PDA

View Full Version : PNY 8800 GTS

rayek07
04-25-07, 02:58 PM
I recently purchased a PNY 8800 GTS 320. I installed the newest drivers from Nvidia's website and everything seems to work fine. However, last night the power flickered and now it seems there are issues with textures. I play World of Warcraft and no matter what I do the textures are blurry and smudged. It's like someone turned the detail to the lowest level. Any suggestions on what to do to correct the issue? Thanks in advance. BTW I have not OC'd anything. Again thanks.

ATOJAR
04-25-07, 03:15 PM
are you getting artifacts? check the temps while under load!.... try uninstalling the drivers and use driver cleaner pro in safe mode! then try a reinstall of the drivers, what psu you got?

Can you supply a screenshot?

Tygerwoody
04-25-07, 03:33 PM
I recently purchased a PNY 8800 GTS 320. I installed the newest drivers from Nvidia's website and everything seems to work fine. However, last night the power flickered and now it seems there are issues with textures. I play World of Warcraft and no matter what I do the textures are blurry and smudged. It's like someone turned the detail to the lowest level. Any suggestions on what to do to correct the issue? Thanks in advance. BTW I have not OC'd anything. Again thanks.
Good luck getting it Warrantied. PNY is the biggest piece of trash company to ever grace this earth. Their "lifetime warranty" only lasts a handful of months after original release date. It doesn't matter if you just bought the card yesterday. The second PNY stops the manufacture process of the card, the "lifetime warranty" is expired. Even if they still sell the cards that does not mean they are still producing them.

My advice would be RMA that sucker as fast as you can. Work to get your money back. If you can't get your money back then please for god sakes get a replacement and FAST. PNY has the worst quality of any other brand and a non existent warranty. Thats why you save an entire $20 by buying from them, because you are buying something that WILL break.

rayek07
04-25-07, 06:36 PM
Thanks for your help. I did exactly what you said and reinstalled the drivers and VOILA!!! It works great. I guess when the powerflickered it corrupted the drivers? In either case at least it works. Has anyone OC'd their PNY 8800GTS 320? How can you do it? Thanks!!!

ATOJAR
04-26-07, 12:42 AM
you can over clock using rivatuner 2.0 (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163), over clocking can make the card get a little warmer so you can also use rivatuner to adjust the cards fan speed to about 85%......

RivaTuner 2.0 Guide > http://www.vaguesoft.com/users/dwood/blog/tutorials/rivatuner/

(I personally flash the cards BIOS so i don't have to mess about with a 3rd party over clocking tool, my card runs at 600/1458/900 permanently with 85% fan speed)

You should easily be able to get your card to 600MHz/900MHz(1.8GHz) .... i wouldn't push it past that personally... not without good after market cooling.

What wattage and brand power supply have you got?... if the power supply isn't powerful enough the pc could be unstable and may randomly power off, as you said maby this is what happened last time and it sounds like it corrupted the drivers!.