PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Install on WD Raptor 36G

Wolfhound
04-27-07, 02:32 AM
Is enough a WD raptor 36G for Vista install only? I plan to make the move to Vista Home Premium without dual booting, programs and games will go on other partition,temp files and user folders will go in other disk, I know that Vista take 15Gigs on a fresh install, have other WD raptor 36G I can go to RAID0 if needed.

Single Player
04-27-07, 05:08 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/homepremium/default.mspx

check System Requirements

SLippe
04-27-07, 06:17 AM
Wow! I can't believe it takes 15GB. I'll have to look to see what Ultimate takes...

EDIT: Eh, it's the same 15GB.

Wolfhound
04-27-07, 06:22 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/homepremium/default.mspx

check System Requirements

Yeah, I saw them, but I want your advice...pleaseeee... :p

Badboy_12345
04-27-07, 07:19 AM
it should be enough... dont know how it wont be enough as vista only takes 15gb lots of headroom there..

so go for it

grey_1
04-27-07, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I saw them, but I want your advice...pleaseeee... :p
I had it installed on a 74GB raptor, within a week I wiped it and moved it to a 250GBWD.

Some games and progs can get squirrely trying to direct them to install somewhere other than the default directory, not often, I just don't want to deal with it.

Wolfhound
04-27-07, 07:58 AM
I had it installed on a 74GB raptor, within a week I wiped it and moved it to a 250GBWD.

Some games and progs can get squirrely trying to direct them to install somewhere other than the default directory, not often, I just don't want to deal with it.

A lot of programs? or some?..

grey_1
04-27-07, 08:19 AM
A lot of programs? or some?..
No, I think Doom 3 and FEAR were 2 of them, mostly minor stuff. This was with the beta, though I don't know how much difference there would be.

I have seen someone post here about an easy way around that, I just don't remember what it was. I'm sure several of the folks reading this could tell you.

Wolfhound
04-27-07, 09:36 AM
No, I think Doom 3 and FEAR were 2 of them, mostly minor stuff. This was with the beta, though I don't know how much difference there would be.

I have seen someone post here about an easy way around that, I just don't remember what it was. I'm sure several of the folks reading this could tell you.

Thanks grey