PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to...

CaptNKILL
04-25-07, 10:37 PM
... the big mystery game (an FPS I think) that was supposedly going to revolutionize multiplayer gaming?

I can't remember who the developer was but there were some screenshots or a trailer of it within the last year and I remember everyone making a huge deal about it, like the developers were calling it some big revolutionary experience that combined single player and multiplayer gaming somehow...

I've been looking everywhere and I can't find any threads or info anywhere on it.

Anyone else remember this? About the only other things I remember were some pictures of a realistic looking street scene, and some sort of red, white and black logo (either for the game or the developer)...

Yeah, really vague... I know... but its driving me nuts trying to remember what this was.

Banko
04-25-07, 10:38 PM
Wasn't that some new Valve game or something ?

CaptNKILL
04-25-07, 10:42 PM
Wasn't that some new Valve game or something ?
Yeah it was a big developer, I don't know if it was Valve.

They had a name for the type of game it was, it wasnt multiplayer and it wasnt singleplayer... it was ____player. I can't remember the word they used.

|MaguS|
04-25-07, 10:44 PM
Your thinking about "The Crossing" I believe. Its suppose to be a Single Player game that other people can jump in at anytime to alter the gameplay. Any NPC can become a player, kinda like the Agents in The Matrix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossing_%28video_game%29

CaptNKILL
04-25-07, 10:46 PM
Yep, thats it. With the red, white and black logo. :p

And its by Arkane studios (the guys behind Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah) and Valve.

Thanks magus. :thumbsup:

|MaguS|
04-25-07, 10:48 PM
Np, Im a dork. :p

Mr. Hunt
04-25-07, 10:54 PM
What ever happened to predictibility?
The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV.

Everywhere you look , everywhere you go (there's a heart).
There's a heart
A hand to hold onto.

CaptNKILL
04-25-07, 11:01 PM
Np, Im a dork. :p
Who isn't? :D

I'm really interested in this game though. I must have missed the more recent news where they explained the story and how exactly cross-player works.

It sounds awesome. I hope they pull it off, and I hope the game comes out in the next year or two. :)

WeReWoLf
04-26-07, 01:37 AM
The description also kinda sounds like the MMOFPSRPG called Huxley. That itself doesn't look too bad.

CaptNKILL
04-26-07, 07:12 AM
Does anyone get Edge magazine? I guess there is something about The Crossing in the April issue, which would have been out last month.