus he is into his Striker Xtreme board!

mxmightymc
04-24-07, 11:45 PM
My OS Win Xp and the crashes just started happening. I had my overclocked since day one but now I'm running stock speeds.

Tr1cK
04-25-07, 08:28 AM
Try that new BIOS for it.

mxmightymc
04-25-07, 01:12 PM
Okay now I see something missing in the post! I forgot what was there before. I'll post a pic later.

Logical
04-26-07, 07:55 AM
Your prob is the xfx 8800 xxx..........the nvidia reference boards are just not stable when overclocked wether it be end user OR manufacturer.

Try underclocking your GPU to standard settings or just RMA it and get a standard version.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=32768&hl=bsod

Logical
04-26-07, 08:20 AM
Not what you want to see but it may solve your problem.

DRen72
04-26-07, 09:47 AM
I am particularly interested in the outcome of this. I am considering a similar upgrade soon but I'll keep my eVGA 8800GTX. If swapping graphics cards fixes mxmightymc's troubles, then I will know its not an issue with the MB, RAM, or CPU.

Logical
04-26-07, 10:56 AM
I am particularly interested in the outcome of this. I am considering a similar upgrade soon but I'll keep my eVGA 8800GTX. If swapping graphics cards fixes mxmightymc's troubles, then I will know its not an issue with the MB, RAM, or CPU.

I'd be very surprised if his problem does have anything to do with other components.

RMA GPU and get the standard version......100 pound cheaper at the expense of 200 extra 3dmarks.

These manufacturers that o/c reference boards need to get a grip, they dont work properly.

mxmightymc
04-27-07, 10:40 AM
No is not the video card. I think is the MB and its comparability with this ram. At one point it wouldnt even boot. I sort found out that it had to do with the memory but I'm not sure. I'm also using the latest bios, that stop the crashes. Bios 1004 didnt work for me I would recommend not to upgrade to that one!

mxmightymc
04-27-07, 10:45 AM
I'm overclocking the memory but only to its standard settings. Striker xtreme only allows up to 800mhz the only thing i did was switching it to 1111mhz and 2.4v. according corsair's site. I'm not sure is that to much voltage?!

DRen72
04-27-07, 02:11 PM
Might be time to try the eVGA 680i board. The newer revisions appear to work well with Quad core.

mxmightymc
04-27-07, 11:15 PM
confirmed try to overclock my memory crashes my computer and wont boot up. time to call ASUS!