PDA

View Full Version : Audio "Issues" on ASUS P5B Deluxe

thor1182
04-25-07, 08:57 AM
Its only the second day with this computer, and already I don't like a lot of how it works. Some of the Bios things I can get over, but I like how my nvidia chipset worked better. Most recently, its been the integrated sound.

1 - When I had the PC hooked up to my TV, I could never get the optical out to work. It just never seemed to send output any sound. I don't know if there was some setting I missed or what, but it never just worked like I thought it should have.

2 - When I moved it back to my computer desk after I had finished getting things configured and installed on it, I noticed a cracking/pop sound coming from the speakers while I was playing music. I turned down WAVE amp volume bar in windows, and that seemed to help.

So is there something I'm missing to get it working right, or do I need to go get a dedicated card. If so, which one?

schuey74
04-25-07, 10:30 AM
Its only the second day with this computer, and already I don't like a lot of how it works. Some of the Bios things I can get over, but I like how my nvidia chipset worked better. Most recently, its been the integrated sound.

1 - When I had the PC hooked up to my TV, I could never get the optical out to work. It just never seemed to send output any sound. I don't know if there was some setting I missed or what, but it never just worked like I thought it should have.

2 - When I moved it back to my computer desk after I had finished getting things configured and installed on it, I noticed a cracking/pop sound coming from the speakers while I was playing music. I turned down WAVE amp volume bar in windows, and that seemed to help.

So is there something I'm missing to get it working right, or do I need to go get a dedicated card. If so, which one?
Disconnecting the internal speaker (inside your tower) solved this for me.

thor1182
04-25-07, 02:28 PM
seems kind of odd that speaker would cause a problem.

schuey74
04-25-07, 02:52 PM
seems kind of odd that speaker would cause a problem.
I know it's odd, but it works. I had this issue just recently and I did a lot of searching and reading and this seems to be the solution that worked most often.

thor1182
04-25-07, 02:53 PM
so the speaker that it uses to make post beeps with I should unplug O.o?

schuey74
04-25-07, 03:46 PM
so the speaker that it uses to make post beeps with I should unplug O.o?
Yup, the one which is connected to the same set of pins as your power & reset switch. Make sure you turn off the PC and unplug it first.

mullet
04-26-07, 12:31 AM
I just downloaded the new drivers from the ASUS site, now no popping. :afro:

thor1182
04-26-07, 08:04 AM
hurm, well I took another route last night and just got a stand alone card.

schuey74
04-26-07, 08:45 AM
I just downloaded the new drivers from the ASUS site, now no popping. :afro:
Damn, I just saw that Asus released new audio drivers last week. I'm going to give them a try this weekend. Thanks for the news flash.

XDanger
04-26-07, 05:31 PM
My internal speaker NEVER worked on my p5b-d, was it already disconnected? I thought those things were hard-wired (im talking about the beeper just incase).
Damn that p5b onboard sound it makes my pc go haywire in the brain with the crashing and the weird ultra interlaced booting.
disable hd front panel in bios use ac97 driver bullcrap ,I just gave up.

OH NEW SOUND DRIVER!!