PDA

View Full Version : Striker Extreme Updates!

Pages : [1] 2

TiKiMaN1
04-24-07, 12:09 AM
Well there is a brand new BIOS (1102) that came out a few days ago and also new Chipset Drivers for Windows Vista (1.16) that came out a couple of days ago.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Striker%20Extreme

Updating my system now.:D

(nana2)

gstanford
04-24-07, 09:01 AM
Striker Extreme Release BIOS version 1102
1. Add new CPU uCode to support new CPU
2. Improve memory compatibility
3. Remove Linkboost support
Interesting.

ArrowMk84
04-24-07, 09:05 AM
Since Nvidia hasn't posted any new chipset drivers, I'm not going to upgrade those. But I find it very interesting that Linkboost is being removed in 1102. I'll have to give this BIOS a try.

nekrosoft13
04-24-07, 09:46 AM
nothing interested in that "chipset" update

its only raid driver with raid tool

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Class=SCSIAdapter
ClassGUID={4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Provider=%NVIDIA%
CatalogFile=nvraid.cat
DriverVer=10/17/2006,5.10.2600.0917

and raid tool is dated 10/17/06

damn old stuff

Amuro
04-24-07, 10:27 AM
Linkboost has been removed from all Asus board BIOS.

mcolbourn
04-24-07, 10:52 AM
Linkboost has been removed from all Asus board BIOS.

It was also removed from the EVGA 680i as well

I think it was due to the large temp increase that it caused

TiKiMaN1
04-24-07, 11:11 AM
I'm glad because LinkBoost is a joke IMO. These are good BIOS. I'm excited for a performance increase BIOS like some of the others have been.:D

Tr1cK
04-24-07, 01:47 PM
WTF is/was linkboost?

Dazz
04-24-07, 01:49 PM
Link Boost has been removed from nVidia's site 3 months ago now. Seems to cuase stability issues. ABIT still have not removed it from their boards.

J-Mag
04-24-07, 01:50 PM
HAHAH! The first time where mobos are specifically reduced to the lite version to increase functionality.

I'm thinking about trying the DFI when it hits. Interesting how they decided to go with the LT version on the get go.

Tr1cK
04-24-07, 04:38 PM
I'm assuming my P5NE-SLI doesn't have it?

TiKiMaN1
04-24-07, 04:50 PM
HAHAH! The first time where mobos are specifically reduced to the lite version to increase functionality.

I'm thinking about trying the DFI when it hits. Interesting how they decided to go with the LT version on the get go.

Where do you just keep getting this DFI info from?

J-Mag
04-24-07, 04:58 PM
Where do you just keep getting this DFI info from?

There are a few threads over on XS:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139778

Amuro
04-24-07, 10:34 PM
WTF is/was linkboost?
Linkboost's supposed to overclock the HyperTransport links between the northbridge and southbridge and the PCI-e graphics links by 25%, providing additional bandwidth for video cards, while at the same time making the mobo consume more power and generate more heat.

And no, your P5NE-SLI doesn't have Linkboost because it was a feature of the 590 SLI and 680i SLI chipsets.

TiKiMaN1
04-24-07, 10:39 PM
There are a few threads over on XS:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139778
Very nice!! I should have looked there before asking.:D Great pics and stuff.

Tr1cK
04-24-07, 10:48 PM
Linkboost's supposed to overclock the HyperTransport links between the northbridge and southbridge and the PCI-e graphics links by 25%, providing additional bandwidth for video cards, while at the same time making the mobo consume more power and generate more heat.

And no, your P5NE-SLI doesn't have Linkboost because it was a feature of the 590 SLI and 680i SLI chipsets.

Thanks!

ArrowMk84
04-25-07, 06:17 AM
Cool, my GPU and motherboard temps have gone down with this BIOS. Bye-bye linkboost!

Digital_Trans
04-26-07, 01:29 AM
Well there is a brand new BIOS (1102) that came out a few days ago and also new Chipset Drivers for Windows Vista (1.16) that came out a couple of days ago.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Striker%20Extreme

Updating my system now.:D

(nana2)

Is this the beta release or official non-beta for the record?

Amuro
04-26-07, 04:21 AM
It's non-beta.

Digital_Trans
04-26-07, 09:37 PM
It's non-beta.

Well, I've got a problem...I tryed flashing to the new bios with the Asus update utility which is version 7.09.03 which supports Windows Vista x64
I'm getting the following errors message....

Fail to reserve DMI data in EEPROM
Please press [Flash] button to try
again or [Exit] to abort.

Any suggestions?

Amuro
04-26-07, 11:55 PM
Well, I've got a problem...I tryed flashing to the new bios with the Asus update utility which is version 7.09.03 which supports Windows Vista x64
I'm getting the following errors message....

Fail to reserve DMI data in EEPROM
Please press [Flash] button to try
again or [Exit] to abort.

Any suggestions?
Never flash in Windows. Put the file on a USB thumb drive, and use the EZ-Flash 2 under Tools in BIOS.

Thijs1301
04-27-07, 06:27 AM
Hello,

I also have build a new system with the 'Asus Striker Extreme' + C2D E6600 + OCZ2N1066SR2GK (memory OCZ, SLI-ready) + 1 * Asus 8800 GTX (to be expanded with one more later (SLI)) + 2 * 320GB Seagate 7200.10 (RAID 0).
But i'm experiencing very instability problems. I'm am running Windows XP. Randomly different programs stop responding or get very high delays (when I wait long enough the respond again). I don't know what to do anymore. In the beginning (few days ago) I tried to boost up the memory voltage. Every time I boosted the voltage the system seemed to be a bit more stable. But some time later the trouble came again. Now I have the memory put at 2.3V and entered the timings manually at the bios (5-5-5-15-22).
But now everything is freezing again (not Windows XP but every program I try to run. However computer games seem to have much little problems running.
I was trying to install Windows Vista 64Bit Ultimate but I wasn't able to because at setup I got the 'CD/DVD device driver missing/not found' loop. So I couldn't go on. I have the Samsung SH-S183L (SATA) dvd burner.
Does somebody have some advice to get Vista running? Then I can try to see if that solves the problem.
I can't figure out what is wrong. I tried some memtest programs but the memory seemed to be fine. I also neved got any messages at Windows XP of errors. So I don't think the memory can be corrupted because I don't receive errors I only get freezing programs.
Could my motherboard be corrupted?

Can anybody give me some advice? (It's just very frustrating, buying a High-End system and ending up with a system unusable)

Greetings,
Thijs

Badboy_12345
04-27-07, 03:17 PM
Never flash in Windows. Put the file on a USB thumb drive, and use the EZ-Flash 2 under Tools in BIOS.

mine doesnt work :(
I have mine connected with the bios file and I see A B and C drives in the utility and none of them are the usb drive

Digital_Trans
04-27-07, 06:23 PM

Great! thanks for the tip! It worked like a charm! Infact, after using the EZ-Flash 2 tool in the bios I rebooted and still had the exact same bios settings.
Is it a good idea to default the bios settings and redo them since this is a newer bios version?

Amuro
04-27-07, 08:30 PM
mine doesnt work :(
I have mine connected with the bios file and I see A B and C drives in the utility and none of them are the usb drive
If you don't have a floppydrive connected, A drive is your USB drive. Select it then hit enter to locate the file. Should work.